Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50258 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 51: In Which Much Is Acquired!
« Reply #390 on: December 09, 2011, 11:38:06 am »

Unsmash nose, lead the men onwards! To grouphugs and glory!
Love, scriver~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 09, 2011, 11:53:43 am »

Sir Feyman, oblivious the Ethalheed's pain, shouts, "Right then, Beatacough! Onwards we go... to the castle!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 09, 2011, 02:34:19 pm »

Are you guys sure you're trained knights...?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 09, 2011, 02:37:40 pm »

We are most certainly knights, but our sole tutors were the Three Musketeers.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 52: Castle L'Homard.
« Reply #394 on: December 13, 2011, 09:48:27 am »

Fifty second turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday lunchtime; L’Isle de L’Homard.

“Onwards, men!” cries Sir Beadocáf, rallying the knights on the Plage de l’Homard. “Oh, hang about, my nose appears to be smashed. Hold on men!” corrects Sir Beadocáf, “My nose appears to be smashed! Can’t go into battle with a smashed nose, what?”

“No, I say, that wouldn’t do at all, Sir Beatac-arrrrg!”

Beadocáf draws his knobbed mace to rectify the problem, and delivers a mighty smash to the back of his head! He misses! He smashes Sir Feyman’s face!

Wound Acquired: Sir Feyman: Re-smashed Face! (Ye face is covered in blood! -1 to seeing until it is cleaned off!)

“Oh, terribly sorry old bean, didn’t see you there underneath me. I’m quite rotund you know. Here, allow me to fix that.”

Beadocáf swings his knobbed mace to rectify the problem, and delivers a mighty smash to the back of Sir Feyman’s head! He misses! He hits the back of his own head! The force unsmashes Sir Beadocáf’s nose out of his face! His left eye pops out!

Wound Healed: Sir Beadocáf: Nose Unsmashed!
Wound Acquired: Sir Beadocáf: Left Eye Popped Out! (Thine aiming is affected! -1 to aiming until it is popped back in!)

“Oh bloody hell,” continues Beadocáf, “Well, I should probably just get up. Or shall we have another group hug?”

“No no, Sir Beatacough,”
strains Feyman, beginning to feel quite uncomfortable under his portly companion, “I think ‘t’would be best to get on our wa-arrgh!”

Feyman passes out from the weight!

Wound Acquired: Sir Feyman: Squashed Unconscious!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Strapping his leg to his back, Sir Ethlehed pulls himself up a few feet away, and walks over to the pair of crutches lying about conveniently by the beach. Alas! He has but one leg! He falls!

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Re-smashed Face! (Yon face is smeared all over with blood! -1 to seeing until it is wiped away!)

…   …   …   …   …   …

The merry cohort make their way overland, walking and hobbling the short distance along the water’s edge towards the great castle, with Sir Uriel heroically carrying the unconscious, bleeding and mumbling Sir Feyman on his back, despite his Smashed Kidney.

"Damn it, Beatacough!” mumbles Feyman, “Onwards we go... to the eel pond… careful now…"

…   …   …   …   …   …

The vast and looming stone walls of the castle approach; Castle L’Homard, last known resting place of the Holy Grail, stands tall and majestic before the four Knights of the Round Table. They look up at the rising and awesome fortifications blocking their way.

“Chaaaaarge!” commences Sir Uriel, heroically, “For God and King Arthurrrrrr!!”

He throws Sir Feyman to the ground! The impact smashes his face!

Wound Acquired: Sir Feyman: Re-smashed Face! (Ye face is covered in blood! And dirt! -2 to seeing until it is cleaned off!)

“Chaaaaaaaaaarge!” continues Sir Uriel, as he begins his heroic single-handed taking of Castle L’Homard.

Sir Feyman comes round! The impact has clearly shaken him awake!

Wound Healed: Sir Feyman: Knocked Conscious!

“Chaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhh!” concludes Sir Uriel, running at full speed into the castle wall and knocking himself unconscious, despite his Smashed Kidney.

The impact smashes his face!

Wound Acquired: Sir Uriel: Smashed Face!
Wound Acquired: Sir Uriel: Knocked Unconscious!

…   …   …   …   …   …

As Sir Uriel lies face down in the mud beneath the castle walls, the three remaining knights kneel in thanks.

“God be praised!” utters Feyman, “The deaths of many fine knights will this day be avenged!”

The knights bend their heads in prayer before the castle for which they have searched for over fifty turns. Suddenly a voice comes from the battlements.

“Ha ha! Hello! Smelly English K...niggets ... of Monsieur Arthur King, who has the brain of a duck, you know!”

Sir Uriel awakes in fright! The four knights look up!

“We French persons outwit you a second time, perfidious English mousedropping hoarders... how you say: Begorrah!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Spoiler: GM’s note (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 52: Castle L'Homard.
« Reply #395 on: December 13, 2011, 10:18:31 am »

Oh man, I can't help but picture every knight with loface after all that. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 13, 2011, 10:20:20 am »

Hmm.. should I not gain chivalry for carrying.. oh wait.. I dropped him, well that cancels that out I guess.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 13, 2011, 10:44:35 am »

Engage in a battle of insults with the potty-mouthed frenchman until he curls up whimpering in a corner, most conveniently hitting the door-opening lever!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 13, 2011, 10:52:19 am »

Hmm.. should I not gain chivalry for carrying...

Why not! I will retroactivate some next turn.

