Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Most anticlimactic battle.  (Read 3187 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Most anticlimactic battle.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »

Anything that doesn't have a [MAXAGE:x:y] tag does, and most creatures have an age limit set. Elves and Goblins are notable exceptions.

My worst was still getting eaten by that gopher. I mean come on, biting my groin for instant KO and spending 5 hours slowly eating me while I lay unconscious? Took like 10 minutes of just sitting there waiting for her to finally die.

No matter who you are, that will hurt.  :)

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 11:11:44 pm »

Jump into a lair, armed to the teeth and armoured in steel, ready to dole justice.
I get -5- announcements from enemies and proceed to get knocked unconcious and torn to shreds by the cluster of night beasts. fml.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 11:38:15 pm »

That sucks, man. I hate it when the villagers tell you "there's a night creature wife/husband in there, go kill it" and you run along over and then "why hello there, night creature wife, i see you've got your husband/wife (respectively) and little Night Creatue Junior too! SHIIIII-"
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 05:55:10 am »

You charge at the Giant Bat!
You rush past the Giant Bat!
The Giant Bat counterstrikes!
The Giant Bat misses you!
The Giant Bat has died of old age.
It is strange that this fight even started.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 06:35:12 am »

I decided to install the my little fortress mod, picked a peasant earth pony, find a night creature home, there are three of them...
I panic but attack any way:
You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc. You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc. You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc.
:D

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »

I decided to install the my little fortress mod, picked a peasant earth pony, find a night creature home, there are three of them...
I panic but attack any way:
You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc. You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc. You swing the steel battle axe at the lower body and the severed part sails off in an arc.
:D
Wow that was lucky lol.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2011, 04:05:40 pm »

OH I have another one, back when I was more of a noob, my fortress got jumped by a fb made of Ice, my entire military was killed, well armoured and trained, but as the [zombie] dust cleared I noticed a single injured war dog engage the fb, biting it in half in one..... ???

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 11:05:37 pm »

OH I have another one, back when I was more of a noob, my fortress got jumped by a fb made of Ice, my entire military was killed, well armoured and trained, but as the [zombie] dust cleared I noticed a single injured war dog engage the fb, biting it in half in one..... ???

A successful hit on an 'ice' or 'steam' FB does massive damage, the problem is not getting dusted/burnt/bloodily mangled.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2011, 01:51:50 am »

A successful hit on an 'ice' or 'steam' FB does massive damage, the problem is not getting dusted/burnt/bloodily mangled.
That's the thing, the military got it [forgotten beast] entirely red, every single limb was busted, but the bugger decided he'd keep on truckin.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2011, 02:45:54 am »

I found a Titan. A gigantic blob of water. Try to guess what happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2011, 08:59:01 pm »

I found a Titan. A gigantic blob of water. Try to guess what happened.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, you are mostly made out of water so...  :)
Pages: 1 [2]