Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Avatars thread.  (Read 7223 times)

Bill the dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Avatars thread.
« on: October 11, 2011, 05:15:25 pm »

After the stuff in the rage thread about avatars, I was kinda curious why everyone picked what they did as an avatar.

So, I'll start: I don't have an avatar because I can't decide what I want to shrink to fit there.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: The Avatars thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »

I'm using Gavrill since she's my favorite Franken Fran character and I haven't got around to getting a good picture of Revy yet.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »

Nerd flipping the fuck out. Pretty much describes me perfectly.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »

My avatar is just the umpteenth iteration of Loface, something from the DYA thread that stopped being funny a long time ago. Loface is just sort of iconic of me.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:01 pm »

Dr. Robotnik is a pretty awesome villain.  I hooked up my tablet one day, fired up Painter X and that's what happened.  Felt like a reasonably good avatar.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:31 pm »

I'm using Fate because she's my favorite Nanoha series character.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »

I changed to a combination of this one and the Double Down man for Halloween, but I couldn't recognize my own posts so I changed it back.

Dr. Robotnik is a pretty awesome villain.  I hooked up my tablet one day, fired up Painter X and that's what happened.  Felt like a reasonably good avatar.

Y'know, when I first joined this forum, it was a tossup for me between Robotnik and Ben over there.  I think I made the right decision, but it was a tough one.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 05:21:36 pm »

I changed to a combination of this one and the Double Down man for Halloween, but I couldn't recognize my own posts so I changed it back.

Y'know, when I first joined this forum, it was a tossup for me between Robotnik and Ben over there.  I think I made the right decision, but it was a tough one.

I've always meant to ask. What game is this Ben guy from?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:23:24 pm »

Because that is probably the best part of Season 2 Episode 1 of MLP:FiM. Considering switching back to my Captain avatar.

Decisions, decisions...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:24:49 pm »

Saw it in The Binding of Isaac. Had to have it. I love the old Sumerian/Assyrian/Persian Devil look, there's just something so classic and indisputably evil about it. Ever since seeing the Exorcist as a kid, I've been fascinated by ancient portrayals of the Devil. Screw Super Devil and his Harley!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »

I've always meant to ask. What game is this Ben guy from?

One of the last LucasArts adventure games, with the best soundtrack of them all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 05:29:10 pm »

I'm interested in Vocaloid, and I happen to like gumi, which is the person's head in my avatar. The fact that it's soft and not hard in its contrast is attractive to me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:31 pm »

Well, I felt this was the only way to express my distaste for a post I wrote, but couldn't bear to delete after the effort I exerted. Been to lazy to change it back since, and it's actually been pretty appropriate lately since it's my reaction nearly every time I read a politics post (usually not because of people posting here, but because of the content being discussed).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 05:33:02 pm »

While I'm between avatars at the moment, my last one below was chosen because longwinded explanation I took the name from a character in Stig Dagerman's book The Snake, who is in turned called that because he was always typing away on his "Scriver brand typewriter", and in that picture is one badass steampunkish typewriter (not of that brand, by the way) of spherical design.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 05:33:56 pm »

I like Orcs cause green is best.
Im considering this however

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7