Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31103 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 2!
« Reply #120 on: October 25, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »

Hey Vherid, what's your name on Steam?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

And Sheer Badassery lives up to it's name, curbstomping me 3-0.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:58 pm »

And the guy with the fractured skull didn't get MVP this time!

Yet another game of "all my players are 4 ag and the dice love me".
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 25, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

The dice reeeally loved you.

THAT KICK ARGH
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2011, 03:31:40 am »

Is it just me, or are rerolling winnings not working?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2011, 08:02:24 am »

It's not that it's not working, so much as there's a bug that when the game gets validated, you get rerolled again, no matter what you chose. Sometimes this can be good, but usually it screws you out of some cash.

The devs claim they'll fix it eventually, but I think the company has almost entirely cut funding for patches.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2011, 08:48:31 am »

It's not that it's not working, so much as there's a bug that when the game gets validated, you get rerolled again, no matter what you chose. Sometimes this can be good, but usually it screws you out of some cash.

The devs claim they'll fix it eventually, but I think the company has almost entirely cut funding for patches.

They cut funding to patches?

Now if I remember correctly. If the game was successful and they cut funding to patches. That means they are planning an expansion.

At least that is how EA does things (Actually EA is a bit more complex)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2011, 09:07:45 am »

It's been regularly screwing me. :( Thanks for the explanation, though.

As for patches, well... what is left to expand to? The remaining four teams and all the star players? Dunno if they could sell that. I assumed they consider the game close enough to being finished that they're just done with it.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:36 am »

Huh.

That explains why my winnings were 50k but I only actually have 10k in the treasury.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:43 pm »

NKid and I just tried to play out game, but it was throwing port errors at us even after firewall tinkering. We're planning to re-try later in the week but I thought I'd go ahead and let folks know we're having troubles.

On a grimmer note, I took a look at my roster and realized that I'm going in two players down before the chaos blocktrain hits my team. At this rate I'm worried that I'm going to get stuck with a skill-less and undersize team with no real hope of attaining sufficient funds to recover. Further, it seems that while my players have decent stats they lack most of the game's key skills which makes my very low current and projected SPP gains a serious problem. Is it too early to drop out for having an untenable team? Should I stick it out longer? Either way, I'll try to get week 2 played before I finalize any prospective surrenders.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:24:23 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2011, 09:09:36 pm »

There's always Journeymen if you're below eleven men, but they have Loner by default.

I think it's more interesting to stick it out, because between winnings and inducements against some of the less smashy teams, and you can still outplay teams even with less men. I mean, shit, I had five casualties of a thirteen-strong team in my first game, and there could have easily been a lot more MNGs or cripples than there was.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:46 am »

On a grimmer note, I took a look at my roster and realized that I'm going in two players down before the chaos blocktrain hits my team. At this rate I'm worried that I'm going to get stuck with a skill-less and undersize team with no real hope of attaining sufficient funds to recover. Further, it seems that while my players have decent stats they lack most of the game's key skills which makes my very low current and projected SPP gains a serious problem. Is it too early to drop out for having an untenable team? Should I stick it out longer? Either way, I'll try to get week 2 played before I finalize any prospective surrenders.

This is the tricky part to running one of the fragile, high AGL teams... early losses can feel nearly unrecoverable.

However, something to keep in mind is that with most of the finesse teams (and with the Wood Elves, especially), you can score insanely easily. As long as you can field 5 men, you are a scoring threat (and, in some team cases, a 1-turn scoring threat).

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:55 am »

There's always Journeymen if you're below eleven men, but they have Loner by default.

Also known as "line fodder".

edit: I check my personal messages. All the time. I swear.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:01:09 am by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2011, 11:25:05 am »

This is the tricky part to running one of the fragile, high AGL teams... early losses can feel nearly unrecoverable.

However, something to keep in mind is that with most of the finesse teams (and with the Wood Elves, especially), you can score insanely easily. As long as you can field 5 men, you are a scoring threat (and, in some team cases, a 1-turn scoring threat).

You're fine, man. You've got one lineman reduced to AV7 and one MNG. That's pretty trivial, cause linemen are expendable as hell. That Thrower with MVP can get one completion next game and pick up a leader reroll.

Chaos teams at TV 1000 can't really bash that much, since they have a critical lack of skills. After that it's a Dark Elf team, which isn't too bashy. The two Assassins are a bit curious, though. After that a Lizardman team which will still be hurting for skills, too. You've got 50k in the bank, you'll be able to buy another Catcher soon, or another reroll if you'd rather that.

Waaaaay too early to give up, man.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2011, 01:27:13 pm »

One all between the All-Thumbs Anklebiters and the Sahagin Stormers, a match filled with fumbles and halfling blood... and some rather slick dodging skills.

The referee, Snaga Cardthrowa, disappeared shortly after the match, although the Sahagin Stormers refuse to comment on the matter.

And now, a summary.

