Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31133 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 2!
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2011, 11:16:49 am »

Well, they've sure got a better shot at sustaining casualties playing one another than they would playing... say, me, for example. :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

Ack, I still haven't gotten my game done.
What's your steam name, Tiny?

Oh, yeah, I've been really busy, my Steam name is 2Lab, but I'm often not on steam when I'm working, but might be able to fit in a bloodbowl game, PM on the forums will get to my email.

I'm on UK time, If I'm on steam I can play, but send me a PM with good times and we'll get it sorted.

Sorry to all for holding things up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:39:41 am by Tiny »

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

The game is done, 2-1 to the soap makers.

The orcs opened with a quick gobblin throw TD, and that was the last they saw of the ball. No one got seriously damaged, though four orcs were badly hurt by the end.

Sadly for me two of the casulties were caused by mercs and a third by the crowd, insult was added by the third merc taking MVP...bastard, so the mercs took more than half the SSPs :'(

edit: I just created a steam group called Bay12 bloodbowl, if people want to join it should make finding your opponents and getting the games set up easier.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:21:37 pm by Tiny »

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

We already have a blood bowl group that I think most people are already on.  its called B12 BloodBowl

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2011, 07:42:58 pm »

opps, I was sure I checked that one, never mind I'll get rid of my one and join the other.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2011, 08:59:08 pm »

opps, I was sure I checked that one, never mind I'll get rid of my one and join the other.

I was sure that I'd mentioned it in this thread, but it looks like if I did, I didn't mention it in the first post. But yeah, I totally think everyone should join the B12 BloodBowl group - I post the matchups every time I advance the week, and it's a good way to get your games scheduled.

Edit: Game validated. We're now just waiting on Vherid vs lordcooper.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 09:11:16 pm by AlStar »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2011, 08:50:51 am »

So does that mean we don't get to start our week 3 games this weekend?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2011, 11:12:15 am »

I can play pretty much whenever, just been struggling to catch vherid online.  Care to name a date/time dude/tte?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2011, 11:57:31 am »

I can play pretty much whenever, just been struggling to catch vherid online.  Care to name a date/time dude/tte?

Today? Are you in the steam group yet?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 04, 2011, 12:29:31 am »

Today? Are you in the steam group yet?

Yup, and that's cool with me.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:31 pm »

So... guys?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2011, 10:19:02 am »

Sorry, I got dragged off to an Ayahuasca retreat of all things.  I'll should have time to play later tonight, when I get back a job interview.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »

I've put some more thought into this, since it was last discussed a month ago. I'm thinking we should allow S3 teams to be used in S4.

I believe the primary advantage of this would be to incentivize players who may be out of playoff contention, to give them something to play for. Even if you can't win this season, you can still do well in your games and pick up additional SPPs to be better next season.

It will intimidate new players somewhat, and perhaps discourage existing players from switching races if they're unhappy with their existing team, though. New players tend to be unreliable, being unfamiliar with the time demands playing a season takes, so I'm not too fussed there -- but I'd imagine a number of players will be looking forward to starting a new team for S4, and maybe they'd like to see everyone at TV1000 then.

Any thoughts on the idea? Allowing S3 teams in S4 to improve late season reliability?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »

I've put some more thought into this, since it was last discussed a month ago. I'm thinking we should allow S3 teams to be used in S4.

I believe the primary advantage of this would be to incentivize players who may be out of playoff contention, to give them something to play for. Even if you can't win this season, you can still do well in your games and pick up additional SPPs to be better next season.

It will intimidate new players somewhat, and perhaps discourage existing players from switching races if they're unhappy with their existing team, though. New players tend to be unreliable, being unfamiliar with the time demands playing a season takes, so I'm not too fussed there -- but I'd imagine a number of players will be looking forward to starting a new team for S4, and maybe they'd like to see everyone at TV1000 then.

Any thoughts on the idea? Allowing S3 teams in S4 to improve late season reliability?

It's certainly the case that about half of the teams from S3 are going to want new teams, and will feel at a disadvantage if everyone else doesn't reroll. I think it does change how one approaches skill selections (especially for A4 teams) if they're playing for a single season, rather than the long term.

Overall, I think the start of the season is when you can get the most people on board for keeping teams between seasons, because everyone feels like they have a chance to be the big team at the end of the year.

I remain in favor of maintaining teams from season to season, of course... personally, I'd still be happy to bring my S2 orc team back, for that matter... it was the rockingest orc team I've ever built, and I miss them. :-)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:43 pm »

On my other forum, we're running two leagues: the majors and the minors.

As one can guess, the minors have new teams each time, while the majors are made up of experienced teams.

However, I don't know if we've got enough interested players here to sustain two leagues. Plus, since I've got a job again, I don't really have the time to be admin'ing three or four leagues at once, so someone else would have to do it.

If someone's up for that challenge (or, as was mentioned before, running a tourny through FUMBBL instead of this game, so you can get all those cheapskates who haven't bought the game)... go to it! I might even join in.

On other news, from messages I'm getting, it's looking like Vherid might drop out. I'll say it right now - out here in the open - Vherid: I'd rather you didn't; but if you must, just say so here on the forum and I'll put you down as byes for your opponents.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26