Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26

Author Topic: Bloodbowl Season 3: Dark Vertibrae Wins!  (Read 31051 times)

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodbowl Season 3: Week 7!
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2011, 11:35:58 pm »

I'm never going to get to play...
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »

And I thought the 20 days since my last game was bad...

Who's your week 8 opponent? Someone reliable?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Tiny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2011, 12:36:57 pm »

"Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters SET TO 1-1 (Tiny, you should've done everything in your power to get this game played. This is the game that all dwarf teams wish they could play! SPP rains from the sky!)"

I got hit by a nasty virus while visitng family, I couldn't sort anything out.

I'm back home and recovered now but glad to see I have a bye, as I've got a backlog of stuff to deal with.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »

drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae

Normally I'd leave this to Steam, but since your last login was 11 days ago, it seems easier to ask you here - what kind of availability do you have?

I'll try and be on as much as possible the next couple days, but my internet and computer have been wonky.  I haven't been able to pull up the forums lately, and my computer has been crashing alot :(

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2011, 11:12:29 pm »

Let's talk playoffs! Here's a look at everyone's remaining schedules. Using race names, sorry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've nearly clinched a playoff spot, if I win one of my remaining non-bye games, that should do it (depending upon tiebreakers). Realistically, the teams behind me won't win all their matches and I should be in the post-season.

Similarly, I expect Tiny's dwarves to be in the playoffs as well, given his bye and a few elven teams to beat up on for his last few matches.

ndkid, AlStar, and Xanatos Jr. look set to have a fierce fight to get in the playoffs, I suspect the loser of the Norse/Undead game to not make the playoffs. -- That'll be one to watch.

drkpaladin's Halflings however look to be in a very strong position. They have three byes in their remaining 5 games, and their other two matches are against the Undead and Norse teams which are desperate to make the playoffs themselves. If he wins one of those two matches, he'll almost certainly be in the post-season, and the team he defeats could easily miss out.

Charmander, ank, and HLBeta all have a pretty tough road ahead of them. The Legion will appreciate their two byes, helping them get a little closer, but all of these teams will need to win and win often if they hope to make it in.

Every game the Halflings, Norse and Undead play against eachother all seem pretty crucial, and very interesting. Three games I'm most eager to see the outcome of, and one's being played this week!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. W00t W00t

W1: Khorne elects to kick off. Against Wood elves, they drop the two far wings a step back from their normal Full Frontal Brutality. The fact that it's raining cats and dogs was an auspicious sign. Or it was, until the weather immediately changed. The treeman stuns a Chaos Warrior, and the elves collapse one wing. The passer picks up the ball and gets it to a nearby catcher.... who runs down the field and drops the ball as he falls over.
K1: The three armed bandit runs back, picks up the ball, and throws a long bomb to a Chaos warrior... and makes it. A couple of elves get knocked down, and the Chaos warrior takes off downfield with a beastman flanking him.
W2: Two elves get beside the Chaos warrior, and a third blitzes him down. The crowd tosses the ball back and forth until it lands back in the middle of the Elven side of the pitch. The passer picks the ball back up, and fumbles the throw.
K2: The minotaur knocks himself over when knocking over an elf beside the ball.
W3: The elven passer picks up the ball and tosses a long throw to the catcher waiting in the end zone.
K3: Khorne pulls the Three-Armed Bandit deep to receive. The front line fails to knock anyone over. The Three-Armed Bandit picks up the ball.
W4: One of the wardancers decides to blitz. He dodges into two tackle zones, dodges out of them, runs straight into the Three-Armed Bandit... and falls over dead.
K4: The Other Three Armed Beastman (Tot-Ab) runs for the goal line while the TAB runs for the front line.
W5: A block by the elves injures a beastman. One catcher gets beside each three-armed beastman. The second wardancer gets around the line, knocks over the TAB (knocking him out), and has the ball jump into his hands.
K5: An annoyed Chaos Warrior injures a lineman. A blitzing lineman pushes the Wardancer. The Minotaur knocks himself out trying to knock over the treeman.
W6: The wardancer runs the ball in.
K6: Minotaur wakes up, TAB does not. The elves blitz. This leads to a knocked over beastman on the wing, one wardancer under the ball's path, another one beside him, and two catchers nearby, just in case. Tot-ab blitzes the wardancer out the way, picks up the ball, and gets beside his line. However, the first beastman who tries to make a dint in the elven line injures himself in the process.
W7: The treeman knocks over a beastman. The wardancer fails to knock over Tot-ab.
K7: Khorne pushes back the line, and knocks out an elf. Tot-ab dodges, but the pass to the awaiting beastman is not so good. The crowd punishes Khorne by throwing the ball back toward their endzone.
W8: A catcher picks up the ball and runs it in.
K8: The elves get another blitz. The wingman closest to the ball falls over. The kick goes out of bounds. Khorne doesn't much care. They knock over a couple of elves, and go for a 2D on the treeman, who isn't injured.

