Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130569 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1845 on: January 19, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »

I'll have to think about that monarch thing, girlinhat.

I'd like to but I'm starting a degree-level course in feb, so don't know how much time I'd be able to dedicate to this, which is part of the reason I'm working to make the map thing self-sufficient, and was also a reason I badgered Mutant to put in the +turns item cap, and increase the general turn cap. i'll certainly have to become less active than I am now, two weeks from now.

Also, I added "kingdoms" to the map system. Now, every city is noted as being a part of a kingdom, and you can use a drop-down box to change the kingdom. I added us as a temporary kingdom called "Bay12 alliance" so you can go to the cities page and click the title to count how many Bay12 cities we have so far (9 right now).

I certainly don't want more than the 4 cities I have now, so I'm free to help other people take over cities by softening up the guards, just drop me a PM to coordinate things. Can we get an idea who's ready to take a city or two right now?

Also, I fixed things a little in how the map works for Chrome, it should be better now, although I've tried everything with pure CSS to make it look as good as FireFox, but the map background just looks sucky in Chrome no matter what I do. So i'll just say it currently looks best in FireFox, is passable in Chrome, not tested on other browsers.

@Zangi: I didn't fiddle with taxes. I just accepted the defaults. But i just knocked down the per-level part to be safe.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:07:31 pm by Reelya »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:59 pm »

Taxes at 25-30 percent seem most acceptable.

TTHSK

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurked for a very long time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: January 19, 2015, 05:33:46 pm »

Also, I added "kingdoms" to the map system. Now, every city is noted as being a part of a kingdom, and you can use a drop-down box to change the kingdom. I added us as a temporary kingdom called "Bay12 alliance" so you can go to the cities page and click the title to count how many Bay12 cities we have so far (9 right now).

I suppose I need map access now to add mine >_>. May I please have access, Reelya?

I have control of the following if someone wants to add them for me:
Silven Fort (86, 35)
Diverwich (93, 15)
Eastbridge (89, 26)
Bearfort (98, 31)
Watchsaber (92, 33)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: January 19, 2015, 05:43:56 pm »

As someone already mentioned it's rather strange and annoying that establishing a kingdom is a one-man undertaking. The game should really have a lower "tier" of organisation like say, a League or Guild, that you could form and join. None of the kingdom benefits but allowing for parties to band together without having to form a kingdom (maybe Leagues could choose kingdom affiliation, like towns can) and if the League filled out all the proper requirements the leader could upgrade it to a Kingdom. A League/Guild could even have some features of it's own, like membership fees and elections for leadership.

Ah well, one can dream but with the supposedly miniscule amount of development Mutant does it's probably not going to happen. Still, who in this thread was it who mentioned wanting to make their own game of this type?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: January 19, 2015, 06:45:11 pm »

I suppose I need map access now to add mine >_>. May I please have access, Reelya?

I have control of the following if someone wants to add them for me:
Silven Fort (86, 35)
Diverwich (93, 15)
Eastbridge (89, 26)
Bearfort (98, 31)
Watchsaber (92, 33)

Ok, I added those. With the ones I already knew about, that gets Bay12 to ... 12 cities. Which seems about right.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: January 19, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »

We have nice power, then. We are still quite far from the Red devils, but we have to begin somewhere.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 19, 2015, 07:20:48 pm »

I have found it... over a thousand turns in search of the god-like blacksmith.  Now I must journey back home to tell my brethren... so that we may bring forth much plate mail to be strengthened.  It will be a long trek, under the burden of the armor.

Unholycastle (2, 56)
EDIT: 56 days old
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:22:52 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:49 pm »

I just fixed a minor issue with the map. When you change the blacksmith details via the popup in the map, it wasn't setting lastcheck to 0 for that location (it does that in the city table though). If you check a city's blacksmith it would be helpful if you set "Last Check" to 0 so we know the details are current.

There might be some code in the game that stops the highest blacksmiths from retiring. Otherwise it would be more often that there is no God-like blacksmith anywhere. Unholycastle was Amazing when I was over that way 2 weeks ago, but I thought it would be gone by now. Luckily, there are 3 more excellent cities I know about, and two of them are close to Bay12 territory. Let's hope one of those is the next God-like.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:07:12 pm by Reelya »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1853 on: January 19, 2015, 08:22:03 pm »

There is an absolute treasure trove of enchanted items in Guardiandell, 2,30. Mostly in the leftmost shop.

Among the items I saw a +2 damage to guards handaxe? So that might be good. I'll be in the area for a bit, so I can check enchant types for people.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 19, 2015, 08:29:37 pm »

I'm amassing a huge stash of enchanted weapons myself, I'm going to make a list and see who wants some later.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1855 on: January 19, 2015, 08:34:24 pm »

Hooray enchant hording! I've been focusing on indestructible things myself.

I was considering making a list myself, I can do it on my own to maybe preserve some turns for ya if you want?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 19, 2015, 08:36:05 pm »

I just got a "longsword +2 vs humanoids" in a shop while I'm selling off my dungeon loot. That's better than +2 vs guards, since it applies to all humanoids.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1857 on: January 19, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »

There maaay have been some + humanoid stuff there too, there was seriously like 15 items in one shop and another 5 in the other two. I'm unsure though, I'll head up and check when I'm done poking around the sewers. On top of it one of the shops is closing, so yeah, I might make a quick list of those items just for the sake of people knowing what's about to evaporate.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: January 19, 2015, 08:42:11 pm »

I have a heavy crossbow of +4 against guards, if someone wants it. It is not indestructible, though.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: January 19, 2015, 08:43:44 pm »

That does sound kinda cool for attacking cities. what would you want for a swap?
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 135