Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Seek the Grail!  (Read 50274 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 48: Kidnap!
« Reply #375 on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:50 am »

That's ok scriver, thanks for posting.

Does anyone want to suggest an action for Sir Uriel?

Edit: Gosh, well, I have heard the awful truth. The North! I may write the turn today!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:13:55 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 49: A Flower What?
« Reply #376 on: December 07, 2011, 11:00:51 am »

Forty ninth turn!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday; the Sea of Fate.

"How could he have survived!? How!?"

Sir Feyman is livid. An entire Holy Quest’s worth of frustration and loss erupts into a poignant and moving expression of manly anger. Feyman throws his sword into the lake!

"Fine. FINE! I will answer your two thousand and forty eight bloody questions! Ask away, you miserable old le- oh BUGGER."

Feyman watches his sword sink into the lake!

"Heathen!" shouts Beadocáf at the old man as he starts wading out in the water towards the boat, swinging his Mighty Steelen Fist of God above his head. "Witch! I demand you give us your boat at once, or I shall hold you personally responsible for the deaths of two Good Sirs Knight and Champions of King Arthur, to whose death your words led them! And also give you a forceful Baptism of Reinforced Interrogation until you repent thy sinful pagan ways! Like I did many your kind in Estonia and Finland during God's Holy Crusades!"

“I say, Beadocáf, steady on old chap,” mutters Sir Ethlehed, standing beside the impotently raging Feyman in a state of utter bafflement. He stares first at the old soothsayer, and then at Sir Feyman, and then at Sir Beadocáf wading away, and then once more at the old soothsayer, just to be sure. He is struck by a most excellent idea! He is debaffled!

“No need to interrogate him, I reckon, or to put up with his blasted interrogation” he continues, quickly grabbing the old blind man ahead of Beadocáf and starting to gag him with a scarf, “’Ere, we’ll just gag the geezer and be done with it,” says Ethlehed, as he starts tying the old man’s arms behind his back, “I’ve a mind to use him as a man club, in the manner of yon mighty heroes of old,” he finishes, as he blindfolds the frail retiree. “’Ere, I’ve got a bloody rhyme for you, mate. Look:

Those who would attack a Holy Knight,
Must first answer these questions e-
- oh, blast. Doesn’t work in the slightest does it. Doesn’t scan or rhyme at all. Bother. Blast. Eh! Eh, Beadocáf. Beadocáf! Eh! What the bloody hell! Give him back! I said steady on! What the blazes do you think you’re doing?! Oh bloody hell. Well, that’s that eh. Wasn’t a witch then, obviously.”

Ethlehed watches the old man sink into the lake!

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne the Merciless Drowner of Old Men, Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

In silence, the knights climb into the boat, which glides off smoothly across the water.

“Bloody hell Beadocáf,” complains Ethlehed, “That was a bit much, don’t you think?”

…   …   …   …   …   …   

The boat carries them across the magical lake.  They land and get out of the boat, stumbling across the small sandy beach with their faces suffused with heavenly radiance, and fall to their knees. Castle L’Homard lies before them!

“God be praised!” bellows Beadocáf.

“My word!” utters Uriel.

“Ehhhh!” echoes Ethlehed, “’Ang on, what’s that?!”

“SHIT!”
shrieks Feyman, fumbling about for his sword, “A flower troll! Coming at us!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 49: A Flower What?
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2011, 11:34:01 am »

;D

Beadocáf has no time for silly but intellectually stimulating rhymes and riddles!
Love, scriver~

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2011, 12:54:38 pm »

Wield the mighty weapon-contraption, and strike the flower troll with a powerful blow!
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:15 pm »

"Gods! I did not come thus far to be slewn by a boisterous blossom!" Beadocáf takes aim with the Holy Crossbow of Bersheeba and fires it at the flower-troll.
Love, scriver~

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2011, 02:53:19 pm »

Sir Feyman knows not to risk his second arm without a weapon. He searches the ground quickly for something that could be weaponized!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 07, 2011, 04:17:44 pm »

You're gonna have to weaponise the troll, freeform. Flower Power!
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 50: Arglebargl!
« Reply #382 on: December 08, 2011, 11:06:34 am »

Fiftieth turn! No, really!

