Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: unkillable Character  (Read 4132 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: unkillable Character
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 07:17:48 am »

I've inadverdently made dwarves invulnerable by defining their materials incorrectly (the badger bites the dwarf but the attack passes right through!), you could try that if you want.

A better option is giving yourself a huge size and editing the dwarven stats. Maybe even starting a fort and bringing along a full set of steel that fits dwarves of those size. I don't think there's anything that could kill a max size steel clad dwarf considering the way Troll clothes act and etc.
still have to worry about cave ins and the chance of falling down a huge hole.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 07:50:00 am »

Which isn't much... The last time my adventurer was killed by falling I was trying to find my way into a curious underground structure by wandering the caverns and decided that jumping off a 5-story cliff down a deep pit within the caverns was a grand idea.
You could get around the falling issue by adding the [FLIER] tag to the raws. They will then be less likely to suffer the ill effects of falling, and you may even intentionally change z-levels as you fly with the < and > keys. Never experienced dodging into empty space as a flier resulting in splattering on the floor as I've heard reported before. Not sure under what conditions that can occur, but probably only with a roof directly overhead.

Cave-ins are beyond rare in adventure mode. You'll only need to worry about that if something goes horribly, horribly wrong during world generation.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 08:10:05 am »

Rumrusher, I thought ghosts no longer noclip in the new version? I had discussed that earlier. I'd love to be proved wrong.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 07:18:38 pm »

Rumrusher, I thought ghosts no longer noclip in the new version? I had discussed that earlier. I'd love to be proved wrong.
AI ghost can't path find through solid tiles I guess what toady mention.
Adventure controlled Ghost can noclip through anything if they remove their material items which can't noclip.
"body swapping and YOU!"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »

Adventure controlled Ghost can noclip through anything if they remove their material items which can't noclip.

Wow. I had tried that once, but I guess I didn't remove material items. I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope. Confirmed using the latest version of DFusion that toggling Ghostliness and dropping all items does not let me noclip in .25. It's a shame that was taken out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:44:52 pm by freeformschooler »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 10:48:47 pm »

Wow. I had tried that once, but I guess I didn't remove material items. I'll try that tonight. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope. Confirmed using the latest version of DFusion that toggling Ghostliness and dropping all items does not let me noclip in .25. It's a shame that was taken out.
did you have the xpointer on you?
and check for clothes you have to drop those too.
you need to be a nudist to noclip(fly though solid items).
here image proof on it, this was made in .25 using dfusion 3.8
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 10:51:11 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 11:23:59 pm »

Well whaddaya know. You were right. I had forgotten about clothing.

Rumrusher, you are the bomb. I will draw a picture sometime in your honor.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 01:33:37 am »

A worm character made out of adamantine that lacks organs and blood will be 100% invincible.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2011, 03:10:52 am »

How do I go about  making bronze colossi playable?

Go to your dwarf fortress folder, open the raw folder, open the objects folder, find the entity_default file, and add this to the bottom:

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:BRONZE]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:COLOSSUS_BRONZE]
   [TRANSLATION:HUMAN]
   [ADVENTURE_TIER:4]
   [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]

There you go! You'll only be able to play as an outsider, so you'll only have a spear and a knife to start with, but you should just drop them. Honestly, a BC is way more deadly with martial arts anyway, and if you want a weapon you can always pick something good up off of some poor fool sooner or later. ^^^ Also, you can play as demons. :3 Just add this to the bottom of the file.

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:DEMONICADVENTURER]
[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:DEMON_1]
[CREATURE:DEMON_2]
[CREATURE:DEMON_3]
[CREATURE:DEMON_4]
[CREATURE:DEMON_5]
[CREATURE:DEMON_6]
[CREATURE:DEMON_7]
[CREATURE:DEMON_8]
[CREATURE:DEMON_9]
[CREATURE:DEMON_10]
[CREATURE:DEMON_11]
[CREATURE:DEMON_12]
[CREATURE:DEMON_13]
[CREATURE:DEMON_14]
[CREATURE:DEMON_15]
[TRANSLATION:GOBLIN]
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:0]

That'll give you 15 (random) demons to play as. Generally the best ones are a color + brute, like midnight blue brute. Some of them aren't so good, like glass serpents. Sounds awesome in theory, sucks in practice, let me tell you. >.>

@AOD: If I knew more about modding I would try my hand at that. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:08 am »

A worm character made out of adamantine that lacks organs and blood will be 100% invincible.
well no it still can take fall damage(?) and can be cave in, and incase in ice or fall into a chasm.
the worm would just have some immunity to physical attacks.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2011, 10:43:11 pm »

well no it still can take fall damage(?) and can be cave in, and incase in ice or fall into a chasm.
the worm would just have some immunity to physical attacks.
If it has no organs (including brain), blood, or severable body parts, it will be invulnerable (well, unkillable, at least) regardless of its material.  Only cave-ins, obsidianization, and freezing will kill it.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 [2]