Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130535 times)

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:12 am »

I tried my luck in the wild. I now have 13 gold, one living party member, and no chance to ever come back. Yay.

Edit: My ranger took my despair as a challenge and started kicking proper amount of ass. Back on my feet.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:53:40 am by squeakyReaper »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2011, 11:07:48 am »

I tried my luck in the wild. I now have 13 gold, one living party member, and no chance to ever come back. Yay.

Edit: My ranger took my despair as a challenge and started kicking proper amount of ass. Back on my feet.
I... Don't... Understand how you could have failed that badly...
I have 3/5 at level 3 from Wilderness Monsters alone. Have you been checking down the bottom beside where it says attack monsters what your chances are???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17:37 am »

When fighting wisps and it says "It's pretty even", it isn't. They all just ganged up on my casters first.

Oh well, it happens. I have a level 4 ranger and a level 2 fighter, I'll save up money to resurrect my mages later (preferably when it's time to gain more spells).

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

Wisps can deal some hurt when they want to, otherwise they tend not to be too tough.  Mages are very squishy to start with, mine had 4hp so they might as well have just ended it all and stopped the enemy having to exert themselves.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:52 am »

Well luck my friend...

EVERYONE!!!
When you visit a Town go to the Streets and leave your Mark.
I have been writing.

"The Marauding Party of Dwarves was here! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!"

In each town I visit. So far its been only two, but soon... Help me by adding your own name to this Decree! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 11:42:31 am »

I'm in Pastopus (84,70) with my party "Bring on the Wall". I presume Plump Helmet is one of you lot?

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 11:44:09 am »

Eesh. My ranger ran out of ammo. It costs more to keep him stocked, but he sucks with the short sword that I found.

Edit: And my fighter died after being mobbed by rats. I think I have to call it quits.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 11:56:26 am »

I just somehow managed to find the exit of some quest dungeon after half my group was brutally slaughtered.

The resurrection costs were generously sponsored by the dungeon's very own treasure chamber and I still made a nice profit, so I can't really complain, though.

Seriously, I did not expect to survive that dungeon.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 02:48:48 pm »

I've started playing this, my party ("Shen an Calhar") is lvl 2, i have 2 warriors, a priest, a mage and an archer. The first thing i noticed is that playing in a better town is way easier, the healer costs seem to be lower and there is more/better stuff to buy in the shops.

Other than that i've been wondering : is the back row the bottom one or the top one ? I've been playing with my mage and archer at the bottom but i feel like they are attacked more often than the rest. Too bad there is no wiki for this, there is a lot of missing information, like what potions do, how often shops restock, how often chests refill, monsters stats, etc...

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2011, 02:52:54 pm »

I presume Plump Helmet is one of you lot?

Yup

My party of dwarves, 6 dwarvenly dwarves, is doing fine so far: 3 warriors, 2 archers and a priest (dropped the mage after his 10th death or so). They are all around level 3 or 4. I've been moving south-west from Pastopus (84,70) for a while and planning to head mostly west from here.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2011, 04:22:25 pm »

I've started up a party too, named 'Odysseus'.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:59 pm »

So, where should I start heading now? Everyone keeps giving coordinates in different spots.

44,93! 44,93!! I'll be setting up here.

I just made the Interracial Centipede.
Lemme see if this is fun

You sir, have been subconciously abused. I DID warn you.

Only 2 levels for any sewer I have found, but after scouring them I was able to fight some enemies in the wilds, ones it told me I could slaughter easy though.

You tend to be able to handle the wilds with at least 3 Fighter/archer 's at level 2. Battleaxe + Dwarf + 20 Strength = 10 DAMAGE. WOO.

Well luck my friend...

EVERYONE!!!
When you visit a Town go to the Streets and leave your Mark.
I have been writing.

"The Marauding Party of Dwarves was here! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!"

In each town I visit. So far its been only two, but soon... Help me by adding your own name to this Decree! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! BLOOD FOR ARMOK!!!

I've been leaving "Bay12 has arrived. - Azkanan"
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:15 pm »

I just found this in a place called Firenymph. WHAT WERE THE CHANCES? Stick in the area, so you can join mah town when i has it up.

I shall call it Toady Town.

Or Boatmurdered.

Or something. Ideas?

==============

I just had a fight with 3 Ogres and 3 Minotaurs in one battle, and won! :D

Code: [Select]
    Ogre #1 attacked SacreDoom with its Broadsword and missed.
    Azkanan attacked Ogre #1 with his Long Bow and hit for 6 points of damage. Ogre #1 was killed!
    Azkanan gained 100 xp.
    SacreDoom gained 97 xp.
    SacreDoom went up a level! (Now level 6)
    SacreDoom gained 10 hit points.
    SacreDoom gained 3 stat points.
    Projeear gained 85 xp.
    You find 96 gold
    You've killed the creatures
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:14:00 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2011, 05:17:21 pm »

I've got confirmation that the ability potions are permanent, although it might not continue to be so in the future.
Also, sewer in Flourlake, in the far north of the world, has 3 levels and as many chests.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »

Bad news everyone;

(23:32:10) (Axel_K): The villages are fixtures - you capture them. Capture 8 to be able to make a kingdom.

No village building for us!

==============================

(23:37:06) (Azkanan): Mutant, do you intend to add Village Building? Or expanding the gameworld?
(23:37:31) Mutant: yes to both... although might not be for a while... got a few other things in the works though :)

http://forum.kingdoms-game.com/chat/
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:39:00 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 135