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday; L’Isle de L’Homard.

“Oh noes! A flower troll!” cries Sir Feyman, “I can has weapon?”

“Blast!” exclaims Sir Feyman, “I did but recently discard my sword, and now a flower troll? What devilry is this?!”

"Gods!! I did not come this far to be slewn by a boisterous blossom!" points out Beadocáf as he unslings his Holy Crossbow of Beersheba in readiness to shoot the beast.

“No!!! This fiend is MINE,” shouts Sir Ethlehed, pushing aside his companions. Sir Beadocáf tumbles to the ground as Ethlehed bursts forward, leaving his companion fallen to the floor and cursing his impetuousness.

“Blast it, Ethlehed! I should have tossed you into yon lake! I say, Feyman, what the devil do you think you’re doing? Have you dropped a contact lens? I’d gladly lend a hand, but I’m rather busy at the moment. Fighting a flower troll, don’t you know,” finishes Beadocáf,  as he gets to his feet and brings the Holy Crossbow of Beersheba to his shoulder.

“Eureka! Or something,” announces Feyman, as he stops stooping about the ground and pushes past Beadocáf, knocking him down and then running towards the flower troll at top speed. “I really don’t know why I was searching about yon beach for pebbles to wield!” he wonders breathlessly, ”The answer lieth before mine eyes!”

“Bloody hell Feyman, you oaf! Come back here! I shall take down this monstrosity!” decides Beadocáf, getting to his feet and starting to prepare his Holy Crossbow of Beersheba for firing once more.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Oblivious to the Holy Crossbow rising to Beadocáf’s shoulder several dozen yards behind him, Ethlehed continues his brave assault, charging at the top of his voice towards the dastardly flower troll.

“MNNNNYARRRRRRRRRRRGHL!!”

“Noooooooooo! Ethlehed! Stay your… er… complicated looking bladey thing! This foul beast is mine!”

“No way, Sir Feyman, I desire the honour of slaying this monster! I shall not yield! I must not!”

“No no,”
attempts to explain Feyman, “Let me explain! I want to wield the monster! I must!”

“I don’t follow…” admits Ethlehed, looking bewildered as Feyman sprints up and smacks the hulking beast down to the floor with a one armed rugby tackle. “Ah! I see! You are immobilising the brute so I can nobly behead him with my… er… sharp contraption! Well done Sir Feyman! Most heroic I must say! Now, stand aside please! Let me handle this: I am far better armed and er... Yes. Anyway.”

Ethlehed brings his… er… pointy thing in a metallic arc of death overhead, and it smashes down upon the flower troll’s dainty neck!

It is bruised in twain!

The spine is severed! The ears are burst! The head is removed! The flower troll is struck down!

Title Acquired: Sir Ethlehed the Curious Flower Troll Slayer, Knower of Names, Taker of the Bridge of Doom, and Rescuer of Sir Feyman!

“Noooooooooooooooooo!” laments the one armed Feyman as he gets back to his feet, “I wanted that to replace my sword you dolt! How can I storm Castle L’Homard with one arm and no sword?! Oh bloody hell. Who’s going to take me seriously wielding a headless flower troll in combat? Eh? I’ll bloody show ‘em! I’ll do it anyway! Bloody French!”

Feyman bends to hoist up the flower troll’s bleeding and flower strewn corpse, before remembering how to lift correctly, and then bends his knees, trying as best he can to keep his back straight.

He lifts the headless corpse onto his shoulder, preparing to wield it in the forthcoming siege!

He wobbles under the weight!

He staggers about as the troll begins to sway from side to side!

“Good god man,” blurts out Feyman, “Don’t just stand there! Help me, Ethlehed! Grab his leg or something, help me gain a solid grip, this corpse has caught the wind and means to escape my grasp!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

“I say,” says the hitherto silent Sir Uriel to Beadocáf, as he peers into the mildly distant combat, “Yon headless troll lives on! It is gaining the upper hand upon our comrades! It thrusts poor Feyman from side to side! We must aid our fellow knights! Charrrrggge!!”

Sir Uriel charges forth to reinforce his ailing comrades!

Sir Uriel trips upon a nearby rock! He falls to the ground! He smashes his kidney!

