Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31031 times)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 7!
« Reply #330 on: January 24, 2012, 12:45:09 am »

Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers  SET TO 2-0
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United - approved - it seemed like you guys played most of your game.
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs  drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters  SET TO 2-0
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain SET TO 1-1

End of week!

Week 10!

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters (BOTH BYE)
(BYE)Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae
Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery
(BYE)Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs  vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII

edit:
Dark Vertibrae wins over Foot-The-Ball Legion VII in a bloody, silly match 2-0

I'll let HL go into details if he wants, but the long and the short of it is that I managed to maim most of his team in the first half, and spent the entire second half trying to pass the ball to a mummy (and failing.)

He got some good hits in back (and had just tons and tons of good 1d hits), but all three CAS he scored (including a death on one of my wights) were regen'd. The death on his Blitzer, however, stuck.

Some times the dice favor you, and sometimes they don't... and sometimes you find that you're going up against a stronger, more leveled team 5 to 11 players, and you've just got to see the writing on the wall.

Good game HL.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:53:00 am by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 10!
« Reply #331 on: January 24, 2012, 01:22:47 am »

It's time for VIDEO GAMES!

Glad my last week is a bye, so if I have anyone miss next game they'll be rested.

Spoiler: Playoffs! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 01:26:21 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 24, 2012, 01:03:34 pm »

Alright, Kanil, help me out here and beat your wooden brethren!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 24, 2012, 05:23:48 pm »

Elf vs Elf games are pretty unpredictable and chaotic... but also lots of fun! I'll try my best, but you should probably be cheering for Tiny's Soapmakers instead.  :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 24, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »

Elf vs Elf games are pretty unpredictable and chaotic... but also lots of fun! I'll try my best, but you should probably be cheering for Tiny's Soapmakers instead.  :P
Oh, I can cheer for them the week after, don't worry... my support is capricious. :-)

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:30 pm »

HLBeta is unfortunately eliminated from contention.
This is my first try at BB league play and that's more or less what I expected. Though I went into this expecting less experienced players and therefor felt safe choosing my team based on novelty. Probably a mistake in hindsight.

On a side note, I've failed more ball pickups in this league than I'd ever seen prior to this even though I habitually play dwarves. The dice seem to have been trying pretty hard to end me.
... and then it explodes!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2012, 02:38:41 pm »

That's my regular season over. Sheer Badassery 3, w00t w00t 1.

HLBeta: Hopefully you'll sign up next season, and play a team that you're more comfortable with and have some more fun.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

w00t w00t vs Sheer Badassery

Wood elves has an injured thrower so they buy a mercenary. also they have injured lineman and catcher
they choose to recieve

Wood elves merc thrower has somehow gone missing from the first drive. some bug i suspect.

W1: a lineman has to throw the ball, and fails dispite reroll

E1: go crazy on the blocks and gets good position around the ball

W2: throws sopme good blocks and gets the ball and runs to the left

E2: knocks out elves left and right on the right side, so mostly right. both wardancers go down!!!
blitzes and gets the carrier! and gets the ball!

W3: wood elves swarm the carrier and dodges a guy up the field.

E3: a few blocks and the carrier is away and safely caged on the right side

W4: knocks out a catcher.
chips away at the cage and gets 2 elves next to the carrier

E4: gets a wardancer down.
pushes a lineman out of the pitch knocking him out.
knocks down the elves next to the carrier.

W5: a wardancer rolls a skull.

E5: elf on elf pushing action. and some downs

W6: a wardancer tries to dodge... BUT DIES!!!!!!!! the doctor manages to save her though, she gotta be more carefull in the future.

E6: another injury! this time not so serious
AND TOUCHDOWN!!!

1-0 to the Badasses

W7-8: the ref lets the clock run, scquashing the woot elves dreams fourther...
Treeman gets an cas on a thrower!
and the thrower decides to show up.

E9: woot elves only has 10 players on the field now.
Quick snap!
first blitz gets a KO
second and third gets a knock down

W9: mr. smartypants(a lineman with block and dodge that thinks his better than everybody) runs right next to the thrower!

E10: no matter, he just dodges away and throws the ball.
it is clear sailing for td from here on.
lineman goes down
a lineman tries to dodge, but is badly injured by the tree

W10: wardancer gets a cas.
 catcher gets a broken neck, the doctor tries to fix him, but onlky make it worse.
total dommination on the right side... just too bad the ball is on the left :(
some guys get up close and personal on the left side, but can't seem to punch through the blitzers

E11: throws the ball and runs it in.
TOUCHDOWN!

2-0 to the badass

the badasses leaves a huge hole in the middle of the line

w11: mr smartypants gets a rock to the face.
the middle is crushed and 4 elves and the ball runs through the centre.

E12: catcher gets besides the carrier with a GFI and reroll.
a blitzer stuns the carrier
another blitzer gets the ball

W12: some very tricky dodging gets the carrier down, and some more doging and 3 GFI with a catcher gets the ball to the End Zone!
TD!!!!

2- 1

W has 9 players
E has 8

E14: knocks out a wardancer, and runs the ball with a cage to the woot half of the pitch.

W14: elves swarm the cage and stuns a corner.

E15: catcher blitzes and dodges to the endzone where the carrier throws him the ball.
TD!

3-1 to the badasses

Riot, AGAIN!
no more room for TD, GG
W15-16: but not before making another cas with the tree

Match end 3-1 to the elves

this was a rolfstomp from the getgo, in the end the elves took a lot of casualties which kinda evened out the game.
but i was seriously outclassed, before having 3 injuries for the game.

everything was against me this game, all the Kickoff rolls were against me, and 2 riots cutting down my 2 turns to score, to 1.

add all this to playing the number 1 team in the league, and you got yourself one serious roflstomping.

i did make 4 casses though, so thats pretty cool.
my wardancer got a nigling injure, so that sucks.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 29, 2012, 01:35:42 pm »

... I had a chance to actually win against a team I can outspeed by a large margin and still get beaten down harder than a red-haired skaven runt.

I'm going to drink before my team decides to rip me apart and eat what remains, because my only wins have either been the two byes or a disconnect that I would have drawn...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:39:29 pm by Charmander »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 29, 2012, 09:39:21 pm »

You are third in the league by touchdowns for, and a lot of your games were draws or one TD losses, I dare say you performed better than your results might suggest.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2012, 01:18:31 am »

The match certainly wasn't a walkover.

A 2-1 match with the winning touchdown scored in my 16th turn and one dwarf blocker getting his skull fractured.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs  vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
I think this makes the Norse-High Elves matchup the last one before we can get to the last week of the final season. Any ETA?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 01, 2012, 09:28:55 am »

I think this makes the Norse-High Elves matchup the last one before we can get to the last week of the final season. Any ETA?

Going to echo ndkid here - you guys are the last game that needs to be played this week. Could we get some feedback if you've got a time/date set up?

I'm looking to move the week forward by this weekend.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 01, 2012, 11:55:26 am »

Going to echo ndkid here - you guys are the last game that needs to be played this week. Could we get some feedback if you've got a time/date set up?

I'm looking to move the week forward by this weekend.
We've made contact through Steam, but had some trouble getting synched up. I have a day off work coming up soon, so it's pretty likely we can get the match played before the weekend.

EDIT: Game is played, we're good to go.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:40:12 pm by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 03, 2012, 05:49:02 pm »

lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters SET TO 1-1
(BYE)Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae SET TO 0-2
(BYE)Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne SET TO 0-2

End of week!

Week 11!

(BYE)lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion
Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery vs Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems (BYE)
Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t
AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain (BOTH BYE)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26