Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Quest for the Fun Stick! [SPOILER]s abound  (Read 2955 times)

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Quest for the Fun Stick! [SPOILER]s abound
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »

I've never seen a curious structure either :\
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:42:30 pm »

Funny, within the past hour I've been genning worlds like crazy trying to find a slade quarry. I've got one with a volcano just now, as it happens, but I'm confused. It's perfectly normal, but I can't say I see the point in zombie cave blobs, and I can't even begin to comprehend skeletal cave blobs... It also has skeletal cats...
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 09:44:45 pm »

Skeletal... cats?  I didn't know domestic animals ever generated in the world...

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

Yeah, it's really weird. Especially since they just sort of wandered off. Didn't even bother me. I half expected them to start adopting my dwarves, to be honest.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 10:19:40 pm »

Yeah, it's really weird. Especially since they just sort of wandered off. Didn't even bother me. I half expected them to start adopting my dwarves, to be honest.

Urist McSkeletalCatOwner cancels show affection to pet Skeletal Cat:  Crafting bracelet out of it's skull

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 10:22:34 pm »

The concept of skeletal cave blobs is confusing me. Are we to assume they are just a membrane? Like an undead Manowar jellyfish?...or a mobile and slightly corrosive whoopie cushion.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:02 pm »

I genned a world with the default settings and did four 8x8 embarks in the map square.

No Fun Stick...
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:57 pm »

Just checked my rooms, turns out I have an upright adamantine claymore.  I dug down to it, hitting all three caverns on the way, then I found the curious underground structure.  It's full of panda men!  I'll leave the sword for my adventurer to claim.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 11:05:44 pm »

An adventurer can't pull the sword free, only a dwarf can deconstruct it.  You can build an artificial floor over the glowing tile, though, so no HFS escapes.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 11:13:08 pm »

Wat? I've pulled a sword in adventurer mode before - and proceeded to slay the contents of hell with it...

Perhaps that's changed though...
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:14 pm »

Have you?  Well, hmm, if you can do so then all bets are off!

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:45 am »

Wat? I've pulled a sword in adventurer mode before - and proceeded to slay the contents of hell with it...

You must have been the chosen one.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 11:02:33 am »

Perhaps that's changed though...
You probably have to 'u'se it like a mechanism.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »

I haven't found any kind of HFS, ever. I could use a few pointers if anyone knows something about them not being completely random.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »

I haven't found any kind of HFS, ever. I could use a few pointers if anyone knows something about them not being completely random.
Normal HFS is guarenteed on a 2x2 embark aligned to the grid or a 3x3 or larger embark anywhere.  Dig down and you'll find the bluestuff that leads you to your ‼Fun‼.  You can also reach fun by channeling through unrevealed Semi-Molten Rock, which takes a little cleverness but ultimately works.  Special HFS, like this thread is talking about, seems to be almost totally random, but under most circumstances is guaranteed once in a 16x16 area.  Check (R)ooms on embark.  If there's an ☼Upright Adamantine Weapon☼, the special HFS is somewhere below you.

Worldgen paramaters mess with this.  If you turn off "bottom layer" or have 0 clown types there will of course be no HFS, even beneath the blue, and it seems from this thread that worlds with fewer than 3 cavern layers may lack special HFS.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.
Pages: 1 [2] 3