Wound Acquired: Smashed Kidney!

“Beadocáf!” he moans from the floor, “You must do something! That troll shall be the end of us all! Open fire with yon crossbow!”

As the two men wrestle with the troll corpse some fifty yards ahead, Beadocáf, urged on by Uriel’s desperate pleas for intervention, finally fully raises his Holy Crossbow of Beersheba. He takes aim! He fires!

The recoil is horrendous!

He is flung back many feet! He flies back into the boat! His heavy armour smashes directly through the floor! The metallic weight crashes through the hull! Beadocáf and the boat begin to sink!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“ARGGGGGLLLLLLBARGL!!!”

“Ethlehed?”

“GNNNNNNNARRGGGGGGGLFARG!!!!”

“What’s the matter?”

“FNNNNNGGNNNGNNNGARHHHH!!!!!”

“Ooh, I say. Do you know you have a troll’s leg pinned to your thigh?”

Wound Acquired: Ethlehed: Pierced thigh!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 50: Arglebargl!
« Reply #383 on: December 08, 2011, 12:23:29 pm »

Strive to save Sir Beadocaf! Even if he pinned a flower troll to my thigh.

I can haz chivalry plz?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 08, 2011, 06:15:37 pm »

"My apologies about your thigh, Ethlehead." Feyman remove the flower troll leg, and turns towards the sinking ship. "I say, Beatacalf! I will save you alongside Ethelhead, but I will save you first!"

Sir Feyman thus attempts to save Sir Beatacalf before Ethledeheded, wielding his mighty flower troll corpse!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 08, 2011, 07:50:31 pm »

Beelsebub's bedpot! Beadocáf was never going to get the rust out of the boots at this rate. And now he had sand in his undergarments as well! The Saxon knight attempts to stop himself from sinking by standing up in the no doubt more than knee-deep water, seeming as how they landed the boat in that spot just moments ago, then nimbly rotundly tries to dodge the oncoming Samarithian Onslaught.

"By King and God! We have more important things to pursue than group hugs!"
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 51: In Which Much Is Acquired!
« Reply #386 on: December 09, 2011, 06:02:44 am »

Fifty first turn! Yes!

RETROSPECTIVE CHIVALRY INCREASE: ACTIVATE!

Sir Ethlehed: +1 chivalry (slaying a foul beast!) (one that just wanted to talk about flowers!)

England; the Dark Ages; Thursday; L’Isle de L’Homard.

“Oh blast and buggrit!” cries Beadocáf, sitting in the two foot deep water by the beach’s edge, “I’m never going to get the rust out of these boots at this rate!” He shifts his weight a little in preparation of getting to his feet and starts to rise. “Oh blazes and bother. What’s the bloody hell’s that strange crunchy fee- oh no! It cannot be! Forsooth! It is! And my bath is not till April!”

Beadocáf falls backwards in despair! His one hand covers his eyes in disbelief! His behind is wet through!

Title Acquired: Sir Beadocáf Aethlearne of the Sandy Crotch, Merciless Drowner of Old Men and Rotund Feller of the Tallest Tree on the Holy Hillock of Fate!

…   …   …   …   …   …

“Worry not, yon Beadocáf!” shouts Sir Ethlehed, “I shall save you! Oh blast. I have a flower troll pinned to me. I say.”

“Worry not, good Sir Ethethethethethlehed!”
echoes Sir Feyman, “I have time to remove yon flower troll and save the Saxon too! Here,” he continues, as he tries to gain a firm grip on the troll and plant his feet sturdily upon the ground, “Hold tight on yon rock and I shall give this blasted thing a hearty tug. Ready? Heave!”

Feyman pulls upon the pinned flower troll! He gives a mighty tug! He flies backwards several feet! Sir Ethlehed lets out a stoically muted cry of anguish!

“There,” concludes Feyman, “Think I got the bugger!” He gets back to his feet, proudly wielding the now liberated flower troll corpse. “OH SHIT! Erm. Sorry, old chap.”

Wound Acquired: Sir Ethlehed: Left leg pulled off!

Weapon Acquired: Sir Feyman: Headless Flower Troll Corpse! With knightly leg attachment!

