Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130560 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1860 on: January 19, 2015, 08:48:51 pm »

Quick list of the closing shop, it looks like it's all junk though:

Leather armor - +4 strength
Leather armor - 4% ice resist
Two handed sword - 1% resist poison
Wooden shield - 1% resist ice, +3 movement factor
Medium steel shield - 1% resist poison, Featherweight 20%

So yeah, that's all the items that are about to vanish, so if you have a burning need for elemental resistances or low quality statups for some unknowable reason, get to guardiandell now!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 19, 2015, 08:53:39 pm »

first up, i'd say ignore the +resist% stuff, and +movement stuff - those are really common and are commonly sold to shops as the junk from dungeon delving. You get about +3% on each elemental resistance for going up 1 level, so ignore them unless they +% is really large. My level 24 characters have base resistances of 50-60%.

+4 strength is nice, but the problem is that it's leather armor, so it's useless. for +move stuff, look for items which are at least 1 step below the top level: e.g. a 4-defense shield with +3 move might be worth using instead of a 5-defense shield. But a 1 defense point shield isn't. A good rule of thumb is to count the total number of "points" each item gives you, including defense points, stat points, move points. I'd only count +resist as 0.2 of a point though, so a +15% to poison resist would get +3 points on this scale.

Look out for:

- indestructibles
- +poison, +ice and +fire damage
- +turns stuff for your garrison characters
- rings and amulets
- magical bows

You can also find some items that let you cast a specific spell everyday, e.g. you can find an item that can cast portal 3 times a day or something. Hold onto those.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:01:32 pm by Reelya »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: January 19, 2015, 09:01:02 pm »

That does sound kinda cool for attacking cities. what would you want for a swap?
If you have some indestructible, I'd swap it. I've not had found optimal indestructibles, but with a moderately good one, it would be enough.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 19, 2015, 09:01:57 pm »

What type of weapon do you want?

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 19, 2015, 09:08:16 pm »

Halberds, long swords, or also one of the best armor (anything not chain mail nor leather at elast)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 19, 2015, 09:14:08 pm »

If you got indestructible leather or whatever, I'll put em on my archers...
EDIT: I also have a surplus of indestructible shortswords if anyone wants some.  Otherwise, I'll keep hording em.  Also got upgraded splint mail that I am looking to let go of, since I am transitioning into plate mail.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:22:02 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:04 pm »

Zangi: I've got four indestructible leathers.

Tomcost: can't do indestructible halberds or plate armor, they're too rare. For armor, just get regular plate and upgrade it to ~40, look for ones that have durability 220+, and you can get them to 40 protection and 200 durability at a God-like blacksmith.

For spare indestructibles, I have a two-handed sword and a broadsword right now.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 19, 2015, 11:40:32 pm »

I've been hunting for at least one indestructible long sword for a long, long while :v
IMO They seem to have the highest base attack factor.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 19, 2015, 11:54:37 pm »

A low back rank penalty is also important later on. At high levels archers have way more defense than warriors, because agility keeps rising for them whereas you can only pile on a certain amount of armor. To avoid needing too much healing, stick whoever has best defense in the front row, and the rest in the back. This eventually shifts from warriors in the front, to warriors at the back.

an indestructible bastard sword might be even better, they have 9 damage, 3 attack, so the highest damage of any 1-hander. But attack only improves chance to hit, not damage inflicted. high level warriors don't miss very often, so boosting attack leads to diminishing returns (chance to hit can never exceed 100%). Damage isn't capped the same way however.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:10:20 am by Reelya »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: January 20, 2015, 08:40:31 am »

So I was exploring a L2 dungeon and on a (somewhat?) random note on entering a room in the 2nd level:
"You sense a powerful presence(?) here. Perhaps this is the lair(?) of the bandit lord(?) you've been hearing about?"
With the (?) denoting my uncertainty on the word (because it disappeared on another click).

Problem is: I have no quests going on, and I have no idea what bandit even...yeah :/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 20, 2015, 09:32:09 am »

So I was exploring a L2 dungeon and on a (somewhat?) random note on entering a room in the 2nd level:
"You sense a powerful presence(?) here. Perhaps this is the lair(?) of the bandit lord(?) you've been hearing about?"
With the (?) denoting my uncertainty on the word (because it disappeared on another click).

Problem is: I have no quests going on, and I have no idea what bandit even...yeah :/
I think that it means that the "boss" is there. I had a similar message with a warlock.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:24 am »

Its a boss, they are usually a bit stronger then the dungeon denizens.  Always drop some fine loot.

@Reelya, where do you want to sell those stuff?  I'll come pick up.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:59:55 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 20, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »

I set them for sale in Chapel Forest, since I'm near there and you're the mayor.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:07:52 pm by Reelya »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 20, 2015, 03:18:32 pm »

Yep, it's a "boss" enemy. Lock them down with Entangle (especially Warlocks and such as they cast summon spells), or confuse if you don't have Entangle, and focus fire them until they're dead. They usually drop some nice loot in form of gold and/or magical stuff.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: January 20, 2015, 06:05:10 pm »

It looks like Staberinde is having some troubles... :P
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 135