Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31111 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 5!
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:24 am »

I've got no problem with you continuing on HL. In fact, I'd much rather that you keep going rather than just give up.

Heck, even Vherid (who's marked as a bye) played last week. I put a 'bye' flag to show who gets the auto-win if the game ends up unplayed.

I know it's certainly a pain when a game gets disconnected, especially late in the match, but don't let it get you down.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:16 am »

Woo, dwarves. Don't suppose I can strategically forfeit, can I?  :P

If you decide not to hide I'd like to try and play before the weekend, so I'll probaly be stalking you on Steam soon.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 4!
« Reply #242 on: November 29, 2011, 11:50:49 am »

I didn't know partial verification was an option. I thought I was staring down 4/6 weeks with very little SPP (having lost the relatively good harvest from this game) and a bad connection. I should have asked. I feel awful for saying this, but in light of that would it be possible to resurrect the team with those points added or am I officially locked out at this point?

I'm sorry for the drama, but I thought the connection drop made the game irretrievable and suddenly losing my best match of the season to connection failure was soul-crushing.

I feel like an idiot for so many reasons right now.
... Well, the way it works is that it forces a win for the side that doesn't disconnect... I mean, according to the end score I managed two one-turn touchdowns in a row, apparently.

Frankly I'd have rather not had the win because that feels unfair, but I was pretty much bottom anyway, and I still have three fatalities on my side to recover from... I mean, shit, during the game I lost two or three skinks on turn two to injuries. And there were three, maybe four casualties and a touchdown, and that's 9 SPP right there.

Anyway... writeup when I get a little free time...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 29, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »

Playing dwarves is so much fun. 1-1 draw. zizi yO
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:17:32 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2011, 04:26:35 pm »

Playing dwarves is so much fun. 1-1 draw.

Playing as dwarves isn't much fun either, but I was last to the table...

It was an ugly brawl with silly mistakes , I meant to have a new blitzer, but forgot to click save. Kanil suffered from some UI screwery, can't remeber what though.

My second troll slayer was killed near the end of the match, so none of my original hitting positional players remain (2 troll slayers and one blitzer killed, one blitzer maimed into uselessness)....but we still have't lost a game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:59:39 pm by Tiny »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »

I made a few misclicks, none of which had an impact on the game. Guess we're both still "undefeated"... in a way.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2011, 06:36:02 pm »

It's on sale for $8 (legendary edition) on Steam. Good game?

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2011, 06:52:25 pm »

It's worthless as a single player game, OK as the random match macking game and damm cool to play in a league with people.

Buy it and join us next season.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:51 pm »

It's worthless as a single player game, OK as the random match macking game and damm cool to play in a league with people.

I wouldn't say worthless as a single player game... some of the fan made AIs aren't nearly as bad as the packaged one.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 29, 2011, 09:02:10 pm »

I wouldn't say worthless as a single player game... some of the fan made AIs aren't nearly as bad as the packaged one.

I enjoy single player as a hangover game, the AI cheats outrageously but you still win, no mod can change this, I've tried them.

Think how much work goes into a decent chess AI, how simple is chess compared to bloodbowl.
When skills come in cyanide don't update the AI to use them, none really cares that the AI never uses leap, or hypnotic gaze, it not the core game.

The core game is what we're doing here.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

Dark Vertibrae vs Kobb's Khorne

D1: Khorne elects to kick, and sets up in their standard Full Frontal Brutality, with the three-armed bandit (now A4) on one of the wings. Four beastmen immediately fall over (including 1 KO and 1 stun). However, the ghoul in the back has butterfingers trying to pick up the ball.

K1: One zombie takes three tries to knock over. A couple of more go down easier.

D2: The ghoul picks up the ball and passes it to a wight who has had his friendly mummy take out all the nearby threats.

K2: A chaos warrior and beastman get to the wight in time. The crowd tosses the ball to the other side of the Khorne backfield. The three armed bandit stands up, dodges away from the mummy, and begins to make his way toward the ball. The two beastmen lying beside the two mummies play dead rather than standing up.

D3: The mummy-wight combo on that side of the field knock over the three armed bandit, but the wight falls over going for the ball.

K3: A beastman who turned out *not* to be the three-armed bandit fails to pick up the ball.

D4: The ghoul has made his way downfield and picks up the ball.

K4: The local beastman knocks himself out knocking over the ghoul.

D5: The ghoul picks up the ball again and scores.

K6:  A riot puts more time pressure on me as I receive the kickoff. The three armed bandit picks up the ball. The two beastmen on the edges go deep. The chaos warriors knock over the zombies on the line.

D7: The edge beastmen get covered.

K7: The three-armed bandit runs forward. The zombies in the middle get knocked over again.

D8: The edge beastmen again get covered.

K8: A warrior helps the deep middle beastman knock over his ghoul shadow. The three armed bandit makes two dodges, two GFIs... then fumbles the pass.

Halftime Score: Dark Vertabrae 1 - Kobb's Khorne 0

K9: More zombies get knocked over. The three-armed bandit picks up the ball.

D9: A few beastmen get knocked around.

K10: A wall forms in the middle of the field, with zombies and skeletons getting blocked away. The three armed bandit falls in inside the wall.

D10: Some pushing in on said wall, but nothing too dangerous.

K11: The three armed bandit throws a long ball to a beastman waiting in the end zone. The good news is he passed it well. The catching part... not so much. Still, the ball lands in the end zone.

D11: More beastmen get knocked over. A ghoul gets near the beastman trying to score.

K12: The beastman near the ball pushes back the strong ghoul and picks up the ball for a TD.

D12: Khorne sets up in FFB. A beastman finally gets injured... the apoc says he can die, rather than get the pinched nerve, if I want; I refuse his offer.  A ghoul picks up the ball and runs it to the midfield line.

K13: A blitzing beastman knocks over the ball carrying ghoul.

D13: Ball shennanigans leave it directly behind the chaos warrior front line. A 2-die blitz comes up double-skull for a ghoul, who injures himself.

K14: A chaos warrior knocks himself over on a 2-die block against a wight.

D14: More ball shennanigans lead to a mummy with the ball at midfield.

K15: Some undead get pushed around.

D15: The mummy hands the ball to a waiting ghoul, who gets it close to the end zone.

K16: Because I forgot to declare the blitz in advance, a beastman managing to get beside the ghoul forgets to blitz. A chaos warrior has to dodge, GFI twice, and then put the block on.

D16: A wight manages to pick up the ball for a throw, which he lofts into the stands.

Final Score: Dark Vertibrae 1 - 1 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: Early on, it felt like DV couldn't fail a block and KK couldn't fail a dodge. Overall, it was a fairly normal slugfest, except with only three casualties rolled. Having the three-armed bandit miss the next game will be annoying; hopefully, with the 12 SPP I'm getting *someone* else will get a skill this time 'round.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2011, 09:13:20 am »

(bumping from page 4)

So, we've still got some games outstanding (although since I'm at work, I can't actually check which ones) - they going to get played, or should I be thinking about advancing the week?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2011, 09:23:31 am »

It's been four days...

E:
IMPORTANT: if you want to play in the league, ask yourself: “can I devote one hour of my time to this once every ten days or so?” If the answer is NO, then DON’T SIGN UP.

Actually, count me out in general from this point on.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:25:21 am by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 02, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

I've been in contact with HLbeta, so we should be getting our game completed in the next day or two, our schedules just didn't mesh up immediately.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:21 am »

I've had other things to deal with, but... yeah, it's *only* Friday. I'll ask Tres_Huevos as soon as I see him online...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26