Halftime Score: W00t W00t 3 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

K9: The elven front line crumbles (for a change), and the Minotaur knocks out the Treeman.
W9: Wardancer gets behind the line and knocks over the TAB. Another wardancer picks up the ball. The standard two wardancers and two catchers end up in the backfield with the ball.
K10: A chaos warrior knocks himself over (with reroll) knocking over an elf.
W10: Wardancer runs ball in.
K11: Treeman and down elf wake up. The TAB picks up the kickoff and throws it to Totab. Minotaur double-skulls trying to knock over the treeman (and I made the mistake of trying to use a reroll on a stupid player. Bad ndkid, no biscuit!)
W11: Most of the Khorne front line falls over to the elves.
K12: Totab dodges out, tries to pass the ball, but the catcher is butter-fingered.
W12: Another Chaos warrior gets knocked over. A line of elves develops around the ball, and then a catcher falls to pick it up in three tackle zones, sending it behind the Chaos line.
K13: A Chaos warrior knocks himself over on a 2D block against a lineman.
W13: Catcher falls over dodging.
K14: The Three-Armed Bandit picks up the ball and tosses it to a nearby beastman, who gets a small line defending him.
W14: A wardancer fails a dodge.
K15: The line moves downfield with the ball.
W15: The elves run off the line into the backfield where it's safe.
K16: 1SPP for successful pass!
W16:

Final Score: W00t W00t 4 - 0 Kobb's Khorne

Thoughts: "Oh, yeah, this is what it's like to play a veteran Wood Elf Team". When they have the manpower to handle an injury or two *and* a treeman, you're in for a long night. On top of that, when they get as many injuries as you do, it's going to feel like an eternity. I made several stupid mistakes, none of which actually affected the outcome of the game, except perhaps the turn 15 one where I forgot to GFI with the ball carrier to have a chance for the 3SPP a touchdown would give.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 23, 2011, 08:47:22 pm »

My computer is on its last legs and I'm about to be leaving for the holidays for a couple weeks, so with great reluctance I feel I must pull out of this season.  Sorry all! I had fun, but I just don't expect my situation to change here in the near future.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2011, 11:24:13 am »

At this rate, we'll have a week where all of the players remaining will be on a bye, and we can do a double-advance week or something. :-)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2011, 01:29:40 pm »

It's unfortunate to lose another player, especially one playing so well -- was hoping to see halflings in the playoffs. Don't think we'll have a week of all byes though, still got 8 teams here.

I'm still trying to get my game in, by the way. Hopefully we'll get it played soon and we can get onto the next week.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2011, 03:50:37 pm »

Charmander and I got our game in, and I believe the other games are all byes, so we can advance to the next week.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »

Elves: fun to play as, hard to win against.

Expected 4-0, personally, but I got a kill, in revenge to the merciless skink slaughter thus far.

