Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31106 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 4!
« Reply #225 on: November 25, 2011, 04:15:33 pm »

Indeed, you must have more than double their strength for a 3 die block. Whack a 3 strength guy with a 6 strength treeman, for example.
Except that'd be 2-die, because it's not more than double strength. ST 3 vs. ST 1, ST 5 vs. ST 2, ST 7 vs. ST 3, and ST 9 vs. ST 4 are the breakpoints.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 25, 2011, 05:32:27 pm »

Yes, that was the point of the example.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »

Are these games gonna get played?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2011, 05:16:40 pm »

My internet connection has been really patchy for the last few days and I doubt I'll be able to play from elsewhere until Wednesday.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2011, 07:24:16 pm »

HLBeta is silent. Whether that's off my own back I don't know, but I've been losing track of days lately...

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2011, 05:12:53 pm »

HLBeta is silent. Whether that's off my own back I don't know, but I've been losing track of days lately...

It appears Nov 7 was the last time HLBeta posted in this topic, for whatever that's worth.

It's been more than a week at this stage, I believe, so I'm in favor of moving on unless the players left have specific plans to fit their games in.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2011, 07:53:07 pm »

Ok, unless I see a post in the next... say... couple of hours from Tres_Huevos and HLBeta (or I suppose lordcooper or Charmander, if they've got something set up) I'm going to award the games to lordcooper and Charmander, so that we can continue.

We managed to play all games week 1. It makes me sad that we haven't been able to continue that.

edit: If I just see a post from them, without a game time set, I'll make the game a tie.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:54:59 pm by AlStar »

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »

Sorry about the delay. I forgot to check on the thread after last week's AWOL match-up and then got caught up in Thanksgiving with the extended family. I'll try to contact Charmander and get a game going ASAP.
... and then it explodes!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2011, 09:19:56 pm »

... Plans have been made for a game tomorrow. Sorry about the delays...

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2011, 09:55:28 pm »

... Well, we played fourteen turns apiece before HLBeta disconnected. One fatality and a one-all draw before my kickoff and he disconnects... sort of too much of a hassle to play again, so... I think the best thing is to set the score at 1-1.

I'll post a writeup of what was played later...

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

Charmander and I had a pretty good match. I finally feel like I'm starting to get the hang of all this and make good plays when my network drops out within two turns of the match's end, crashing the game when I tried to fix it. At the time of connection failure, we were 1-1 (Charmander will be posting a screencap shortly). Losing those SPP is going to suck though.

I would like Charmander to receive a win credit for this match as I will be withdrawing. In light of recent IRL concerns and my apparent inability to connect for long enough to finish a game I feel it best if I cease to waste time on matches I cannot play. I am sorry that I could not see this through.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:04:59 pm by HLBeta »

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 28, 2011, 10:11:51 pm »

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems SET TO 2-0

I verified the game that HLBeta and Charmander had - I believe that should make it so that Charmander gets all SPP that he would've during the game, plus a couple of extra TDs.

Week 5:

ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers
Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems
(BYE) Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII (BYE)
AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne
Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 5!
« Reply #237 on: November 28, 2011, 11:07:54 pm »

Woo, dwarves. Don't suppose I can strategically forfeit, can I?  :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 29, 2011, 12:07:32 am »

I verified the game that HLBeta and Charmander had - I believe that should make it so that Charmander gets all SPP that he would've during the game, plus a couple of extra TDs.
I didn't know partial verification was an option. I thought I was staring down 4/6 weeks with very little SPP (having lost the relatively good harvest from this game) and a bad connection. I should have asked. I feel awful for saying this, but in light of that would it be possible to resurrect the team with those points added or am I officially locked out at this point?

I'm sorry for the drama, but I thought the connection drop made the game irretrievable and suddenly losing my best match of the season to connection failure was soul-crushing.

I feel like an idiot for so many reasons right now.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 5!
« Reply #239 on: November 29, 2011, 12:08:50 am »

I don't think you can just be up and kicked out of the league. No idea where your SPPs are, but your team should still be in the league, if you feel like showing up to future matches.

Edit: I don't know how many SPPs you got in that game, but two of your players have level ups pending, suggesting they got SPPs from that game.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 12:14:41 am by Kanil »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26