STO-1 - After electing to kick-off, the Sahagins start out poorly, after Mejj the Serpentskinned gets punched in the scaly nads by a rather daring Rankfeet and drops like a very big sack of potatoes. Thankfully not like a very big sack of potatoes in that the halflings didn't decide to peel and carve him up for lunch.
ANK-1 - Albino is picked up by one of the imposing treemen and sent hurtling downfield, only to land face-first on the ball, while the rest of the halfling line shifts straight onto the offensive.
STO-2 - Getting back up, Mejj concusses Murderdeath the First with a punch to the face, although elsewhere Kwee manages to prove his inept skills by failing to pick up a ball lying unguarded on the pitch.
ANK-2 - Threeskull takes root, but that doesn't stop him from picking up and lobbing Manho downfield towards the ball... but the attempt goes about as well as the first. Halfbaked, on the other hand, makes a daring sprint, but only trips on an errant burger-carton left after the pre-prematch meal meal and gets put out for the rest of the match.
STO-3 - Garr stuns Cottonmouth with a face full of skink, while Kwee actually picks up the ball. Mazz is surprised when the ball is thrust into his awaiting claws, and promptly lets it drop like a stone onto the astrogranite.
ANK-3 - Manho, halfling extraordinaire, slips in front of Mazz to snatch the ball from the rather stupefied skink, while Rankfeet botches a treeman-assisted descent and puts him out for the match. At this point, the number of halflings on the pitch is rapidly dwindling, and only gets smaller when Vorr the Sharktoothed smashes Dumbluck with a tackle that puts him into the casualties box.
STO-4 - Mejj puts Manho down with a knockout punch, but Vorr doesn't exactly do justice to the lizardmen side by braining himself on one of Seedbrain's branches.
ANK-4 - The halfling defence works on pushing back Mazz, but Kneehigh lunges in only to let the ball go bouncing away.
STO-5 - Jarr shoves Kneehigh back while Mazz recovers and snatches the ball away, bolting within sniffing distance of the endzone as the rest of the team work on slowing down any pursuers... as if halflings weren't slow enough already.
ANK-5 - Saying "fuck it" to the escaping Mazz, the halfling defence proceeds on trying to bring the lizardmen down, pushing Sevv to the ground before a multitude of oversized furry feet start kicking and beating the stricken skink.
STO-6 - Mazz makes a sure-footed dive for the endzone and scores, planting the ball safely and pushing the Sahagin Stormers one touchdown ahead.
ANK-6 - Kwee kicks the ball practically straight to Reddick, while the two treemen, Seedbrain and Threeskulls, knock around the muscle of the stormers. Reddick also fails to do anything worthwhile, stepping forward and failing to do anything interesting with the ball, like, oh, say pick it up.
STO-7 - Kwee and Tyrr drop back, expecting a halfling lob upfield, but Seedbrain has more than a few branches broken when Vorr takes him out of the match, and the next one, with a powerful block. Jarr, on the flipside, is not so fortunate, barely able to push the other treeman around.
ANK-7 - Cottonmouth grabs the ball, which is a rare sight between two stunty teams, but Bilboggins decides that the ground is preferable to actually beating down a skink.
STO-8 - With no way to actually score in the time remaining, the lizardmen resort to a more defensive position... at least, they would have, if Sevv didn't decide to take himself out.
ANK-8 - Another surrepticious kick from a halfling leads to more trampled digits for the downed Sevv, but an unexpected block leaves them one man down as the half draws to a close, the skinks one-nil ahead.

ANK-9 - Kwee kicks off once more, and all-but gives the ball directly to Manho with an atrocious kick into the skink's own half. Mano proceeds to charge through the gap the Stormers conspicuously leave, and Sevv once more eats astrogranite.
STO-9 Rankdeer gets smashed in the face by Mejj, while Garr slams into Manho bodily, if ineffectually. The rest of the skink line once more drops back, expecting some more confusion on what was the ball and what was a player by the remaining treeman, Threeskulls.
ANK-10 - The skink defensive gets shoved around, as Manho settles next to Threeskull and a lot of fat, hungry midgets decide to use Takk as a trampoline. A twitching, angry, scaled trampoline.
STO-10 - The defensive skinks drop back once more, unable to actually reach Manho in the throng of bodies. Their tactic switches to smashing and preventing any daring escapes to the touchline, which goes about as well as one might expect.
ANK-11 - Manho, making a name for himself, slips away from the rest of the scrum with the ball, while the remainder of the halfling team slips similarly out to provide support. The sauruses are rather unhappy, tied up by a treeman as they focus on bringing him down.
STO-11 - Takk takes himself out on a treeman as a rather underwhelming defence play abounds on the Sahagin Stormer's side.
ANK-12 - Manho pushes to the rather undefended sideline, not letting the skinks have any opening under a wall of grease-stained uniforms and fat, even as the touchline looms ever nearer.
STO-12 - A torrent of frustrated skinks surge forward, looking to pin in Manho to the sideline between a mass of intimidating blue muscle.
ANK-13 - Albino drops Vorr, and subsequently gets beaten around by cooking utensils, depriving skinks of muscle at a rather vital time. The crowd, on the other hand, love the wanton abuse of the rules.
STO-13 - Despite continued attempts, Threeskull refuses to topple, but Tyrr still evades the pudge hands of the opposition to stun Bilboggins and put the pressure on a rather calm Manho.
ANK-14 - Manho evades all comers, bolting towards the endzone as fast as his halfling feet can carry him. Which, really, is not actually that fast.
STO-14 - Sevv knocks out Albino, but Garr gets dropped by Manho in a rather risky blitz that leaves the ball unmarked and the touchdown in sight for the halfling side.
ANK-15 - Manho presumably struts the last few yards, waving the ball about like a trophy before dropping it down on the endzone to equalise with barely any time remaining.
STO-15 - Overcome by the touchdown and support for the halfling side, the crowd riots and the referee lets the clock run on, pushing the time too close for the Sahagin Stormers to even consider pulling ahead. Disgruntled and angry, the sauruses on the line of scrimmage knock around the halflings, before converging on their true target as the whistle blows and the game is called, one-all, in a game the lizardmen really needed to win.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 01:29:14 pm by Charmander »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26