Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The ultimate weapon! (spoilers for underground content)  (Read 669 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
The ultimate weapon! (spoilers for underground content)
« on: October 13, 2011, 08:09:44 pm »

Some of them make a satisfying pop, but most just drop dead right around this point. The rest... well, you can see the fate that awaits the bolt-wasters.

This actually worked better than I thought -- based on my attempts to turn a bronze colossus into an archery target, I thought that those dwarves at the top would fire only if they had a single fortification between them and the target. But nope, they all start firing. This is probably because they can path to the enemies here.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate weapon! (spoilers for underground content)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:34 pm »

If dropped items could trigger pressure plates, you could have the dwarves shoot in such a way that if they missed they could send invaders falling to their doom through a cleverly placed floor hatch.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:08:15 pm »

They do not.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:11:26 pm »

If only...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:12:16 pm »

But you do get dragonfly corpses stuck in doorways...  Go figure...

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:57 pm »

If dropped items could trigger pressure plates, you could have the dwarves shoot in such a way that if they missed they could send invaders falling to their doom through a cleverly placed floor hatch.
Hmm, do floor hatches have the same weight limit as bridges? They are vulnerable to building destroyers though.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:51 pm »

They have no limit, and destroyers generally path towards creatures before destroying buildings.  Bait cats ftw.