Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31034 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 11!
« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2012, 06:26:14 pm »

A week to rest up my two miss-next-game'rs. Yay.

Only game that matters this week for playoffs is the Norse/Chaos. Winner gets in, a draw favors the Norse.

Good luck to both of them.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 10!
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:23 pm »

ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion
I've dropped Xanatos Jr. a PM... if someone could PM me his Steam account name, I'll poke him there, as well.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2012, 06:37:54 pm »

A week to rest up my two miss-next-game'rs. Yay.

Only game that matters this week for playoffs is the Norse/Chaos. Winner gets in, a draw favors the Norse.

Good luck to both of them.

I'm totaly cheeing for the Norsemen on this one. The first game of the season was Dwarves Vs. Norse, we abused each others teams so badly that I though it was over for both of us, I want a rematch :D

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2012, 10:31:56 pm »

Conversely, I'm hoping for another shot at ndkid. But hey, I wouldn't mind if Xanatos Jr. makes it in and abuses your team another time. :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 06, 2012, 11:17:20 pm »

Conversely, I'm hoping for another shot at ndkid. But hey, I wouldn't mind if Xanatos Jr. makes it in and abuses your team another time. :P

If the playoffs run in the usual way, we can only get the rematch in the finals, which would be awesome, but with you and alstar in the way... :(

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 06, 2012, 11:19:09 pm »

Yeah, I assume it's 1-4, 2-3, but I have no idea how it actually works... still, if you two meet in the first round, feel free to kill one another. :)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2012, 10:39:42 pm »

Still haven't heard from Xanatos Jr., and could still use someone letting me know what his Steam name is... my attempts to find it on here have been unsuccessful.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 09, 2012, 12:09:04 pm »

Hey all, just thought that I'd post to check and see what progress has been made.

Still haven't heard from Xanatos Jr., and could still use someone letting me know what his Steam name is... my attempts to find it on here have been unsuccessful.

After some post-stalking (and a little memory-bashing, I did just play him, after all), it looks like Xanatos is Gir in the B12 Bloodbowl group:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/allofthenope

Although he doesn't appear to have posted since the 6th.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 09, 2012, 08:15:57 pm »

Sorry. Yeah, that's me. I sent him a friend request on steam but haven't seen him on.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 10, 2012, 01:50:49 am »

Kobb's Khorne v. Lutefisk Legion
or:
The Game For One Quarter of the Marbles

The Legion got a whopping 490k in inducements, which went into a star, -1 reroll for me, and some brewski.

Khorne kicks off.

L1: Khorne lines up in a slightly modified FFB, pulling TAB back a yard or two on one wing. The Norsemen line up similarly, and get a quick snap. When it's all done, 8 members of the Chaos team are on the ground, with two stunned.
K1: Most of the team stands up. A Chaos warrior blitzes the Norse passer with the ball as part of standing up, leading to silly ball bouncing among poor catchers until it lands behind the Chaos line. TAB gets beside it, along with a Chaos Warrior and a Yeti. Also, one of the Norse players gets knocked out.
L2: A Yeti lightly wounds TAB, sending him off for the rest of the match! Several other players get blocked down, as well.
K2: NATAB manages to pick up the ball and run downfield with it after the Minotaur knocks over the ball-carrier.
L3: The Block fest slows down a little... a player goes out with a groin injury, but two other frenzied blocks by Norse players end in only pushes.
K3: NATAB knocks over the one Norseman who got beside him, and runs to near the goal line. A Chaos Warrior and Beastman get behind him as a rear guard.
L4: Another Chaos Warrior gets frenzied out of bounds.
K4: NATAB runs the ball in.
L5: Khorne lines back up in a standard Full Frontal Brutality. The Norse thrower lines up under the high kick, but muffs the catch. Another Beastman is injured, this time with a broken jaw.
K5: A Norseman gets knocked out, and a beastman penetrates the line and starts to run toward the ball, still sitting in the corner of the pitch.
L6: THe thrower falls over running the ball forward.
K6: The nearby beastman picks up the ball and runs toward the end zone. Two norsemen get knocked out.
L7: The ballcarrier gets knocked over by a blitzing Norseman. Another one also gets beside the ball. Another trying to dodge away from the Prehensile Tail falls over.
K7: The Tail picks up the ball, but fails to dodge away from the Norseman beside it.
L8: A nearby Norseman fails to pick up the ball.
K8: A nearby beastman picks up the ball and runs it in at the halftime bell.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 Lutefisk Legion