…   …   …   …   …   …

"My apologies about your… erm… thigh, Ethlehead," says Feyman, looking down at his poor companion, "At least it’s still attached to my troll, eh? If we find a wise man and enough goat’s urine we may be able to reattach the blighter! I say, Beatacalf!” he continues, as he turns towards the sinking ship, “I will save you alongside Ethelhead, but I will save you first! It would be awfully poor form of me if I cannot outrun a newly one legged man, it must be said. Come, Sir Ethdelehed, chin up and all that, we have a knight to save!”

Feyman begins his sprint towards the distant waterline, a few feet beyond which the gravely afflicted Beadocáf is starting again to rise to his feet.

Beadocáf slips backwards in the lake!

“Dear God,” wails Feyman, “Yon situation doth become urgent! Brave Beadocáf flaileth about desperately amidst the rising waters! I have not the time to reach him before he is doomed! I must wield my mighty flower troll corpse!”

Feyman stops in confusion.

“Hmm. I must stop in conf… er, to think. I believe this operation shall depend on some rather delicate calculations of angles. Damn and blast!” he curses, as he sees Sir Ethlehed hop by to Beadocáf’s rescue, “Damn it Ethlehed, I have vowed to save yon helpless knight before ye! Oh balls then, be damned with you, delicate calculations! Have at you, you sinister lake!”

Feyman commences to spinning the headless corpse furiously in a circle about his shoulder! He spins so furiously that Sir Ethlehed’s leg is finally torn free! It flies away towards the sun! The flower troll’s blood showers out like a pustulent rainstorm! It spins out at tremendous speed! It is of such volume that it knocks the hopping Ethlehed to his feet, and he slides forwards upon the ground. His face is full of sand! His nose is smashed!

Wound Acquired: Re-smashed nose!

…   …   …   …   …   …

His face covered in troll blood, Feyman is oblivious to the carnage being wreaked upon Sir Ethlehed’s nose, and carries out his hastily thought through plan. He releases the headless flower troll corpse! It arcs into the air towards the watching Beadocáf! The stricken Saxon sees the troll corpse descend towards him. Beelzebub’s bedpot! he thinks to himself, as he tries to dodge the incoming Samaritroll. He dives desperately out of the way! He gets a face full of sand! His head hits a rock! His nose is smashed!

Wound Acquired: Smashed nose!

As Beadocáf spits the sand from his mouth, he sees the Samaritroll speed towards him. It lands just behind his feet! The enormous shock waves propel him violently out of the water. He flies rotundly through the air! He lands upon Sir Feyman!

He is saved!

Sir Feyman’s nose is smashed!

Wound Acquired: Re-smashed nose!

"By King and God, Sir Feyman!” bellows Beadocáf to the brave knight underneath him, “We have more important things to pursue than group hugs! Get up, good man! We have a castle to besiege!”

Title Acquired: Sir Feyman the Judging Saviour of Sir Beadocáf, Slayer of the Black Knight, Soiler of Underwear and Fiendish Smasher of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog!

Suddenly, Sir Ethlehed’s leg descends from its attempted orbit.

Wound Acquired: Ethlehed: Smashed face!

Item Acquired: Ethlehed: Left leg!

…   …   …   …   …   …

…   …   …   …   …   …

Spoiler: GM Note spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 06:10:54 am by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Seek the Grail! Turn 51: In Which Much Is Acquired!
« Reply #387 on: December 09, 2011, 06:17:07 am »

It seems fair. The spice must flow show must go on and all.

I wonder what's keeping him, though. Very well. Time for the Genevan criminal underworld to get a new Boss?
Love, scriver~

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 09, 2011, 09:03:13 am »

Ok, I'm back, studff happened at home, good stuff not bad.
Brother came back from.. studying in another town for some months.

Any way, I'm back.

Uriel attempts to do something heroic! Despite his Smashed Kidney and Lack Of Depth Perception.

edit: changed action.
editedit: changed it back again, due to promise of either great fame or demise.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:27:54 pm by Ultimuh »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 09, 2011, 10:20:16 am »

Get yon crutches! Stash yon leg away safely! (No, not as a crutch.) Then heroically crutch-walk towards the castle!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33