Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31137 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 2!
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49:58 pm »

On other news, from messages I'm getting, it's looking like Vherid might drop out. I'll say it right now - out here in the open - Vherid: I'd rather you didn't; but if you must, just say so here on the forum and I'll put you down as byes for your opponents.

I suppose I'll take on the duty of being the bastard, but I'd really like for us to put together some sort of policy regarding how long we'll wait for people to play their games. The longer we go between matches, the more likely someone else will have something come up in their life that makes them want to drop out. In addition, once the habit becomes "once per every 2-3 weeks", people will start to take *that* for granted, and then the season becomes another six-month slog where half the teams are gone by the end.

I'd like a policy of exactly a week, 10 days on the outside with warning if *both* parties can specify before the 7 days are up requesting extra time and explaining their need and agreeing upon a time they will get the game finished in the three days after. Anyone else have an opinion?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »

Ok, even though he never got around to actually stating it outright, I'm done with the delays.

Vherid vs lordcooper is SET to 0-2.

Week 3:

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters vs ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne 
(BYE) Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers vs Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2011, 09:25:35 pm »

(BYE) Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
So does this mean that I'm not playing this week because Vherid has gone AWOL and was dropped or should I seek him/her/it out and try to play a game?
... and then it explodes!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

So does this mean that I'm not playing this week because Vherid has gone AWOL and was dropped or should I seek him/her/it out and try to play a game?

If you can get a game out of him, go for it, but if you do nothing, you'll get a 2-0 win (although with no SPPs for injuries, intercepts, passes, or any additional SPPs you might earn.)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2011, 07:25:33 am »

I think you get two MVPs, and his winnings too... or is that just MM?

I agree with ndkid. My experience with organizing online events is that people are hilariously unreliable, and shouldn't be catered to. I'm all in favor of strict rules. I'd rather scare off 6 unreliable players and just have a league of 6 guys where everyone shows up than have 12 players and half the games are byes.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:58 am »

...people are hilariously unreliable...
I'm always shocked by how people can get their shit together for just long enough to sign up for a long term commitment, then completely flake out.

I think the best was back in Season 1, we had one player who said he wanted to play. Picked a team. Made it. Signed it up to the league... and vanished. Didn't answer PMs, didn't post on the forums. Didn't answer any messages on Steam. Just gone.

I was really hoping that we could get a second week in a row without having to admin a game, and since it looked (on multiple occasions) like lordcooper and Vherid were going to play their game, I was willing to cut them some slack. It didn't work out, but I thought it was worthwhile, at least the once.

By the way Kanil - what's your availability?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2011, 12:10:20 pm »

Can't say I'm looking forward to Norse, even if my team rating shot up thanks to casualties getting better and skills being learned.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2011, 06:57:28 pm »

Can't say I'm looking forward to getting utterly decimated.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2011, 12:59:24 am »

Tears well up when I think of my halflings going up against a chaos team, while I have an injured treeman.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2011, 07:33:51 am »

I'd say the fact that he's the defending champion should frighten you a lot more than that he's playing a completely unskilled Chaos team.  :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2011, 09:12:21 am »

In addition, Xanatos, just yell at me on Steam when you're good to play. Pretty much can do any time I'm on.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2011, 01:03:34 pm »

I'd say the fact that he's the defending champion should frighten you a lot more than that he's playing a completely unskilled Chaos team.  :P
They're not *completely* unskilled anymore... well, technically, I guess they are, as one of the beastman has a third arm now, rather than a "skill". Beastmen don't so much learn as grow. ;-)

But, yeah, having to put two Halflings on the line with a lone treeman doesn't sound like a good time for the poor halflings.... Still, I never count stunty teams out when I play them... they're always one good series of dodge rolls away from victory!

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 3!
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2011, 01:06:46 pm »

FYI: I've started a 'fund raiser' in the Dwarf mode section about building BB fields in DF forts.  :)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96233.0

My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:03 pm »

All-Thumbs AnkleBiters vs. Kobb's Khorne

Khorne elects to kickoff. They set up with their newly-third-armed man deep, and otherwise in their normal formation.

