Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31019 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!
« Reply #375 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:24 pm »

So, when will the new season get underway?

Soon as someone decides to start it up.

Note that I'm not going to be running the next season (minors or majors) - Since we started this up way back when, I've gotten a full-time job, and although I'll probably join in a new season, I don't feel like maintaining it.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2012, 04:30:47 pm »

How much work is involved in running the season?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »

Well, first you've got to poll around and get everyone's interest level and decide which options everyone wants (majors/minors? unique teams? additional inducements? etc.) which is kinda like herding cats.

Then, you've got to actually create the tourny in Bloodbowl (fairly easy), then you've got to get everyone who said they were interested before to actually sign up (herding cats again) - should, for any reason, you end up with less (or more!) players then you originally thought, recreate the tourny and get everyone to re-join. Repeat until number of players and number of slots match up.

Then, once you've got the thing running, you're expected to post the weekly matchups.

Should any problems occur, try to be around (or have some trustworthy deputies) so that you can reset a game if someone gets disconnected.

Once everyone (note: 'everyone' being however many coaches you have left - attrition can be nasty) has completed their games (or they've run out of time and you just can't wait on them any more) manually set any games that need to be resolved.

Press the 'end week' button, and go back to posting the weekly match-ups.

It's not hard, but it can take a bit of time.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:15 pm »

I've some experience herding cats on the internet. That sounds like it's the hardest part.

If nobody else wants to, I'll do it -- but the league probably won't start until March, if I run it. If that's unacceptable to anyone, then by all means run it yourself.

If nobody volunteers, I'll get a new post up in a couple of days to discuss the desired rules for S4.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:34 pm »

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to do it. I thought I had time, but nope.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:05:51 pm by Xanatos Jr. »
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 17, 2012, 01:36:03 pm »

I don't mind running it, and could start as soon as a sufficient number of players were willing to sign up. However, if I run it, it'll likely be more tight-assed... weeks will move on a regular schedule, for example.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 17, 2012, 03:06:36 pm »

I don't mind running it, and could start as soon as a sufficient number of players were willing to sign up. However, if I run it, it'll likely be more tight-assed... weeks will move on a regular schedule, for example.

Sounds good :D

Jartol

• Bay Watcher
  • In Kanil's Closet
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:09 am »

I'd be Kanil's friend. I'm very interested in doing so and have played blood bowl for a number of years. However I have about two weeks before I can afford to have my internet turned on, so I would hope that the next season would start early next month.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 19, 2012, 11:36:29 am »

Well, it does take a while for people to sort out teams and such... so there's no real concern in starting immediately.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 20, 2012, 07:02:13 pm »

So, uhm... should I just start organizing Season 4? I was going to wait and see if anyone else wanted to do it, given that if I'm organizing it, I'm waiting for my friend Jartol.

But nobody's really started on it, and I don't mind doing it, and at this rate it won't get started til March anyway so waiting the few extra days is almost moot...

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 21, 2012, 04:54:12 pm »

So, uhm... should I just start organizing Season 4?

YES :)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 21, 2012, 06:58:35 pm »

So, uhm... should I just start organizing Season 4?

YES :)
I apologize for stepping up and then falling down... I got distracted by silly stuff. If you want the job of organizing, Kanil, go 'fer it!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]