Engage in a battle of insults with the potty-mouthed frenchman until he curls up whimpering in a corner, most conveniently hitting the door-opening lever!

Examples would help me out in a writing sense, the French are historically good at insulting, the English less so. Although I suppose there's no good you coming out with the mother of all insults and then rolling [1]. Although that could determine the reply, I suppose. I may need to work out an insult mechanism.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 13, 2011, 11:16:02 am »

If Sir Uriel's Retinue Member Goofus is along with us, have him back up Sir Ethlehed with puns so terrible even frenchmen would cringe.
Sir Uriel will then make use of Ethlehe'd distraction
and search the walls for a gate or some other entrance. (wether Goofus is here or not)
All while being heroic about it despite of Sir uriel's Smahsed face, Smashed Kidney and Lack of Depth Perception!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 01:02:30 pm by Ultimuh »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 13, 2011, 12:07:17 pm »

Sir Feyman lets Ethlehedd the talking. He never was good at battles of wits!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 06:04:34 pm by freeformschooler »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:31 pm »

Indeed, while a scholar learned in the arts of wit might to better than Good Sir Ethelred, Baedocáf will see to that his eye is popped back into it's socket, and remind the other knights to clean of their faces.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 53: Defecation and Shame!
« Reply #402 on: December 14, 2011, 08:46:49 am »

Fifty third turn!

RETROSPECTIVE CHIVALRY INCREASE: ACTIVATE!

Sir Uriel: +1 chivalry (Carrying his gravely wounded colleague!)

RETROSPECTIVE CHIVALRY DECREASE: ACTIVATE!

Sir Uriel: -1 chivalry (Throwing his gravely wounded colleague viciously to the floor!)

RETROSPECTIVE CHIVALRY INCREASE: ACTIVATE!

Sir Uriel: +1 chivalry (Bravely charging the French singlehanded!)

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday lunchtime; Chateau de L’Homard.

“How dare you,” shouts back Sir Ethlehed to the unseen Frenchman, “How dare you insult our King Arthur like that! Why, you miserable toad licki-“

“Why what? Miserable? I am a very ‘appy man! I am very ‘appy because I see a silly English type before me, who is clearly ready for a good taunting!”
The Frenchman sticks his head over the battlements. “Now, how you English say:  I one more time, I unclog my nose towards you, sons of a window-dresser, so, you think you could out-clever us French fellows with your silly knees-bent creeping about advancing behaviour?” He stops to point at Sir Uriel, doing his best to sneakily search the walls for some undefended entrance, and makes a crude sound with his mouth. It sounds a bit like a fart. “Get away from mah castle! I wave my private parts at your aunties, you brightly-coloured, mealy-templed, cranberry-smelling, electric donkey-bottom biters!”

Sir Uriel hastily retreats, unable to find a secret entrance under this relentless barrage of insults, and orders Goofus to the front to reinforce Sir Ethlehed’s feeble efforts.

“Sir Ethlehed,” starts Goofus, “May I suggest you bang on the door? They may well fall for that. It worked for Sir Uriel and I at the Siege of Crandon’s Peak.”

“Very good. Yes. Good idea. Come, Feyman, back me up my good fellow. Come Uriel, be not disheartened by failure! Where’s Beadocáf?”

The three knights advance on the castle’s main gate. Sir Ethlehed booms a resounding crash of a knock on the door. He hits so hard he maims his hand!

Wound Acquired: Injured hand!

“Blast! Buggrit! Damn! Ouch! Well, luckily it’s not broken, eh. Right. In the name of the Lord,” he announces, “We demand entrance to this sacred castle! Open the door!”

The Frenchman above appears to be joined by several of his comrades. The brave Knights of the Round Table hear a chorus of jeers rain down from above.

“No chance, you English bed-wetting types.  We burst our pimples at you and call your door-opening request a silly thing, you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms!”

The disheartened knights can just about make out a series of outrageously accented laughs behind the battlements that defy them so rudely.

“Damn it,” mutters Ethlehed to his companions, “I’m not doing especially well at this insulting business. Well, there’s only one option left.” He turns his face back towards the battlements above. “If you do not open these doors at once, we shall take this castle by force...”

“I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction!”

A bucket of castle waste is thrown over the battlements.

It lands directly in Ethlehed’s face!

“In the name of God... and the glory of our...”

Another bucket of what one would politely describe as human ordure flies down upon Ethlehed.

It hits him directly in the eye!

Wound Acquired: Ordure in the eye! (-1 to seeing until it is cleaned!)

His face is covered!

He feels quite ashamed!

The French lean over the battlements amidst cries of laughter and jeers.

Chivalry Decreased: Sir Ethlehed: Covered in defecation and shame!

…   …   …   …   …   …

The three knights retreat from the castle gates, walking back towards Sir Beadocáf, who appears to be levering his eye back in with his knobbed mace.

He puts the mace down as they approach.

“I say! Good as new, what? Any news? Blimey. Do you know how filthy you all are?”

Wound Healed: Eye popped back in!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 53: Defecation and Shame!
« Reply #403 on: December 14, 2011, 09:31:30 am »

Wipe off yon stuff off yon face. Then devise a battle-plan.

I think I am not using yon correctly.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 53: Defecation and Shame!
« Reply #404 on: December 14, 2011, 09:53:21 am »

You are correct in your incorrection. That is not how you use yon. Don't worry about it though, Olde English is damn hard.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33