Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31059 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 7!
« Reply #300 on: December 31, 2011, 05:47:42 pm »

Really wild and somewhat bizarre game at times. Thank you for the game, ndkid.

Spoiler: As for the playoffs... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:11:41 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 01, 2012, 08:14:39 am »

Somehow I think our scaly asses are going to be warming some benches dduring the playoffs...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2012, 01:13:25 pm »

The Undead beat the Norse in the artic cold 3-1.

The Norse had a whopping 300k in inducements to start the match, which they used to get a Halfling chef.

Normally I'd say that's a pretty good play... but not when the chef fails all 6 of his rolls (3 each half.)

It was an odd game for Xanatos - it seemed (to me, anyway) like he couldn't fail a 1d (or even -2d!) block, and it let him score his first point easily. However, all his support rolls failed. KOs especially - at one point there were 6 players in the KO box and 4 players in the CAS box... and since the Norse only had 11 players, that didn't really leave a lot of players on the field, which makes it awfully hard to defend against a TD.

He actually gave almost as good as he got - 3 CAS to my 4 CAS, but I managed to make all my regen rolls, so I was never low on players.

Good game Xanatos.

My only real reccomendation to you would be to not set up all your players on the front line when defending; especially against Undead. That might fly against Elves, but I had 4 players with mighty blow and a mummy with Guard, which allowed me all kinds of 2d blocks on your guys; which does not bode well for AV 7 players, even if they do all have block.

edit: Actually, I've got one more: if you must blitz with your big guy, do it after everyone else. Between the wild animal roll and loner, which gives you only a 50% to use a RR... unless you can make a 3d block, I just don't think you're better off then using one of your other players.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:16:53 pm by AlStar »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #303 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »

Blood Bowl? Cyanide version it seems though, I don't have that. Does someone here play fumbbl? I'm pretty bad at it but it's fun nevertheless. Feel free to PM me if you want to play or if there's going to be fumbbl league. Steam is good way to contact me too, my nick is Johuotar-Poniraunio.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 03, 2012, 03:08:58 pm »

Blood Bowl? Cyanide version it seems though, I don't have that. Does someone here play fumbbl? I'm pretty bad at it but it's fun nevertheless. Feel free to PM me if you want to play or if there's going to be fumbbl league. Steam is good way to contact me too, my nick is Johuotar-Poniraunio.

You should've picked it up during the Steam Winter Sale - I think the price was something like $5.

I've played a couple hundred games on fumbbl; we occasionally get people who want to start up a fumbbl league, but I haven't seen anyone actually get any further with it then you just did.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 03, 2012, 03:38:30 pm »

You should've picked it up during the Steam Winter Sale - I think the price was something like $5.

I've played a couple hundred games on fumbbl; we occasionally get people who want to start up a fumbbl league, but I haven't seen anyone actually get any further with it then you just did.

Yeah, FUMBBL definitely never seems to hit critical mass here. Then again, to be fair, we hit critical mass with the Cyanide version only to see half the players drop out by the end of the season. If we could get 8 consistent dedicated weekly players, I'd be in heaven, regardless of the interface. (Though I harbor a secret desire for a group of dedicated players large enough for multiple levels to the league, complete with promotion and relegation of teams at season ends.)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:27 pm »

So, with only three non-bye games this week, and two already played, we're left with:HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs Soapmakers United; any idea when that game will happen yet?

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 04, 2012, 11:42:52 pm »

So, with only three non-bye games this week, and two already played, we're left with:HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs Soapmakers United; any idea when that game will happen yet?

HLBeta says He's busy and dosn't know when He'll be able to play :(

I hope He'll sort it out but I guess people are waiting.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 05, 2012, 07:19:00 pm »

HLBeta says He's busy and dosn't know when He'll be able to play :(

I hope He'll sort it out but I guess people are waiting.
I should know by tomorrow and may be able to play as early as the day after that. Landing a new job has thrown my normally placid schedule into disarray.
... and then it explodes!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 07, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »

So?

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2012, 04:57:31 pm »

So?

I Havn't heard anything from HLBeta this weekend.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2012, 09:28:52 am »

I am a terrible person. I'm going to try to throw together a game with Tiny later today, but if that doesn't get played I consent to league advancement and a loss by default.
... and then it explodes!

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2012, 08:19:53 pm »

We got the game done at last.

2-1 to the Soapmakers. No one seriously hurt I think.

Dull first half with the dwarves grinding up the pitch for an 8 turn TD. The second half was more livley with the winning touchdown scored in the very last turn of the game.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2012, 11:13:46 pm »

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers SET TO 0-2
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain SET TO 2-0
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters SET TO 1-1

New Week! Week 9:

Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers (BYE)
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs  drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters (BYE)
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain (BOTH BYE)
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers

edit:
HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

HL, what's your availability like?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:16:29 pm by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2012, 01:02:30 am »

Hurrah for a week off. Just as well, I've been feeling pretty damn sick all week. Good thing I got last week's game in early.

Spoiler: Playoffs. (click to show/hide)
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26