Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31088 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 1!
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2011, 12:28:26 pm »

Glad to see my next opponent get smacked silly. Always nice. Except for them, of course.

As for the match, well... touchdowns were scored, feelings were hurt, elves were hurt, backs were broken and skulls were cracked, in the end a victor declared and the most valuable player was the guy with the broken neck!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

This game is cursed, I swear. Most people dropped out the last league and I was gonna sign up for this one a week and a half ago and my power supply dropped out on me later that day. Rawr! XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Phillnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 19, 2011, 02:14:35 am »

Hey there all

Is it to late to join the league

If yes im and ogre player myself.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 19, 2011, 04:03:17 am »

Unfortunately, the league is already underway. You just missed the start date. :(
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2011, 08:18:04 am »

Looks like we might need 2 divisions for the next season if all of these people actually play. I am buying the correct version in November, too many big games launching in OCtober and november!!!!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28:52 am »

You say too many, I say enough 8)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2011, 10:46:47 am »

... Yeah, I know that feeling. I missed the start of second season by a few weeks once I realised how close this was to the tabletop.

Oh, well.

Still need to play my game, though...

Phillnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

Damn

Well looks like i get to keep practicing

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:10 pm »

Dark Vertibrae win 3-0 over The Smash 'ems.

I'll just give it point form - Tres_Huevos can give a move in-depth report if he likes.

Orcs win the toss, choose to kick. Undead recieves a good kick far in the backfield. A ghoul picks it up and hands off to the other ghoul, who runs it forward. Around turn 4 or 5, it's run in. Kick to the Orcs. After a skirmish, which BH's the gobbo ballcarrier, the other ghoul picks up the ball, runs it in on turn 8.

Second half, kick to the Orcs. They fail to pick it up twice in a row, and are set upon by Undead players. Finally they manage to pick it up and dodge away... only to be thrown off the side of the field. Ball is thrown in deep in the Undead half. A major fight breaks out over the ball, but in the end a ghoul picks it up, passes it to the other ghoul, who runs it in on turn 16.

During this time, two zombies suffered SIs (MNG and -MV), both failed regen.
Also during this time, the gobbo took a BH and an Orc thrower was SI'd (MNG, I think.)

Good game Tres_Huevos!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2011, 07:02:07 pm »

Kobb's Khorne v. The Cthulian Crushers

Kobb's Khorne kick off in a fully-on-the-line formation. The humans, intimidated by the sheer volume of horns, elect a more defensive posture, with 3 men on the line.

C1:  The humans pick up the ball and march it nearer to the midfield and also manage to knock over a beastman.
K1: A Chaos blocker goes for a block and gets a double skulls. Thinking better of it, he tries again, and gets double knockdowns.
C2: Seizing the oppertunity, the Crushers knock over a beastman and run the ball to the left hand side of the midfield.
K2: Khorne get a few men on the ballcarrying blitzer, and knock over a human.
C3: The Crushers knock over three beastmen and a chaos warrior, but do not advance the ball.
K3: With the Crushers on the sideline, the beastmen manage to block two out of bounds, hurting one. The crowd also throws the ball across the field. Khorne doesn't have a play for it, but does its best to get into the tackle zones of the humans who might, including one thrower who was coming around the wing.
C4: The thrower gets to the ball, picks it up, aims for a catcher running downfield... and fumbles it.
K4: Another couple of Crushers go out of bounds, and the Crushers thrower is taken down. However, a double-double-skull takes the last reroll Khorne has.
C5: A failed dodge leads to a KO.
K5: Another double-skull ends the Khorne turn.
C6: The thrower, now free of any worries, lofts the ball to the catcher, who runs it down the pitch. Rather than taking the score, the humans elect to try for carnage.
K6: A double-both-down loads a beastman trying to knock a sidelined blitzer off the pitch and instead KO himself.
C7: A quick foul gets a player ejected.
K7: Khorne goes for a 3-die block to make sure the blitzer is actually knocked off the pitch this time.
C8: The Crushers run their thrower in.
K8: The Crushers get their 9 men onto the pitch, and put the requisite 3 on the front line. Khorne again gets a double-down.

Halftime Score: Crushers 1 - 0 Khorne

K9: Khorne has an 11-9 manpower advantage. The Crushers put three on the line; Khorne puts on 9. The Crusher line goes down, the ball is picked up.
C9: A retaliation knocks over a chaos warrior.
K10: Khorne pushes a catcher out of the way, make a throw, and advance the ball to within a few yards of the end zone.
C10: The Crushers get a few men on the ball carrier.
K11: Khorne makes a blitz, a dodge, and score the touchdown.
C11: Khorne go with their Full Frontal Brutality again; the Crushers again have 11 players on the pitch. The Crushers pick up a short kick and get it beside left-hand sideline near midfield, with a wall supporting his side.
K12: A Chaos Warrior knocks over the ball carrier, sending the ball into the fans, who send it to the other side of the field, behind the Beastmen. Another Chaos Warrior finally scores another injury on the Crushers. Sadly, the beastman attempting to pick up the ball has butterfingers.
C12: A thrower attempting to get the ball also has butterfingers.
K13: The beastmen knock over the thrower, pick up the ball, and send a perfect pass forward to a Chaos Warrior, who stands there and lets it hit him in the chest.
C13: A blitzer attempting to pick up the ball sends it into the now-paying-attention-Chaos-Warrior's hands.
K14: Khorne runs the Chaos warrior forward, knocking over any nearby humans.
C14: A thrower and catcher dodge backward for deep support.
K15: Khorne manages their first kill of the match. They also get a wall on their ball carrying Chaos Warrior.
C15: The Crushers attempt at a one-die block on one of the defending beastmen goes badly, even with a reroll.
K16: Khorne gets the touchdown.
C16: A failed block.

Final Score: Kobb's Khorne 2 - 1 The Cthulian Crushers

Thoughts: RNG and I were not friends in the first half, and I was lucky that the positional game kept me only down a single TD. lordcooper's smushing up his line along the sideline was one of the few things that kept me in the first half, as it allowed me to get several of them out of the rest of the half. The second half was more of what I think of as the Chaos powergame... they can pass to gain field position, and are difficult to knock over once they have a defense set up.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2011, 07:15:52 pm »

Essentially, I got utterly thrashed :p
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2011, 07:24:49 pm »

Essentially, I got utterly thrashed :p
Don't sell yourself short, 2-1 is hardly a thrashing, and I suspect you learned a lot from the experience... that will be worth its weight in gold coins. :-)

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

Also during this time, the gobbo took a BH and an Orc thrower was SI'd (MNG, I think.)

I'm not happy about how little damage you did there, you should have at least crippled a blitzer or black orc, what do you pay your mummies for :P

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2011, 10:30:37 am »

Not much, apparently - despite making a bunch of blocks with them, the best they managed was a KO. Both CAS were done by my wights (one each, actually, which is good, since then they can gain a level by getting MVP.)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2011, 01:20:54 am »

So, which games are we still waiting on?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26