A1: The Halflings leech a reroll, and get a quick snap. They immediately use said reroll in picking up the ball. Then a treeman immediately knocks out a beastman.

K1: Khorne manages to take both treemen down.

A2: Another reroll burned standing up a treeman. The Halflings hearts just aren't in the game yet, as all of their attempts to gang up on Beastmen lead to pushes. Finally, a halfling fails a dodge.

K2: A reroll burned on a double-skull gang-up on the treeman doesn't leave a reroll to spare when the *other* double-skull gang-up on the *other* treeman comes up. D'oh! The Chaos Warrior even managed to stun himself in the process.

A3: The halfling runner gets the ball over the midfield line.

K3: Khorne gets a treeman down, a warrior deep, and a beastman in the path of the ballcarrier.

A4: The ballcarrier moves forward a few more yards.

K4: A beastman blitz on the ball carrier knock both down, but leave the ball carrier with a pinched nerve.

A5: Another Halfling bravely steps in for the ball.

K5: A Chaos Warrior sends that Halfling out of the game.

A6: With four halflings, the Chaos Warrior is pushed off the ball, giving another halfling the chance to pick the ball up.

K6: A Chaos Warrior knocks himself down to take the ball carrier down.

A7: As is so often the case, taking one halfling down only leads three more to step up. One gets the ball.

K7: Khorne get a couple of men behind the ball carrier.

A8: The gods of Chaos see fit to again knock over a dodging halfling.

K8: Attempts for Blood for the Blood god fail.

Halftime Score: All-Thumbs AnkleBiters 0-0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: Khorne lines up in their three-arm-back formation. The Halfling Master Chef ensures that Khorne will have only 1 reroll to 6. It takes all four Chaos warriors to knock over a single halfling on the line. Three-arm manages to pick up the ball and run it forward, but muffs the pass, leading to the use of the lone reroll... followed by a muffed catch.

A9: A halfling gets thrown downfield; another picks up the ball and runs backward.

K10: A beastman takes out a halfling in a sacrificial block.

A10: The ball carrier double-dodges down the middle, and then manages to pass the ball to the awaiting receiver. All without using a reroll. An impressive play!

K11: Khorne can't get anyone to the ball carrier.

A11: The halfling runs the ball in.

K12: The halflings are finally short-handed, with only 10 players that can be fielded. The ball lands right behind the line of scrimage, with a quick snap by Khorne helping to collapse the team toward the middle of the field. Both treemen go down, while the halflings all manage to stay on their feet. The three-armed bandit gets the ball a few yards over the line of scrimmage, behind his Chaos Warrior lead blockers.

A12: An attempted blitz by a treeman fails when he refuses to stand up. The line of four halflings all try to run away... only one gets tackled.

K13: Khorne begins to set up a wall. A three die blitz by a Chaos warrior... comes up skull, both down, both down, leaving the flank of the three-armed bandit no longer protected.

A13: The treeman stands up, only to knock himself down on a beastman.

K14: A beastman knocks himself down on a halfling.

A14: A treeman knocks over the ball carrier, and a halfling comes up with the ball.

K15: A beastman attempt to free up a downfield receiver comes up double-skull.

A15: A halfling foul takes a beastman out of the game.

K16: A beastman takes the double-down hit on a halfling.

A16: Halflings score a second touchdown to end the game.

Final score: All-Thumbs AnkleBiters 2-0 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: You can't afford bad luck against a Halfling Master Chef. Sadly, the 2/3 chance of things-that-don't-knock-me-down on two dice and the 1/3 chance of a regular block both did not manage to happen, even with a high block volume. In a more developed Chaos team fielding some players with Block and/or tackle, this would have been less problematic, but there wasn't much margin for error here.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:09 pm »

Really sucks early on without rerolls for Chaos.

Of course, if you're lucky as shit like I am, you don't need rerolls. I lucked another opponent to death and will continue rolling my golden dice next week.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26