Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Lastrags - A Succession Game  (Read 10780 times)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lastrags - A Succession Game
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 02:36:15 pm »

22 Granite 501

We've only just begun to dig into stone, but the dining hall area is almost done. We have temporary workshops up everywhere, until we can make workshops in proper places in the fort. Right now we are working on moving all our supplies into the fort. The food stockpile is dug into the sand above the dining hall area. Everything is moving smoothly.

I'm still avoiding conversation with dwarf lover. I'm normally good at relationships but I just don't want to talk to someone like him.

3 Slate 501

I put up a workshop and began making some tables and chairs for us to eat on. After this i'll work on some furniture so we can have rooms to sleep in. All the food is in the fortress and we dismantled the wagon. We also finally found that damn axe.

11 Slate 501

As I work in my temporary mason's shop next to our craftsdwarf, he tells me to call him "Eastep". Despite the fact he's churning out rock crafts(I'm not sure why these get traded with being encrusted or something, who really wants a stone "trumpet"?) he asks me to call him a "jeweler" for the millionth time. I then politely remind him we haven't seen a single damn gem, for the millionth time.

25 Slate 501

Today Eastep didn't react when I called him a stonecrafter. I went to our records. and immediately changed his job to reflect what he actually does. Speaking of records, we need someone to keep track of our stocks. I'll make the peasant do it until we get a militia started.

5 Felsite 501

I think I saw an elephant outside.
We're all doomed.

EDIT: Hey eastep I started typing this before I saw you post, so sorry if anything involving you, you don't like.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 02:45:04 pm »

Do the dwarves have any dieties?
Once Shark gets his file up, I'll look into Legends mode and make a list.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 03:51:52 pm »

17 Felsite 501

I was so busy digging the carpenter decided to make some of our furniture for our rooms out of wood. I've always perferred stone, but the less work I can the do, the better. Mining and Masonry are very demanding jobs. Also, the chef made a bunch of meals for us out of our supplies, except for the plump helmets. We now have 60 odd meals in the pile. I need to make a chair and table for an office so someone can keep track of this mess.

1 Hematite 501

1st day of summer. Perhaps we'll get some migrants. We're producing plently of food, we'll be fine.

27 Hematite 501

We struck our first gems today while digging downward, to explore the stone layers. Eastep was estatic.

2 Malachite 501

We struck granite today! We can probably find a great number of different ores in this stone. Sadly, we still haven't found anything besides galena.

4 Malachite 501

Migrants arrived today! All of them seem to have skills relating to keeping bees. One's a novice miner, and i'm tempted to give up my mining for now so i'll have more time for masonry and leadership. Another will probably become a smith. We really need to find metal that can be used for something that isn't hammers.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Eastep

• Bay Watcher
  • Puppysicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:19 pm »

GEMS!

Also, do whatever man, I'm here to improv it all.
I can't believe it's summer already! I may just write up another journal entry in an hour or so... It might be winter by then.
Winter is coming
Forgotten Beasts just want to be loved!

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »

GEMS!

Also, do whatever man, I'm here to improv it all.
I can't believe it's summer already! I may just write up another journal entry in an hour or so... It might be winter by then.
Winter is coming
From the Game of Thrones novels I see. I'm reading them aswell.
Damn good books. Show doesn't do it justice.
It's nice to see everything is going smoothly for now

Also I've taken year five.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 08:22:51 pm »

If you guys are cool with it i'm going to change profession names to match what they actually do. For example, the new miner is still "brewer" and it bothers me.

Also i'm on Galena 1 (late summer)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 08:34:34 pm »

6 Galena 501

Food production is very successful right now, and we have 15 rooms full set up at the moment. We've been digging deep in search of caverns and magma, but we've found nothing in 40 layers of stone besides increasing amounts of gems. Still no ore, i'm beginning to suspect this area won't have the gold I was hoping for.

Also, today is my birthday. I celebrated by not making any furniture today.

7 Galena 501

Some idiot forgot that apparently pigs have to eat. One just starved to death, and no one noticed. We still have a breeding pair, and they rushed them up to a pasture when I yelled at them. Morons.

In other news I finally have the time to make more furniture to improve our dining hall. Once there's enough chairs and tables, i'll start on statues.

Eastep is grinning like a moron while cutting away at cheap gems. Real dwarfs like metal, but, whatever.

10 Galena 501

I think i'm going to scream.

About 40 layers down, the miners branch out, looking for deep metals. The novice finds something almost immediately and runs happily up to report that he found ore, but he doesn't know what it is. After I practically fall down the stairs to see what new metal we've found, hoping for iron or gold, i'm greeted with a vein of galena.