K9: This time, Khorne gets the quick snap at kickoff. Several norsemen go down, before the Minotaur knocks himself over.
L9: Some good blocks are followed by a Yeti knocking himself over.
K10: Good blocks by Khorne and NATAB getting free down the middle of the field is followed by the ball-carrier double-skulling his block against the lone Norseman on him.
L10: Said Norseman runs the ball toward the end zone.
K11: Unable to get to the ball carrier, Khorne aims for blood for the blood god. Despite knocking over most of the norsemen, no injuries.
L11: The norseman runs the ball in.
K12: The deep man grabs the ball, and tosses it to NATAB, who runs it downfield. The minotaur again knocks himself over on a block.
L12: A yeti gets free and blitzes NATAB down. The ball goes out of bounds, and the crowd passes it around for a bit. The Norsemen knock over most of the Chaos team.
K13: Prehensile Tail pushes the ball-carrier back a step. Another beastman pinches a nerve trying to make a block.
L13: The ball carrier falls over trying to dodge.
K14: Prehensile tail picks up the ball and runs it in for the score.
L14: Comfortably ahead, Khorne moves away from FFB, putting only their S4 and S5 players on the front line, and pulling all of the regular beastmen (if such a term can be used) back a few steps.  Khorne blitzes, and gets Prehensile tail beside where the ball lands. Sadly, it bounces away from him.
K15: Khorne finally gets an injury against a norseman. The Prehensile Tail's attempt to pick up the ball fails.
L15: A norseman's attempt to dodge away from Prehensile Tail fails.
K16: Prehensile Tail grabs the ball and runs it in for a TD.
L16: A final full-line block drill by the norsemen knocks over most of the Chaos team, but no more injuries.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 4 - 1 Lutefisk Legion

Final Thoughts: This game felt pretty safe at the half, but it definitely felt like I paid a price for the victory... my normal three-man reserve bench will be down to nothing unless I make enough money to pick up another beastman. Still, I'll have TAB, NATAB, and 5 rerolls, and who could ask for anything more heading into the playoffs, really?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:52:49 am by ndkid »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 10, 2012, 03:56:49 am »

Don't worry about your reserve, I play nice. ;)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 10, 2012, 07:51:29 am »

Don't worry about your reserve, I play nice. ;)
And here I thought you were all badass. ;-)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 10, 2012, 05:30:29 pm »

between being sick and preparing for vacation i sadly couldn't find time to play my game with tiny, so i'll have to take a bye on this one i'm afraid.

good luck in the playoff's all!

Will be returning with Orcs next season...
Thats right! called it!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 11, 2012, 11:27:22 am »

between being sick and preparing for vacation i sadly couldn't find time to play my game with tiny, so i'll have to take a bye on this one i'm afraid.

good luck in the playoff's all!

Will be returning with Orcs next season...
Thats right! called it!

So that leaves the Undead-Lizardman matchup?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 11, 2012, 01:15:30 pm »

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII SET TO 0-2
Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems SET TO 2-0
Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t SET TO 2-0
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain SET TO 1-1

Week Ends!

SEMI FINALS:
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery
AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United

edit:

In the pouring rain and the freezing cold, the Undead and the Lizards matched their skills.

In the end, the Undead came out ahead 2-0, but I was expecting a 1-1 tie all game long.

Charmander had at least 2 or 3 chances to make the tie, but all were killed by 1s - even with rerolls.

Didn't help him that I managed to get not one, but TWO CAS on the very first turn, one of which was a saurus.

Good Game Charmander!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:24:13 pm by AlStar »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26