Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31089 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 1!
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2011, 02:13:57 pm »

Remember turn order discipline. Stand up, then safe moves, then safe blocks, then risky moves and blocks.

Unless someone laying down is important for a play you plan that turn, stand them up immediately. Tackle zones and block assists are essential.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »

Has the Chaos player started a new team, or ported an existing one?
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2011, 02:22:12 pm »

It's new teams only AFAIK.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:32 pm »

Also, go here. http://bbtactics.com/ Some good articles on strategy, and loads of good stuff about player development.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »

Would it be possible to get everyone's timezones added to the list in the OP?  It'd probably be pretty useful when trying to catch each other.

I'm BST (GMT +1) until the 30th, when it'll be switching over to GMT.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2011, 10:31:26 pm »

My winning team from season 2 are Orcs, so this group of Chaos is new. I'd've preferred my orcs, but you guys wanted me to go new, so I did. :-)

I'm EDT, switching to EST come November sometime, as I remember.... DST always throws me off. (I love TLAs!)

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2011, 03:35:12 pm »

The Lutefisk Legion draws 1-1 against Soapmakers United.

SO MUCH BLOOD.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:30 pm »

Well the season begins with a match between Lutefisk Legion (Norse) and Soapmakers Untited (Dawrves).

It was a bloodbath, the first casulty was a blocker who skull got fractured, the a dwarf runner was just a bit injured. The reply was the brutal killing of a norse beserker. despite the cusulties the heroic soapmakers held back the norse offence and the first half ended without any points scored.

Two dawrf blockers who had been knocked out during the first half didn't wake up for the dawarves offence, so the were only 7 players to make the attack. Attack they did though, a troll slayer quickly killed the Yeti of the legion in exhcange for a blitzer getting his hip smashed. somehow the remaining dwarves got the ball to the endzone to take a 1-0 lead.

There was still plenty of time on the clock though, and the two KO'd blockers decided to stay lying down rather than faced the enraged norsemen (cowards!). While desperately trying to hold off the raging norse the heroic yeti slayer was himself killed by a lowley lineman, the four or five dwarves who remained couldn't hold the Lutefisk Legion off and a touch down was scored.

A 1-1 draw, the Legion lost a beserker and their Yeti, The Soapmakers lost a troll slayer, a blitzer had his hip smashed and a blocker had his skull fractured.

That's bloodbowl for ya'

(the order of just who got crippled when maybe wrong, it was hectic)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:48:58 pm by Tiny »

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2011, 05:00:16 pm »

My team is doomed.

DOOMED I SAY.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2011, 06:03:07 pm »

I bet a XxPig tail fiber SockxX the dwarves win the whole bloody thing.
I'm rootin' for ya, Tiny!
...Said Bloxace.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2011, 06:48:14 pm »

Well on the upside, I've enough cash now to hire a chief medical dwarf and the Yeti tallow soap will last a while.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 09:44:17 pm »

Game's been validated.

I will certainly agree that was a bloody match. Ouch, for both teams.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2011, 09:10:38 am »

Words
So two of the league's block-happy teams managed to lose expensive, powerful players in the very first match? I may yet have a chance!

I don't think I've ever seen that many deaths in one match. Nuffle is a wrathful god.
... and then it explodes!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2011, 09:23:36 am »

Words
So two of the league's block-happy teams managed to lose expensive, powerful players in the very first match? I may yet have a chance!

I don't think I've ever seen that many deaths in one match. Nuffle is a wrathful god.
Especially against those who don't wear proper armor. Remember, kids: always wear protection!

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2011, 12:24:58 pm »

I just finished my game. It was the most disgraceful failure (4-nil). Though I can take solace in the fact that several of my many, many turnovers resulted from failing 2+ pickup rolls. 3 times in a row, even. Flavor post to come when I am less terminally depressed.
... and then it explodes!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26