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 31, 2011, 12:55:38 am »

So, time to move the season forward?

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 31, 2011, 02:16:44 am »

I was hoping to squish halflings, but it looks like it's not to be. Sure, I'll move the week up. Gimme just a sec.

edit:

Ok then:

Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers  SET TO 2-0
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII SET TO 1-1 (because I'm not convinced that Tres Huevos is actually around; he hasn't posted in forever)
Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United SET TO 0-2
drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters  vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae SET TO 0-2

Week 8:
(BYE) lordcooper - Human - The Cthulian Crushers vs Charmander - Lizardmen - Sahagin Stormers
ank - Wood Elves - w00t w00t vs Vherid - Dark Elves - Agony Strain (BYE)
Tres_Huevos - Orcs - The Smash 'ems vs drkpaladin - Halflings - All-Thumbs AnkleBiters (BYE)
Xanatos Jr. - Norse - Lutefisk Legion vs AlStar - Undead - Dark Vertibrae
HLBeta - High Elves - Foot-The-Ball Legion VII vs Tiny - Dwarves - Soapmakers United
ndkid - Chaos - Kobb's Khorne vs Kanil - Elf - Sheer Badassery
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 02:29:32 am by AlStar »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 31, 2011, 03:00:25 am »

Pretty sure Tres_Huevos is gone, and I'd just mark him as a bye.

Edit: Oh, two games in two days! I feel spoiled!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:34:19 pm by Kanil »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 31, 2011, 05:35:24 pm »

Kobb's Khorne vs. Sheer Badassery

SB1: Khorne chooses to kick. The rain and the Khornish blitz suggest that the gods may be against the elves. The ball aiming near the midfield such that the TAB could get under it also were not auspicious for them. The elven blitzer Agorbaar quickly knocks over TAB, and the elven thrower picks is up and tosses it across the field to the catcher on the opposite side, who runs downfield with the ball. The elves knock out a beastman, and knock over several others.
KK1: A Chaos warrior runs back and knocks out the catcher with the ball. Sadly, he does not pick it up in the process. Sadly, another Chaos Warrior double-skulls on a block back on the line of scrimmage.
SB2: The elves gang up on the line of scrimmage, knocking TAB back over, along with several other beastmen. A new catcher runs downfield to pick up the ball. Finally, an elf knocks himself out knocking over a beastman.
KK2: The deep Chaos Warrior knocks over the catcher with the ball, and the Minotaur injures a rookie lineman. Most of the rest of the team is busy standing back up.
SB3: A lineman wrestles the deep Chaos Warrior back to the ground, while a blitzer runs in to pick up the ball. A beastman with a prehensile tail manages to take down a dodging elf.
KK3: The chaos warrior stands up but only manages to push the elven blitzer closer to the goal line. Some beastman break a catcher's ribs in frustration. The one with the prehensile tail knocks himself out trying to get to the ball carrier.
SB4: The blitzer runs the ball in.
KK4: The elves field their 9 men. TAB goes back to receive, leaving the other Chaos players in their standard Full Frontal Brutality formation. A quick snap pushes the team over the midfield line. TAB picks up the ball, but elects not to throw it quite yet, given the rain. Most of the elven team gets knocked over.
SB5: An undefended blitzer on the edge gets beside TAB; another one dodges in and knocks him over. However, a blitzer gets fumbled-fingered trying to pick up the wet ball.
KK5: The Minotaur injures another lineman. A Chaos warrior takes out yet another. TAB stands up, knocks over the blitzer, picks up the ball, and runs forward a short distance.
SB6: Some backfield shennanigans leave a blitzer with the ball, with a catcher and lineman flanking him.
KK6: The catcher refuses to fall over for the beastmen. A Chaos Warrior finally knocks him over, but it requires the blitz needed on the ball carrying blitzer (who wasn't easily reached until his guard went down). Sadly, the Chaos Warrior muffs the GFI to get beside the blitzer afterward.
SB7: The blitzer dodges away and runs the ball in.
KK7: The kickoff lands beside the goal line. TAB picks it up in the rain, heaves... and it lands in the arms of NATAB. He runs forward with it, but a Chaos warrior falls over trying to keep up.
SB8: The beastmen get surrounded by three elves.
KK8: NATAB gets some help moving off one defender. He blitzer through another, pushing him back. He dodges, dodges, GFI, GFI... and scores at the horn!

