Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130558 times)

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1875 on: January 20, 2015, 06:54:13 pm »

Max turn cap has appeared to been lifted, I have 1575 ATM.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: January 20, 2015, 06:56:59 pm »

Yeah, it's 2000 now.

Also, the amount of free turns/day you can get from items has been capped at ~250/day, which means the turn cap can be increased without creating a bigger exploit. If that hadn't been brought in then raising the max turn cap to 2000 would have meant you could exploit things to get 2000 free turns every day.

I suggested both changes to Mutant, so I'm feeling pretty happy about that. He even said in a post that he'd like to raise it to at least 3000 eventually, so you can log in twice a week and not miss any turns. I guess he wants to see how a 2000 cap works out for now, but I think the cap could be a lot higher eventually.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:08:02 pm by Reelya »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: January 21, 2015, 06:15:17 am »

So I was exploring a L2 dungeon and on a (somewhat?) random note on entering a room in the 2nd level:
"You sense a powerful presence(?) here. Perhaps this is the lair(?) of the bandit lord(?) you've been hearing about?"
With the (?) denoting my uncertainty on the word (because it disappeared on another click).

Problem is: I have no quests going on, and I have no idea what bandit even...yeah :/

Yep, it's a "boss" enemy. Lock them down with Entangle (especially Warlocks and such as they cast summon spells), or confuse if you don't have Entangle, and focus fire them until they're dead. They usually drop some nice loot in form of gold and/or magical stuff.
Note to self:Stop keeping on trying to attack boss monster at party level 7. Determination doesn't work alone here.
x_x
Oh goodness I tried...and discovered how badly it can bite. And on that note: Time to level my mage hard, for them scrolls of entanglement :D Thanks for the helpful tip!

* Tiruin also offers Reelya some congratulatory tea, for thinking up great ideas for the game! It is minty in flavor.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: January 21, 2015, 07:30:17 am »

Yeah, level 7 is probably a bit low. I think I've managed to kill Dungeon level 2 bosses from around level 10 or so, but usually with a lot of damage on my end as well.

Edit: Finally, an indestructible Halberd! Time to start migrating Warriors to the back row.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:10:42 am by Sartain »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1879 on: January 21, 2015, 09:36:45 am »

So, regarding dungeons/enchanted items!

Do quests have any bearing on potential loot from chests? Are you more likely to get enchanted things from a dungeon if a quest is active? Or if you're hunting for enchants are you better just "camping" a dungeon? Do lower floors have better loot?

Annnd random question, is there a cap on improvements to weapons?

And finally, garrisons, assuming territory claiming isn't turned on, should I be sure there's a party there to defend it at all times, or are they safe just sitting out in the wilderness, empty?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:35 am »

Quests have no bearing. 
Treasure Rooms usually only have gold.
Random chests littered around the area usually do have items, kinda around 50% enchanted/potions.  I havn't been in a dungeon with more then 1 floor for a long while now, so can't say.

Garrisons are safe from monsters I reckon.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: January 21, 2015, 10:53:20 am »

Annnd random question, is there a cap on improvements to weapons?
I know that less skilled blacksmiths will cap out on improvements sometimes, taking your money and saying "yeah, can't do any better".
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 21, 2015, 02:09:44 pm »

If you've got over eight members, is there any quick way to move people from garrison to garrison?
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1883 on: January 21, 2015, 02:22:50 pm »

Not really. Stick a lot of movement factor items on one guy?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: January 21, 2015, 02:23:21 pm »

No you can only use your party to swap them around. Use the inns to clear spaces in your party and carefully pre-plan how many people have to go where, so you don't waste turns. Generally just try and avoid having to swap them around - look for cheap recruits to fill gaps rather than moving guys around.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »

Shit - so this garrison I've put in Staberinde's land is mostly useless if he decided to go for the kill? Balls.

OTOH it does mean that a single player only has so much offensive mobility, which is probably why he's having a tough time right now.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: January 22, 2015, 09:52:41 am »

I was unaware that you could go full dwarf and dual-wield shields. Of course, the real question is: can you shield bash with both in one round???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1887 on: January 22, 2015, 01:04:04 pm »

I would guess it's highly unlikely if even possible. I'd take the extra damage over the very limited extra defence, myself.

Building barracks for my garrisons has paid off. Despite not logging on for a few days, several characters have leveled up. Hopefully I can play actively a bit this weekend and get some more stuff done.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: January 22, 2015, 01:45:20 pm »

I was unaware that you could go full dwarf and dual-wield shields. Of course, the real question is: can you shield bash with both in one round???

Dual wielding shields might actually be pretty good for Mages.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: January 22, 2015, 06:11:59 pm »

That's pretty much what you want to do, since they need all the defense they can get and suck with weapons anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 135