Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130564 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1890 on: January 22, 2015, 06:15:56 pm »

That's pretty much what you want to do, since they need all the defense they can get and suck with weapons anyway.
* Tiruin looks at her pike-wielding mage...
Err. Backup weapon primarily used. ._.

How does one build a tower from their garrison? I hauled in 50 wood/clay/iron from...partly across the map for it xD (yay movement factor bonuses!). MF: 5 can cross most terrain with 1 turn cost (dense forest = :D), as far as I recall, there needs to be MF of 7(?) or 8 to cross mountains with 1 turn cost.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2015, 06:53:35 pm »

You do it from the little icons, the same as you built the garrison. Once you have the prerequisite levels you get a new icon to put a tower anywhere,even if you don't have a garrison there. Upgrading the building also has a separate interface to the garrison interface, so they're basically separate subsystems, although a garrison benefits from buildings in the same location.

Basically, give all the materials to one of your garrison guys even if it overburdens them, it saves lugging it around with you. When building, it counts materials held by any of your characters in the same tile, and seems to add up everyone's Construction skill bonus too (though there are diminishing returns after your first level 10 construction person).

With the mage, only switch to two shields if they're getting killed a lot, or being a pain in the ass costing a lot with healing. This is generally a good idea near the start of the game for mages and/or priests, or if you bring a new character into your main party who is much lower level than the other guys. Once they're surviving well then you can throw a weapon on them for a few extra hits. But, even at high levels I have a party of ~level 23, and a level 18 mage was along for the trip. I lost count of how often he died in level 4 dungeons. So mages are just death magnets all the time if you're aiming for high level dungeons or city raids. I eventually left him at home and added another priest.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:55:55 pm by Reelya »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 22, 2015, 06:55:45 pm »

You do it from the little icons, the same as you built the garrison. Once you have the prerequisite levels you get a new icon to put a tower anywhere,even if you don't have a garrison there. Upgrading the building also has a separate interface to the garrison interface, so they're basically separate subsystems, although a garrison benefits from buildings in the same location.

Basically, give all the materials to one of your garrison guys even if it overburdens them, it saves lugging it around with you. When building, it counts materials held by any of your characters in the same tile, and seems to add up everyone's Construction skill bonus too (though there are diminishing returns after your first level 10 construction person).

With the mage, only switch to two shields if they're getting killed a lot, or being a pain in the ass costing a lot with healing. This is generally a good idea near the start of the game for mages and/or priests, or if you bring a new character into your main party who is much lower level than the other guys. Once they're surviving well then you can throw a weapon on them for a few extra hits.
May I know what levels must be had to make a construct? :D
Seeing as my party is average of L9, I'm feeling newbie confidence! c:

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 22, 2015, 06:56:24 pm »

It's level 10 for buildings i think

Keep pushing for level 15 btw, and once you do ask for assistance and one of us can wipe out a city's guards for you to take it over more easily. Most cities seem to have been upgraded to level 10 barracks already, which is great for training newbies.

If anyone is thinking of dropping the game, consider sticking around long enough to become a mayor, we need more mayors and level 15 doesn't take long. Then you can go pretty much inactive and camp your main party in the city garrison to level up passively, and declare loyalty to bay12 once we have a country started. Focusing on just holding and improving a single city + local garrison wouldn't take much playtime per week.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:03:48 pm by Reelya »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 22, 2015, 07:07:41 pm »

Going to try to take Pastopus after day rollover as I accidently killed the mayor and was caught by elites on the stairs. Lvl15 party at last!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 22, 2015, 07:12:21 pm »

I think girlinhat wants Pastopus since there aren't many free cities near Ashford, it's probably a good idea to keep that area clear for that reason. Remember, our monarch needs 4 cities to start a kingdom, so we should keep some free options near Ashford.

If you head down to the south region, there are multiple NPC cities free, and you can make your own little region once your guys are level 20. e.g. Downstad, Giantsguard, Boulder Keep, Altarwood (which we can wrest from Stormtroopers now that he's over the mayor's cap).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:15:21 pm by Reelya »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 22, 2015, 07:14:31 pm »

Eh, I guess I'll move a bit farther afield. Be warned there are many elites in Pastopus (Prosp:41 or so and rising).
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 23, 2015, 05:13:28 am »

I've held off on taking a second city since I'm assuming someone else is going to establish a kingdom at some point. If I reach 4 mayor capacity before anyone else does a kingdom, I might just consider making my own to get this show on the road.

Also, Waggonslade now has a blacksmith. A terrible one, sure, but at least he'll do repairs.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:21:19 am by Sartain »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:39 am »

I've held off on taking a second city since I'm assuming someone else is going to establish a kingdom at some point. If I reach 4 mayor capacity before anyone else does a kingdom, I might just consider making my own to get this show on the road.

Also, Waggonslade now has a blacksmith. A terrible one, sure, but at least he'll do repairs.
I've found two Excellent blacksmiths near GirlinHat's first town :D

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: January 23, 2015, 07:46:00 am »

I now hold Deathable (92,91). A light entry fee (base 10+(15*partylvl-15)) and a ton of every resource besides wood. No blacksmith though.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 23, 2015, 07:27:36 pm »

That makes #13 then. Keep them coming.

For the map: added an automatic city count for each country so we can see where we are at easier. That puts us as 13, and Staberinde currently at 66 cities. If anyone can suggest any improvements for the map system let me know, I've run out of things to add for now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:47:01 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1901 on: January 24, 2015, 06:42:17 am »

Cardolan and Staberinde are really going at each other hard.

Edit: you only need to be level twelve to spawn new characters from the abyss.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:53:37 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:26 am »

Cardolan and Staberinde are really going at each other hard.

Edit: you only need to be level twelve to spawn new characters from the abyss.
...Y'know, after knowing the history (or at least the last 300 turns{?}), I've grown an appreciation for the orange brick.
And how GirlinHat states it as, the orange brick. xD

jellyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 24, 2015, 04:05:12 pm »

I've started a party.  Currently at (and near) Waspenesse (77,61).  Let me know if it would be a good idea to relocate to help improve B12 towns with my activities etc.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 24, 2015, 04:50:49 pm »

Work on leveling up, the most important thing is that you hit party level 15, then you can claim one of the towns.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 135