I'm starting to hate this metal and hate this month.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:41:48 pm by Shark »

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 08:49:44 pm »

6 Galena 501

Food production is very successful right now, and we have 15 rooms full set up at the moment. We've been digging deep in search of caverns and magma, but we've found nothing in 40 layers of stone besides increasing amounts of gems. Still no ore, i'm beginning to suspect this area won't have the gold I was hoping for.

Also, today is my birthday. I celebrated by not making any furniture today.

7 Galena 501

Some idiot forgot that apparently pigs have to eat. One just starved to death, and no one noticed. We still have a breeding pair, and they rushed them up to a pasture when I yelled at them. Morons.

In other news I finally have the time to make more furniture to improve our dining hall. Once there's enough chairs and tables, i'll start on statues.

Eastep is grinning like a moron while cutting away at cheap gems. Real dwarfs like metal, but, whatever.

10 Galena 501

I think i'm going to scream.

About 40 layers down, the miners branch out, looking for deep metals. The novice finds something almost immediately and runs happily up to report that he found ore, but he doesn't know what it is. After I practically fall down the stairs to see what new metal we've found, hoping for iron or gold, i'm greeted with a vein of galena.

I'm starting to hate this metal and hate this month.
Lol. Keep trying. There's some valuable ore you just need to search hard for it mate.

dwarf -lover-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2011, 12:12:57 am »

Very nice work on the journals by the way, very fun to read.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

11 Galena 501

It took 50 layers of stone until a miner finally breached some sort of underground cavern. I rush down there to build a wall, in case of dangerous wildlife we can't handle yet. I peek my head in through the hole we made in the ceiling and take a look around. The stone contains nothing but more endless gems and galena. Fuming, I construct a wall blocking the entrance and tell the miners to dig around it and keep going.

14 Galena 501

Eastep will never leave that workshop with all these gem's we're hauling up from the tunnels. Apparently he's been "satisfied at work lately". Because i'm usually working close to him, I strike up a conversation about metal. Apparently he likes iron and raw adamantine. He's gain respect in my eyes.

20 Galena 501

The cave wheat was harvested, and the cook just made some beer. Beer is the best booze.

This is the best day ever why was this not on my birthday.

1 Limestone 501

Fall, or in this area, the dry season, has begun. The fortress is progressing smoothly. We're finally melting down some galena, and Eastep has made tons of trade goods in preparation for the traders. We're beginning to dig out open space near the farms to try and get some natural plants to grow, maybe a few trees so we won't have to leave the fort to make a barrel. Once the traders arrive, I think i'll sketch a couple pictures of how the fort looks for the mountainhomes so see.

6 Limestone 501

A cat just gave birth to a male kitten. We didn't kill that one male cat fast enough. Either way this is unacceptable, I ordered it to be immediately butchered.

9 Limestone 501

A cat just gave birth to kittens. This is bad news. A dog just gave birth to puppies. This is good news.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 02:41:50 pm by Shark »

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

27 Limestone 501

The miners struck marble today, which is pretty good news. If we ever find iron, we can make steel, but if we don't, it's still useful for furniture.  I have to admit that the most exciting thing the miners have found so far isn't even a metal.

Also, Eastep is a moron. I told him not to stud the bins with lead, after seeing what he did, so I come back later to see he covered some spare beds in lead. We're supposed to be raising the value of our trade goods! Oh well, we'll give them to important dwarfs. As leader I will tell the miners to dig me a new room, and I will have a nice bed.

We could really use some engravers in here.

23 Sandstone 501

Someone reported they saw some migrants coming. Well, we could use more dwarfs, we have the space, rooms, and food. Time to expand our industries more.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:32:09 pm by Shark »

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 03:37:37 pm »

24 Limestone 501

A large majority of these dwarfs are craftdwarfs, to help boost our production. We now have a highly skilled jeweler, stonecrafter, and metalcraft. Eastep is sulking. Also, some of them have a few military skills, so we can get a militia starts, once we have some weaponry.

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:47 pm »

24 Limestone 501

A large majority of these dwarfs are craftdwarfs, to help boost our production. We now have a highly skilled jeweler, stonecrafter, and metalcraft. Eastep is sulking. Also, some of them have a few military skills, so we can get a militia starts, once we have some weaponry.
Some stone weaponry. Lol...

-beats a goblin to death with a stone sword- DIE CUR!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 03:57:19 pm »

Zomara, male Engraver, at your service, if it pleases you. also, I would like a swing at a succession, though I don't care which year. This will be my first, and just hope that we have a trained military when its my turn or all we will have are archers (they seem to be the only ones who survive in my forts).
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »

Zomara, male Engraver, at your service, if it pleases you. also, I would like a swing at a succession, though I don't care which year. This will be my first, and just hope that we have a trained military when its my turn or all we will have are archers (they seem to be the only ones who survive in my forts).
Done. Expect sieges by your turn.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11