Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31077 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 6!
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Sahagin Stormers

S2: Khorne lines up in their Full Frontal Brutality for kickoff. A riot shortens the game by a turn. A mixture of Saurus and Skink blocks on the two wings knocks down three beastman and pushes back another. Then a Saurus on the line knocks himself over when taking down a beastman.
K2: Khorne knocks over the Stormers' front line, and starts pushing into the backfield.
S3: As the Sauruses (Sauri?) on the wings push forward, one beastman gets stunned, another gets knocked out. The deep back Skink fails to pick up the ball, pushing it into the end zone.
K3: A warrior pushes the butterfingered Skink out of the way; a beastman grabs the ball in the end zone for the touchdown.
S4: Khorne puts its warriors on the wing to switch up the normal formation. A Saurus injures one of the beastmen on the line. One of the wing warriors goes down, but a Saurus knocks himself over trying to take out another.
K4: A skink gets knocked out, several lizardmen get knocked over, and a three-armed non-bandit picks up the ball.
S5: Skinks swarm on the ball-carrier.
K5: Blocks stun one skink, knock over a few lizardmen, but don't free up the ball carrier.
S6: Some Khorne players get pushed around.
K6: A Saurus gets knocked off the pitch. The ball carrier finally gets free and begins to run downfield.
S7: A skink knocks over the ball carrier, injuring himself in the process.
K7: A beastman fails to pick up the ball, but then gets it back on the bounce.
S8: The skinks push around the ball carrier.
K8: The ball carrier knocks over a skink, but fails to dodge away from the lone Skink holding him back.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Sahagin Stormers

K9: Khorne pulls its three-armed non-bandit back to receive. He picks up the ball and runs behind his minotaur on the front line. The front line goes down, but a beastman falls over giving the last block.
S9: A Saurus gets behind the line and knocks out the three-armed non-bandit, leaving the ball behind a line of Chaos Warriors.
K10: A Chaos Warrior picks up the ball and begins to move it forward. Many Lizardmen are knocked over.
S10: Khorne gets pushed around, but only a Skink can get beside the ball carrier.
K11: The Warrior hands the ball to a beastman, who runs it to within a few yards of the goal line.
S11: Two skinks rush down to knock over the ball carrier; the blitzing Skink gets the ball back into his hands.
K12: The Khorne team starts to steamroll toward the ball carrying Skink.
S12: The ball carrier sees his life flash before his eyes, and tries to pass the ball to one of the midfield Sauruses. The pass was great, but the Saurus' hands are not so good.
K13: The Khorne team pulls back toward midfield. The beastman who tries to pick up the ball sitting beside the Saurus fails.
S13: A Skink runs in, picks up the ball, tries for a handoff to a waiting Skink... who muffs it.
K14: With much pushing of Sauruses, A beastman gets to the ball to try and pick it up, but fails.
S14: The beastman who tried to pick up the ball gets injured. A skink picks up the ball and breaks for the end zone.
K15: Khorne is too slow to catch up to the ball carrier, and don't manage to injure any of the players they can hit.
S15: The skink runs in the score.
K16: Khorne knocks over the front line, fouls, picks up the ball, and completes a pass.
S16: The Lizardmen knock over the Minotaur, then call it a day.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 1 Sahagin Stormers

Thoughts:
I must admit, I'm embarassed by how I played this one. After the early touchdown, I felt pretty confident I had this one in the bag, but I failed to finish off either of my subsequent scoring opportunities. I got only 2 casualties despite knocking over lots of skinks. I gave away a late touchdown I should've been in position to stop. All in all, it was a subpar performance on my part. With only 1 competed pass, 1 TD, and 2 casualties, I won't get as many SPP as I'd like, either.

Still, next game, I'll get the Three-armed bandit back, and I now have another 3-armed gent on the team to help him with a passing game, and finally having the Minotaur means that I now have a front line that can stand even against the Undead.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 10, 2011, 01:49:33 pm »

The first two turns were... depressing.

Things later. For real, this week...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers 

lordcooper - I tried messaging you a couple of times when I saw you online on Steam over the weekend, but didn't get a reply, so I'll just ask here:

First off, are you still playing in the tournament, and secondly, if so - when would you be available to play our game?

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2011, 09:44:15 am »

So, it's been a week. I think we have two matches unaccounted for? Anyone want to jump in against the sounds of crickets chirping?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2011, 02:53:30 pm »

Contacted Vherid at the start of the week offering him a game, haven't heard back -- but that's to be expected.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 14, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers 

lordcooper - I tried messaging you a couple of times when I saw you online on Steam over the weekend, but didn't get a reply, so I'll just ask here:

First off, are you still playing in the tournament, and secondly, if so - when would you be available to play our game?

Sorry, hadn't been checking this thread.  I already pulled out in an earlier post.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 14, 2011, 04:37:19 pm »

we have our game scheduled in half an hour... alas, steam seems to be acting up.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 14, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »

we have our game scheduled in half an hour... alas, steam seems to be acting up.
Yeah, I just tried switching over to my PC to get ready for that and Steam won't even sign me in. I guess we're going to have to delay until the weekend while we wait for that to fix and I deal with some IRL problems.
... and then it explodes!

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 14, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »

and now it's working again... has been disconnecting all day...
blood bowl seems to work fine though, and it can be played without steam.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2011, 02:08:26 pm »

So, everyone:

As of today, 12-17-11, 10 days after I last posted the week's matches, we've got exactly one game finished.

Now, I know lordcooper and Vherid are byes, but that still leaves:

Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters
HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems

You guys going to be getting your games played in the near future?

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »

I haven't been able to contact my opponent.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 18, 2011, 08:37:23 am »

I am truely terrible at doing thing I am supposed to, even though my game was gamed.

._.

Oh, and the whole "Christmas" thing is coming up means that things probably will slow down considerably.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:11:24 am by Charmander »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2011, 02:04:08 am »

So it doesn't look like anyone replied with a plan to get their game completed, so I say we move on.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 19, 2011, 08:20:05 am »

I'm taking a bit of a chance that there was a disconnect, since I don't see a writeup of it, but I've validated Foot-the-Ball vs w00t w00t, because, well, it's nice to see results that I don't have to set.

Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters SET TO 1-1 (Tiny, you should've done everything in your power to get this game played. This is the game that all dwarf teams wish they could play! SPP rains from the sky!)
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems  SET TO 2-0 (because I've seen posts from Xanatos, and none from Tres_Huevos)

Now for the byes:
AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers  set to 2-0
Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain set to 2-0

Week 7:

Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers (BYE)
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne
Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery
(BYE) Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 7!
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2011, 07:19:22 pm »

drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

Normally I'd leave this to Steam, but since your last login was 11 days ago, it seems easier to ask you here - what kind of availability do you have?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26