Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My newest graveyard design:  (Read 8126 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: My newest graveyard design:
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 05:45:53 pm »

Dwarves won't be taking this walk often (I hope) so it's unnecessary to make it pathing efficient.
That's well and good, but if they ever need to path and it's nearby, they'll path through it.  Restricted Traffic will help, either way.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 06:42:48 pm »

The grave tunnels are all dead ends on their own z-level.  There's only one stair on or off the level, the big central staircase that runs through the heart of my fort above the caverns.  If a dwarf doesn't have business in the catacombs, they shouldn't leave the stairs on the catacomb level.  Of course, I suppose the "open caverns" problem still applies, but so far I've had very few FPS issues from the graves.  Then again, maybe I just don't notice

I'll still probably set the whole floor except the stairwell as restricted traffic in the future..
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:52 pm »

The 1xX hallway isn't a bad idea, once you completely fill it you can put a statue in the entrance to block the entire area off anyway. That'll most definitely solve the pathing issue, and can be used as emergency distractions should a building destroyer come up from the caverns and catch you unawares.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 11:08:40 pm »

I just make mass graves covering an entire z level of fishbone compact tombs..

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 11:28:57 pm »

I pave my roads and hallways with coffins.  Looks good and is practical, also an ominous reminder of the fate that awaits those dwarves that earn my displeasure! >:3
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:30:59 pm by Berserkenstein »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]