Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 135

Author Topic: kingdoms: web-based RPG  (Read 130524 times)

jashman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: kingdoms: web-based RPG
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 03:23:37 pm »

Hey, thanks for stopping by, Mutant!  Definitely enjoying the game so far.  My only, pretty minor, question that I can't seem to find an answer for as of yet: what is the overall cap on number of turns you can have built up?  The 400 you begin with?  I haven't stayed away long enough to build back up that high. :D

Mutant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

Currently, the max is 750. I've been tweaking that a bit lately, so it might change (it'll go up if anything...).

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 03:50:07 pm »

Hi,

I'm the developer of Kingdoms. Just wanted to say thanks for checking it out. I'm happy to answer questions here or in the game's forums.

A skills system is planned, but will probably be a couple of months before I get to it (I do releases about once a month - this is a hobby project for me!).

As for the sewers - that's a new feature so probably needs a bit of tweaking. I'll try to make it so that rats spawn more often there.

It seems like a very good piece of work, even with incomplete content and all. I'm definitely looking forward to investing more time in this game and I especially hope you'll expand on the politics and town/kingdom management parts of the game in the future. That sounds like it could be lots of fun already. Although it might not suit this particular style of game, ageing and dynastic options might a feature to consider, in the future.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 04:12:13 pm »

Say, Mutant, how'd you find your way back here?

In other news, I've just noticed the option "Claim Land" whilst in the wilderness. I'm going to go set up west of the water. It looks like a good choke point, so should expect plenty of travellers passing through, going north-south. Come meet me there!
I'm also out of turns...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 04:21:40 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

From what other developers have said, the site's stat counter suddenly shoots up, and they can see where the links are coming from. When you suddenly get 300-400 new hits from bay 12 forums, it's good to check. ;)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »

From what other developers have said, the site's stat counter suddenly shoots up, and they can see where the links are coming from. When you suddenly get 300-400 new hits from bay 12 forums, it's good to check. ;)

True, I should know that tbh, I do that when I get hits on my site.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 04:58:09 pm »

Hrm... I can't give the stuff in my inventory away because right click just opens the browser context menu. >.>

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

Hrm... I can't give the stuff in my inventory away because right click just opens the browser context menu. >.>

Try firefox, works fine for me on that.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:06 pm »

The Helmed Raptors wouldn't mind to align themselves with any sort of kingdom organized by fellow Dwarf Fortress players.

Once they consider their skills to be sufficient for such a task, that is.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Raddish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »

The Marauding Vegetables are about somewhere, I think near Gorecity or something.  Fun little game.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 06:57:57 pm »

Hrngh. Blue is a kingdom, hurr.

The far south seems the emptiest, so, I guess I'll go there.. Hrngh. What a waste of turns going west.
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »

I'm in as "Order of the Beds" My mage already died off, oh well.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2011, 03:54:17 am »

I'm going to be claiming land down far-south-center (current location: (46, 86)). I seem to be having an error with claiming land at the moment, however, so I'll try and level my main to level 6 first.

Now, do I name this new kingdom/village/land (eventually) after Bay12, Boatmurdered, or am I going to be alone and free to do as I will?

Edit;
1. There's a town called Evershield at 46, 86.
2. You gain exactly 25 turns per hour. Sad.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 03:57:09 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2011, 05:22:41 am »

I'm going to be claiming land down far-south-center (current location: (46, 86)). I seem to be having an error with claiming land at the moment, however, so I'll try and level my main to level 6 first.

Now, do I name this new kingdom/village/land (eventually) after Bay12, Boatmurdered, or am I going to be alone and free to do as I will?

Edit;
1. There's a town called Evershield at 46, 86.
2. You gain exactly 25 turns per hour. Sad.

I just moved south to Slate Port at (60,9), which means I'm still half a world away from where you are. Killed a band of 8 hobgoblins on the road with no problem even though I was estimated to have even chances, so I guess my party setup is above par. Just hired a second archer in Flourlake before I left so my party is 6 man strong now. I'm hoping the additional firepower will pay off. I'm thinking of hiring a third warrior before long as my frontline consists of 2 warriors and a squishy cleric so far and the clerics main task is obviously to stock heal spells and not much else :)

Have you renounced your kingdom loyalties? Otherwise I'd assume you're just claiming land in the name of your king, which isn't going to do us any good.
Also, 25 turns/hour seems pretty decent, have you noticed that you can get additional turns by voting for the game? Look at the links in the top-right corner.

Edit: Can anyone tell me if potions like Potion Of Strength and such are permanent? So far as I can tell all evidence points towards it being so...

Edit 2: Apparently healer pricing depends on town prosperity
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:54:15 am by Sartain »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 135