Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31032 times)

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 7!
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2012, 10:03:57 am »

ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United

In advance, I want to apologize if I end up dragging my feet this week. I'm participating in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_Mystery_Hunt, which pretty much sucks up my entire weekend. I already have gaming plans tonight, so I'm less flexible than usual. I've already emailed Tiny asking about his availability, but I can't rule out being the guy who needs more than a week for once. Sorry!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39:38 am »

I SWEAR I WILL HAVE PICTURES

I'M SORRY

TIME, WHY MUST YOU ELUDE ME SO

Also, oh fuck, wood elves.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2012, 08:22:38 pm »

i see my recent 4-0 victory has instilled fear in my opponents!

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »

Heading into the match, TAB got doubles, getting him Pass, and NATAB got +1STR. I can't complain!

Kobb's Khorne vs. Soapmakers United

S1: Khorne elects to kick off, and, against dwarves, finally gets a chance to return to Full Frontal Brutality. The minotaur kicks the ball high, allowing the runner to get under it, who boffs the catch. The dwarves knock out the beastmen on the edges, and a Troll Slayer takes out a Chaos warrior on the end of the line. Then the runner boffs the pickup rolls as well.
K1: NATAB injures a dwarf on his first block with the new muscles. TAB and a friend run around the end of the line into the Dwarven backfield.
S2: A troll slayer sends a beastman off the pitch. The return runner gets the ball in hand this time, and hands it to the agility runner, who heads toward the banged-up side of the Khorne line.
K2: A couple of dwarves get knocked over, TAB and friend run back to midfield, and Khorne starts to focus on the side of the pitch where the block-fest is obviously going to happen.
S3: A blitzer knocks over NATAB.
K3: A dwarf gets knocked out, getting a Chaos Warrior beside the ball-carrier in the process.
S4: The runner breaks back away from the main action, falling slightly farther behind the line of scrimmage in the process. A blitzer comes and knocks over the Chaos warrior in the way.
K4: TAB gets beside the ball-carrier. Four Khorne players stand back up.
S5: TAB gets stunned by a blitzer. The ball-carrier heads yet deeper into his own backfield.
K5: A beastman sends a troll slayer into the stands. A chaos warrior gets beside the ball-carrier.
S6: The runner dodges away from the warrior, back toward the busy side of the pitch.
K6: A Chaos warrior breaks the hand of the ball-carrier. Khorne swarms around the ball.
S7: Some pushes.
K7: TAB picks up the ball and races toward the end zone. A couple of beastmen flank him.
S8: A blitzer fails to dodge away.
K8: TAB runs the ball in right before halftime.

Halftime Score: Kobb's Khorne 1 - 0 Soapmakers United

K9: TAB goes back from the FFB to receive the kick. The dwarves blitz. TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to NATAB, who runs it past the defensive dwarves, along with several beastmen behind him to defend. Khorne's front three knock down the three front dwarves.
S9: A fireball hurls onto the pitch, stunning the Chaos warrior who was the third defender of NATAB's run down the pitch. A blitzer dodges around the defenders to get beside NATAB.
K10: A beastmen knocks over the blitzer, and NATAB runs the ball in.
S10: Khorne lines up back in FFB. The dwarves line nobody up deep to take the ball. Then, they walk off the pitch.

Final Score (?): Kobb's Khorne 2 - 0 Soapmakers United

Thoughts: In the first half, a lot of this came down to Tiny burning through rerolls faster than I did, I think. He cut me down to four, meaning we were equal. It didn't help that the dwarves were usually on the defensive, and while they have the armor edge, they took two injuries in the first half while I sustained none. (Despite Tiny doing fairly well with 1-die blocks.) At the start of the second half, the dwarves left room open on their flank for a runner to get through, which made it fairly easy to push a score through. Then Tiny had a phone call, and said he couldn't finish the match. I leave it to Commish AlStar to decide how to handle it.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:56 am »

Handle it how you like. I shouln't have played the match then as I was waiting for news of how my nephews surgery went, it didn't go well.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 13, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »

Sorry to hear that, well wishes to your nephew.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:25 am »

Real life stuff always comes before bloodbowl

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 17, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »

So, has there been any movement by anyone to get games played? I haven't seen any updates on this page in a while, so I'm guessing nobody has played...

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 17, 2012, 03:41:18 pm »

HLBeta and I were supposed to play over the weekend, but some real-life stuff messed up HL's schedule, so it didn't work out.

We're (hopefully) going to be playing tonight.

edit: some connection problems, so we're going to try again tonight (the 18th)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:57:44 am by AlStar »

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2012, 05:34:32 pm »

I'll be back in normal dwarfy form for my my next game.

With my nephew..He got hit by a car, and was close to death, the call I got during my match was that he'd live but whould probaly lose both legs (harsh for anyone let alone a four year old). but heroic doctors have done their thing, the little guy will keep his legs, He'll never be a ballerina but \o/.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »

That's good to hear, I wish him a speedy recovery and good functionality in his legs.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 19, 2012, 11:53:27 am »

Last night's game with AlStar didn't get to happen on account of my network cutting out every five minutes for reasons I have not yet identified. Hopefully I can get that cleared up once I'm home again and we can play tonight.
... and then it explodes!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:33 pm »

I am sorry.

I am a terrible individual.

