Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: unkillable Character  (Read 4135 times)

ZeTaDD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
unkillable Character
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:46:21 pm »

It is at all possible to create a character, such as a dwarf to be unkillable? Possible just get ride of pain? Or do I add line(s) to "creature_default" ? I am wanting to try and see if this will be any cool. I know it is a little like cheap but i just want to try it out. Or should i just create a whole new creature that is unkillable? ALL help is greatly appreciated.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unkillable Character
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »

You can get rid of pain by adding the [NOPAIN] tag to creature_standard. If you want an unkillable character, make bronze colossi playable and make bronze a lot more resistant to breaking.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:57:10 pm »

No pain No sleep+ Runesmith
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

ZeTaDD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:19:24 pm »

How do I go about  making bronze colossi playable?

You can get rid of pain by adding the [NOPAIN] tag to creature_standard. If you want an unkillable character, make bronze colossi playable and make bronze a lot more resistant to breaking.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:33 pm »

Do a search.  There are many, many threads on the topic.  If you want something a bit different, you could always check out corrupts (click the link in my sig).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:46 pm »

I read the title as 'unlikeable'. I suppose a thread about lowering a dwarf's social skills until killing him actually raises the average fortress happiness would befit this forum...
[Signature]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:11 pm »

Bronze colossi are still killable. Now, if you were to mod in a Adamantine colossus...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:05:45 pm »

Nevermind corrupts!  I just completed an even more unkillable adventuring race!  Behold: fluffmen!

Spoiler: creature_other.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: body_default.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entity_default.txt (click to show/hide)

Nothing short of obsidianization or a direct hit from a cave-in can kill one (that I've seen so far, anyway).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »

I made a new Human Race, which is practically Unkillable.

I put him in a Room with 20 Bronze Colossi, and it took about 49 Turns to kill him.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:23 pm »

you could just make the adventurer a ghost and never worry about death due to their ability to noclip through every thing.

edit: well Dfusion before jumping on Dfhack dfusion had the ability to turn the adventurer into a ghost which lead to a passive explore the world play-style, to do so one has to go into the Adventure tools menu and select the ghost option(been long since I used it) oh and you have to have the pointer on your self to do so.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:57:34 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 04:05:02 pm »

Rumrusher, surely you realize that almost nobody understands what you're talking about unless you actually explain it in full detail. Most players simply don't use those utilities, and you're one of a very few people I've ever heard claim to actually be able to use DFusion to it's full extent. Hell, it usually crashes the game or simply does nothing for me. You should probably write up a full instruction manual for it, in gory detail.

Now, how does that bloody site tag changing utility work?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 07:08:58 pm »

Rumrusher, surely you realize that almost nobody understands what you're talking about unless you actually explain it in full detail. Most players simply don't use those utilities, and you're one of a very few people I've ever heard claim to actually be able to use DFusion to it's full extent. Hell, it usually crashes the game or simply does nothing for me. You should probably write up a full instruction manual for it, in gory detail.

Now, how does that bloody site tag changing utility work?

okay in means of writing a tutorial on how to get it to work, I found a way to manually search for the site you want to change if DFusion's search doesn't work and pick up the name of the site you type in.
so while I'm on tutorial write up any other hard topics on how to use Dfusion?
edit: guide is finished

« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 12:54:51 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 09:27:37 pm »

Thanks, actually. That may eventually be useful. One function I've been wishing to access forever has been the friendship utility, embark, and migrants, in fort mode. None of them appear to function, so I'm left to guess that they simply don't work right now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 06:47:30 pm »

Thanks, actually. That may eventually be useful. One function I've been wishing to access forever has been the friendship utility, embark, and migrants, in fort mode. None of them appear to function, so I'm left to guess that they simply don't work right now.
they don't work with dfhack dfusion as of now warmist fix them in his version but still needs for someone to compile it. you can pull this stunt with old dfusion though.
"body swapping and YOU!"

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 06:52:07 am »

I've inadverdently made dwarves invulnerable by defining their materials incorrectly (the badger bites the dwarf but the attack passes right through!), you could try that if you want.

A better option is giving yourself a huge size and editing the dwarven stats. Maybe even starting a fort and bringing along a full set of steel that fits dwarves of those size. I don't think there's anything that could kill a max size steel clad dwarf considering the way Troll clothes act and etc.
Pages: [1] 2