Halftime Score: Sheer Badassery 2 - Kobb's Khorne 1

KK9: The ball lands on the midfield line, right beside the sideline. TAB runs forward, GFI, picks it up, and tosses it over to Trippy-Tail (as NOTAB is on the opposite side of the pitch). TT runs forward and gets lots of flanking support (since the elves, to their credit, have only 6 elves left on the field).
SB9: Two blitzers get themslves over the the ball runner, and knock him over. Then a catcher trying to pick up the ball fails his GFI and knocks himself out trying to pick it up.
KK10: A beastman gets to the ball, runs for the end zone, and falls over before crossing the goal line.
SB10: A blitzer runs back, picks up the ball, and tosses it to the waiting catcher at midfield. The catcher, however, fails his dodge trying to get away from the Minotaur.
KK11: TAB gets to the ball, and tosses it to a beastman on the edge with no nearby defenders. Two elves get knocked out, including the last catcher on the pitch.
SB11: The deep blitzer makes several dodges (despite TT beside him), knocks over the ball carrier, and picks up the ball. However, the deep player fails a dodge roll.
KK12: A Chaos warrior knocks the blitzer over. TAB picks up the ball and tosses it to NOTAB, who runs it in for the touchdown.
SB12: Khorne is worried enough by the 7 elves on the field that they fall out of their standard Full Frontal Brutality into a two-deep formation. A bad kick gives a touchback. A catcher knocks over one beastman on the edge, a blitzer another, freeing the other blitzer with the ball to run downfield. However, the elves play conservative, forming a small wall around the blitzer.
KK13: Getting men into blocking position, TT stands up and blitzes the ball carrier over. Sadly, another elf picks up the bouncing ball. Several beastmen go deep in defense, while the rest of the team starts to surround the elven pile of players.
SB13: The ball-carrying lineman hands it off to a catcher, who tosses the ball to a blitzer, who runs downfield and scores.
KK14: A pitch invasion knocks over TAB. Two beastmen have to run back since TAB won't be able to get to the kick even when he stands up. The Minotaur stuns a blitzer.
SB14: A catcher stands up and blitzes a beastmen into the knockout box.
KK15: A beastmen blitzes the catcher down. TT goes to pick up the ball and muffs it, sealing the loss.
SB15: The catcher stands up, picks up the ball beside TT, dodges away, and butterfingers a pass.
KK16: TT knocks over the catcher, and TAB picks the ball up and throws it forward to a Chaos Warrior. Another Chaos Warrior falls over trying to block a blitzer.
SB16:

Final Score: Sheer Badassery 3 - Kobb's Khorne 2

Final Thoughts: Kanil uses sidestep expertly. His last scoring drive was because I was stupid enough to push a blitzer such that he could get one critical step closer to the goal line. This felt like the stereotype of a Chaos v. Elven match... I can get half his team off the pitch, and still watch him score. When I was down 2-0, even with him having only 5 players on the pitch, I *knew* that if I didn't score before the half was over, even tying would be nearly impossible. I got that score, tied up the game in the second half, but made the above critical error, and that was that. Still, 4 Casualties, 5 passes, and 2 TDs means 24 SPP total, complete with TAB getting another increase. If I'm lucky, it'll either be a stat gain or doubles, but even Pro would be not-bad at this stage, nor would big hand. This loss takes me to .500 for the season. Hopefully, the drop-outs will be enough to still get me a spot in the playoffs, but it's a tough road.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26