Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130536 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #1935 on: January 29, 2015, 09:11:24 pm »

*bump* the server came back online just now. Was only down for 9 hours. Of course, they day didn't roll over and it doesn't look like turns have accumulated in the mean time.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: January 31, 2015, 11:44:02 am »

I'm close to getting a Level 15 Character, although I doubt his build is optimal. Maxing Berzerkers Rage and Shield Bash is letting him dominate enemies though.

How tough is an Orc Shaman, by the way? What sort of party would I need to kill one? I ran away when I encountered it. It came with six Bugbears (complete write - offs.)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: January 31, 2015, 03:02:51 pm »

Update on the server - it looks like turns aren't refilling at all. No new turns accumulated for me recently, and no spells refilled for the last two dawns. Also, no battle have happened with any of my garrisons overnight, which is unusual. Looks like the scripts for updates are broken, so you won't get new spells, turns, or monsters moving/battling/refilling most likely.

Looking at the number of monster groups in the world, currently 4731, should give an idea of the state of the scripts. You can still use up any accumulated turns you have when you log in, so people might still be able to kill a few monster groups thus reducing that number. The number of monsters will continue to drop for a while then as people log in and take actions. I'll keep an eye on the monster groups in around 12 hours from now, to see if it keeps dropping or ever bounces back.

Edit: monsters on the map are accumulating, it went up to 4999 monster groups on the map, but turns only went up 1 hours worth for me since I first posted this 7 hours ago. Might wait a few of days and check then. If turns aren't accumulating fast but monsters are regenerating then the overall monster density should go up a lot, meaning playtime will be more effective once turns fill up.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 10:10:30 pm by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 01, 2015, 02:44:36 am »

Bump: you can get your 100 free turns/day from voting on lists, but those are the only turns that are spawning right now, hourly and daily are 100% bugged out. Gonna save my turns up, just logging in to vote and that's all.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:36 am »

Voting didn't work for me.
Unfortunately, I think this game is dead.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 01, 2015, 03:41:00 am »

Did you page refresh after voting? The counter won't change until you do some game action or refresh the page.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 01, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »

Server is down again. Looks like the host is having some trouble? It was down for a second and went back up for me.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 01, 2015, 05:07:45 pm »

It does that for me, too.  Every once in a while it goes down, but then comes back up.

Strangely, I got about 50 turns in the 24 hours since I last checked.  As if, occasionally, the game adds turns like it's supposed to.  There hasn't been garrison gold and xp, or any spells refreshed, in about 5 days.

I hope something didn't happen to the game mod.  Most likely, he has simply grown tired of the hassle and is not paying attention.  That's a shame, because this game was a fun time killer when I'm at work and it's slow.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 01, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

Just logged in and turns see to be accumulating now. Also, my garrisons had battles against monsters, which hadn't occurred for several days. The dev Mutant does seem to care about the game, but he's got a day job and/or other commitments.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 02, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »

Orc Shaman deaded, rather easy. Even if he did disguise his 8 Ogre entourage as Bugbears. Very smart!

Game seems to be back to normal. How goes the Kingdom formation?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 02, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »

idk, girlinhat hasn't been around, maybe we can wait see what she wants to do about it. I have a feeling that waiting on a kingdom is actually lagging interest. We need someone who has both the # cities needed and time to dedicate to running a kingdom. I have 4 cities but i'm also starting college next week so I want to dedicate time to studies. If it wasn't too time consuming I'd give it a shot. TTHSK also has 4+ cities so he's a possible monarch too.

~~~

A nice little trick I worked out for boosting your towns prosperity: sell all your ammo in other towns, and buy up all the ammo in your hometown. Since ammo buys and sells for the same price, you won't lose money, but you will get the prosperity boost plus the sales tax helps.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 10:05:41 pm by Reelya »

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 03, 2015, 09:55:17 am »

I vote for a kingdom sooner rather than later, no matter who leads it.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 03, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »

I vote for a kingdom sooner rather than later, no matter who leads it.

+1; I can't wait to get some Realpolitik going! :)

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 03, 2015, 06:12:10 pm »

I'm glad to see that the game is back to normal.

This is maybe a stupid question, but:  would being king really take up that much more time than playing normally?  Would it be that big a deal if the king is somewhat inactive?

Also, Druiddite now has a god-like blacksmith.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 04, 2015, 04:50:04 pm »

As I remember it kingship doesn't really take much additional time. A bit more weekly maintenance maybe, to assess which kingdom quests to put up and where to suggest people make trouble for enemies but it's not like there's a lot more you can do. This, of course, is based on experience before the last, large building update so kingship may have more features now.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 135