Ank, yell at me when you see this. Or me.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 21, 2012, 05:09:24 pm »

Ank - Wood Elves VS Charmander - Lizards

The lizards are plaid no less than 310K to play the game against the veteran elves.
They buy a master chef
The Elves win the toss and elect to receive.
Lizards Halfling chef steals all the rerolls!
W1:Lots o blocking from the elves, manages to knock out one Saurus. the Elves pass the ball to the right, and a catcher makes a run for it alone.
L1: Skinks swarm the ballcarrier and takes him out, then picks up the ball.
W2: 3 blocks mannages to get one saurus down, nothing else happens. the Elves set themselfes up for deffending.
L2: some shoving... a lineman gets stunned. the carriers runs to the middle of the lizards field. lots of skinks make a cage.
W3: a catcher tries to blitz a skink and rolls a skull.
L3: carrier runs down the right side, to midfield and hands it off to a waiting skink, which runs for it AND IT SCORES!!!!!!!!!
The crowd goes wild!

1-0 to the slimy lizards

Saurus fails to wake up.

But perfect defence happens, and the lizards reorganize.... poorly.
W4: Starts off by injuring a skink. then knocks a ew skinks a sauruses down. dodges a catcher right past a saurus, stetting up for td next turn.

L4: uses 2 skinks to blitz the catcher, but just shoves him around. a saurus KO's a wardancer! oh the hummanity.
W5: knocks over a few skinks then blitzes down the middle with a lineman to help the catcher. he knocks down a skink, and the thrower launches the ball - INTERCEPTION! the other skink caught the ball! Amazing play!

L5: The skink with the ball dodges away to left midfield, and throws the ball with the help of a reroll to another skink, which runs for the TD.

W6: a lineman dodges away to blitz the carrier, but fractures his knee in the process

L6: an elf gets knocked into the crowd, but survives. the lizards throw a few more blocks, then scores!

2 - 0 to the lizards... the Elven hopes of the playoffs are going up in smoke

The Saurus fails to get up again

W7: two turns are enough for a td, is an old elven saying.
They set up all on the right side, hoping to push a quick td
cheering fans give the lizards more rerolls.
the elves run through the right middle, and 5 get through, but the thrower fails picking up the ball. but the elves are still in a position to score next round.

L7: A saurus blitzes but falls over on a GFI.

W8: The thrower finally pick up the ball and launches it. a perfect catch!
The catcher runs it in!

2 - 1 to the lizards

The Saurus wakes up.

L8: The elves set up in scared backline tactic.
It starts to rain!
The lizards shoves a coule of linemen around, then falls down on a GFI.

Half Time!
2 - 1 to the lizards

The elves set up in a pretty straig forward defence, with 3 on the line, and everybody else 1 step behind.
The chef steals all the rerolls again!
In revenge a fan throws a rock at a saurus.
Touchback!
L9: the lizards knocks down an elf and shoves some more.

W9: the tree kinocks down a saurus, and a wardancer leaps for the carrier, but falls down.

L10: some shoving ocours, and the ball slips in the skinks hands.

W10: a wardancer tries to blitz a saurus, but double skulls!

L11: a hero skink picks up the ball in the rain, then blitzes and knocks down a lineman. the skinks foul, those bastards!

W11: a wardancer blitzes the carrier and get him, but fails to pick up the ball!!!

L12: shoves the wardancer, then picks up the ball and runs in the TD!

3 - 1 to the lizards.

The wood elf coach goes to the coach complaining the obviously the skinks were using some kind of illegal super glue!
everyone gets a reroll, so for the first time woot woot has a reroll!
The elves sets up for right agression again

W12: a wardancer blitzes and injures a skink!
a lineman knocks out another!
thrower pidcks up with RR and passes to a catcher who runs through a hole in the middle. 5 elves follow him and make a cage.

L: 13 skinks swarm to the cage and a saurus blitzes a corner. a lineman goes down. a skink gets help from 4 firends and KO's a wardancer.

W13: a quick block and the carrier is free to dodge to the homeline. TD!!!!!

3 - 2 to the lizards

Defence thingy gives the elves a free turn, 2 wardancers jumps over the line and blitzes a skink. a catcher tries to dodge past a skink with diving tackle and he is hit in the groin. the doctor says it's this or death.

L14: the lizards does something while i was typing the above.

W14: a wood elf blitzes a skink, picks up the ball and scores!!!!

3 - 3 OMGWTFBBQ!!

Perfect defence! the elves move close to the line, since they outnumber the lizards in midfield.

L15: The thrower goes down and gets a broken jaw!
a wardancer goes down to a saurus
a skink finally fails a pickup!

W15:  a wardancer jumps over the line and blitzes the skink next to the ball.
 some good blocks in the middle.
another wardancer jumps over but falls down

L16: 3 skinks dodge away and blitz the wardancer. they shove him and take the ball
TD is out of reach for lizards now, will they just chug the ball and hope for the best?
they kock down 2 elves in mid, and 1 KO. but does nothing with the ball

W16: some elves come to help.
the wardancer blitz the carrier and gets him down, but the ball falls the other way. so he runs for the line and wait for a throw.
a lineman tries to dodge away to throw the ball, but he falls over.

GG

3 - 3
Epic match!

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 21, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »

... I was amazed I didn't lose, after being amazed I was winning.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26