Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31118 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 4!
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2011, 06:12:24 pm »

We played:
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t

quick recap from memmory:

game starts out with elves recieving.
Norse team uses a strong line defence, with every player except 1 on the line, they will use this def for the rest of the game.
the Elves blocks a guy on the right, throws the ball and runs up the pitch.
The Norse trashes the elf carrier and fail to pick up the ball.
The carrier gets up dodges, picks up, dodges and scores!!!
1-0 to the Elves.

The Elves kick and after a lot of the Norse failing to pick up or throw the ball, the Elves get several clear shots to score, but cannot pick up the ball either.
First halve ends.

Second halve starts out with the elves kicking a perfect long ball to the left corner. Norse kicks down the front line, and picks up the ball.
The elves quickly swarm the ball carrier, with leaps and dodges. 3 elves are 2 and 3 squares from the carrier.
Norse runs the carrier to the right and fails a pass. The ball goes just next to his line.
One of the elves from the swarm runs back, picks up the ball, doges away and throws.
It's caught! AND HE SCORES!
The elf fans go bezerk!

The norse are talking about sacrificing the coach to Odin.

2-0
The Elves kick again.
my memmory here gets fuzzy, but we fail a lot of ball rolls, and after a lot of fighting the Norse gets the ball and puts a cage up around the carrier, within scoring distance.
The elves try to break in, but a couple of blocks from the norse dispatches the wardancer and lineman.
The carrier runs it in, to the cheering of the crowd!

Honour Restored!

2-1
The elves run down right field again, passes the ball, but rolls double 1 on the last GFI.
The Norse fail a ballthrow.
The elves fail to pick up the ball.
Norse gets the ball, but doesn't throw.
the elves try to block him, but just pushes on the last turn

The game ended 2-1 in favour of the elves.
only real injure was my war dancer that got a niggling. apo did nothing :(

All around an excelent game, Norse showing good brute force, and the elves throwing only around 10 blocks the entire game, instead opting for ballplay. The star player of the elves has gotta be the runner with Sure feet, that dodged around the whole game, catching balls, dodge away and picking up in tackle zones.
The most notable Norse player was the stupid Troll that pretty much didn't move after turn 2.

Thx for the game!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:14:52 pm by ank »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2011, 01:02:46 am »

Well, that was three November 19 games... let's have three November 20 games and go ahead and move the week forward quickly for a change. ;-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2011, 01:44:17 pm »

Well, that was three November 19 games... let's have three November 20 games and go ahead and move the week forward quickly for a change. ;-)

Mine won't be going until Tuesday or Wednesday, but it is scheduled. :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:59:31 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »

Mine won't be going until Tuesday or Wednesday, but it is scheduled. :)

Damm slackers.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »

Sorry my bad!

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2011, 02:13:57 pm »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 23, 2011, 03:23:53 pm »

Sheer Badassery wins 2-1 over the All-Thumbs Anklebiters.

Had to play the entire game without a reroll, after the halflings nabbed them all, but in the end the Halflings were too weak to really knock my players around, and a couple of slow, unrisky cage plays managed two touchdowns to the halfling's one.

Had good luck on the kickoffs, both in ball placement and in events, getting myself two Blitzes, but I largely squandered them, and one of my linemen was killed (but he was useless anyway). A few halflings faceplanted into the ground, and one connected to one of my blitzers which is always good for giggles. In the end though, the halflings were unable to stop me, and I was fortunate enough to not stop myself with endless turnovers.

Next up, the dwarves. Last two undefeated teams of the season square off, it'll be an interesting match.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 23, 2011, 05:41:26 pm »

Ok, that just leaves us with:

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems

and

HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers

You guys have plans for when you'll get your games played?
(Also, all other games have been validated, so you can spend your cash/SPPs now.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 23, 2011, 05:46:39 pm »

Some day I will roll more than a 3 on my winnings.

That day will be glorious.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2011, 11:17:45 am »

All I could say is, I had no way to deal with a strength 4 elven ballcarrier.  But it was a good game I think, Since I managed to take all his rerolls, I could potentially gripe about everything and nothing.  I can see why Sheer Badassery is undefeated, they would give any team a hard time.  On the one hand, I managed to throw alot of fouls without getting any of my players kicked out, but on the other hand I didn't inflict any injuries aside from the early death of a lineman.  I managed to injure a halfling every time I tried to throw him, which was about 4 times, so thats about par for the course.  I started with 14 players, the last drive had me with about 4 or 5 players on the pitch, I think the majority of my injuries were self inflicted.  Only serious injury on my side was a smashed hip on a halfling who already had a smashed hip from an earlier game, I'm afraid a movement 3 halfling is really just dog food.  Either way, elves might have lost a player, but they definitely came up ahead in the SPP department. 

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2011, 12:30:25 pm »

Was he really that annoying, with only 3 agility and no skills? Figured my Blitzers and stuff would be far worse to deal with, due to them being basically impossible to knock over.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2011, 12:41:09 pm »

Yeah, seeing as how my halflings are str 2 and he's str 4, thats a 3 die block advantage.  I had to pull some crap to even throw a two-die disadvantage blitz against him, plus he was too fast to ever worry about running into a treeman, though in hindsight I could have spread my trees out a little further, leaving an easy opening in the middle instead, but it wouldn't have likely changed much.  Blodging sidestep blitzers are annoying, but thats something that comes up more often than a str 4 elf :P  No I'm afraid that my only chance was to throw fouls every turn in hopes that I could encourage you to break the cage and score a little faster hah.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2011, 06:21:33 pm »

I've spoken to HLBeta over Steam, but... well, I think he's having a few issues with things, so really I'm just waiting for some free time on his end.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 25, 2011, 02:50:04 pm »

Yeah, seeing as how my halflings are str 2 and he's str 4, thats a 3 die block advantage.  I had to pull some crap to even throw a two-die disadvantage blitz against him, plus he was too fast to ever worry about running into a treeman, though in hindsight I could have spread my trees out a little further, leaving an easy opening in the middle instead, but it wouldn't have likely changed much.  Blodging sidestep blitzers are annoying, but thats something that comes up more often than a str 4 elf :P  No I'm afraid that my only chance was to throw fouls every turn in hopes that I could encourage you to break the cage and score a little faster hah.

I believe it's >twice where you get 3 dice for blocking, not =twice, no? So the Str4 needs an assist to 3-die a halfling. I'm pretty sure that was the case when my chaos warriors block them (or my beastmen blitz them).

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2011, 03:18:19 pm »

Indeed, you must have more than double their strength for a 3 die block. Whack a 3 strength guy with a 6 strength treeman, for example.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26