Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31140 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 3!
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2011, 07:36:59 pm »

Dark Vertibrae loses 4-1 against Agorbaar Runeessel, Blitzer extreme... oh, and those other elves that play with him.

Seriously, this one player, a level 3 blitzer with dodge and tackle, single-handedly won the game for Sheer Badassery. 1d block on the ballcarrier? Sure! Three dodges, THEN a 1d block on the ballcarrier? Sure! He was able to stop me from scoring twice, and was personally responsible for two or three of the elven scores.

Worst part was that I absolutely could not touch him. I must have made a full half dozen 2d hits on him, and never came close to knocking him down (which would've been followed up with a foul, believe-you-me.)

Didn't help that my 4 MB players didn't really start breaking armor till the second half.

It went from looking like I was going to be up one or tied in the first half, to suddenly finding myself down 2-0. Then it looked like I might catch up in the second... but nope. Two more points, and I was left just trying to not be left without scoring at all.

I feel lucky that I managed even the one point I got - and I needed to KO or CAS most of the elves before I managed it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:44:25 pm by AlStar »

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2011, 10:29:25 am »

Next week: Halflings All-Thumbs Ankle-Biters vs Sheer Badassery!  Sheer Badassery is undefeated, and leaves their opponents little self respect afterwards.  Luckily halflings have no self respect to begin with!  Maybe I can get a few good fouls in, while they pass the ball impossibly high over my guys' heads and run faster than my half baked midgets.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »

None of those fill my skinks with anything resembling confidence.

Still, sounds like an interesting week, so far. I seriously did not expect the halflings to trump Chaos.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »

Next week: Halflings All-Thumbs Ankle-Biters vs Sheer Badassery!  Sheer Badassery is undefeated, and leaves their opponents little self respect afterwards.  Luckily halflings have no self respect to begin with!  Maybe I can get a few good fouls in, while they pass the ball impossibly high over my guys' heads and run faster than my half baked midgets.

It'll be an interesting match, for sure. I'll have no rerolls, and you'll have no way of knocking down my blitzer. Could be a very high scoring game if the chefs don't show up, rerolls will allow for a lot of aggression that neither side will be good at dealing with, but a lack of them could make things much more passive. Just hope I can get through here without too many casualties, squaring off with the Dwarves in day 5 is a frightening prospect.

I've got to commend you for managing to keep a 0 in your loss column, through three games no less!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2011, 01:11:12 pm »

None of those fill my skinks with anything resembling confidence.

Still, sounds like an interesting week, so far. I seriously did not expect the halflings to trump Chaos.

Halflings don't get enough respect. They fiddle with their opponents rerolls, and rerolls are the root to life in BB.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2011, 10:38:46 pm »

So, to bring this back to page 1 - how're the remaining games going?

I'm planning on rolling over the week probably around Wednesday, so do try to get your games finished.

Tres_Huevos

• Bay Watcher
  • All I want for Christmas are your two front teeth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2011, 11:02:48 pm »

I've been indisposed the past few days to family medical things that have come up unexpectedly. I can't promise I'll have time for my game this week, though I might if things go well.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 13, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »

I've had a severely cut available time thanks to stress from roofing work... means I'm sleeping earlier and getting on later, so I'm probably msising Xanatos a lot.

By chance, is he Gir on Steam? Half the websites are temperamental as sin right at the moment, including Google and Steam.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

... 3-2 to Lutefisk, winning the Skeleton Fish Civil War.

Full match writeup when we're back from drinking heavily in Sevv's memory, who was brutally ripped to shreds by the baying crowd, because that was totally the important point of the match and not a miraculous long-bomb and dodge that won it for the norse side.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2011, 08:47:06 pm »

I'm still in shock that I won.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2011, 11:12:05 am »

Well, that's at least half the scheduled games played for week three, plus our first forewarned bye. That feels about par for the course. ;-)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2011, 02:09:39 pm »

So, it's Wednesday.

To the unfinished games - answer honestly - If I give you until tonight to finish, will it happen? If I give you 'till tomorrow? Friday morning?

If people are actually going to be able to finish their games by Thursday or Friday then I'm willing to give that much time... but only if it's actually going to make a difference; otherwise I'll just move forward the week so that the people who want to play can do so.

Oh, and if you're in one of the unfinished games - speak up! If I've got to assign a winner, it'll be the person who has said something in here over someone who hasn't.

Edit (response to below): All times/dates that I mention are Eastern.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:51:25 pm by AlStar »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2011, 02:34:59 pm »

It's probably best to mention time zones when referring to morning/evening etc.

I'm snowed under with college work at present, but have all of Friday off and could play at pretty much any reasonable time (10am-11pm GMT) if I can get a response from my opponent.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2011, 03:44:28 pm »

I'm snowed under with college work at present, but have all of Friday off and could play at pretty much any reasonable time (10am-11pm GMT) if I can get a response from my opponent.

OT: That is quite the icon, lordcooper!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2011, 05:49:18 pm »

OT: That is quite the icon, lordcooper!

Agreed.  :o
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26