Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 17: Rupturing.  (Read 10952 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 12: I'm so bad at this.
« Reply #135 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:12 am »

Wait.. shower? What year is it? When did English folks start using showers?

Any way..

Get some sleep and start the next day asking various beggars and vagrants of any interesting profitable rumors. While doing that, beg for free food and drinks as usual (Not from the beggars and vagrants of course, but people who seem to have money.).

edit: woah, got a weird feeling of Déjà vu..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:00:11 am by Ultimuh »

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 12: I'm so bad at this.
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2011, 07:36:16 am »

I've got the last play performances today, and should be able to get a turn up for tomorrow.
This thread is not dead...
Merely sleeping.

EDIT: Damn. Sorry for double posting. Again.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:26:42 am by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 9: Schooling and scheming.
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2011, 02:22:57 am »

Turn 13: Jigs and Jail.

1. London- Tersr

As you run, you whip out your pistol and shoot as you chase. (3) You hit the boy in the leg, sending him tumbling head over heels. Plucking your sword out of his writhing hands, (1) you look around. Everyone is staring at you in disgust and horror. Within seconds you are overwhelmed by the city guard, and taken to jail. A trial is organised for tomorrow, leaving you with a night for planning.

Spoiler: Aaron (click to show/hide)

2. Oxford- micelus

After a refreshing bathe you head to the poorhouse who are delighted to hear of your efforts. They'll be all too happy to do anything required to secure the kings backing. Returning back, you get word from your assistants.
Ann (don't know what you mean with the charity) says that the building should be renovated and ready for use quite soon.
John comes back looking rather dazed. (6) It turns out people were so eager to join up, he has a list of ten shopkeepers willing to join this group.

3. Manchester- Ultimah

Wandering around the city randomly, you search for free food and rumours. (6) You not only find very generous people with lots of food, (4) but also hear an interesting rumour.
A cart is moving through the city, packed with illegal weaponry, trying to pass through an get to the coast.
The guard seem to be aware of this, but they still can't find the cart anywhere, despite their best efforts.

Spoiler: William Bucket (click to show/hide)

4. Cardiff- Riccto

"Well, we got the Commoners Legislation passed- Aw, who am I kidding. Nowhere. So what do you suggest? Who even are you? I've told you everything, and you've said nothing... Are you with the government?"

Spoiler: Conrad (click to show/hide)

5. Dublin- Sinpwn

You write a touching song, entitled "Free Brittania", (4) which you believe will perfectly express revolutionary ideas without speaking out against the monarchy or government. Taking the paper, you prepare to get out and perform.

Spoiler: Conchobhair (click to show/hide)

6. Edinburgh- lawastooshort

As soon as you are sober you begin to drink again, trying to build up some resistance to the alcohol. (4) You succeed, and can now have a conversation before you get drunk.
Mission achieved, you flop onto your bed and sleep. Very deeply.

Spoiler: Isaac Chesterton (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:24:28 am by Spaghetti7 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 13: Jigs and Jail.
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2011, 03:30:49 am »

When I wake up, bathe and attire myself appropriately, and head to a salon where I might find a very rich widow who is into freedom and liberalism and so on. Seduce her with my charm and wit and poetry (and youthful beauty), in the hope that we may be able to form a relationship whereby she regularly gives me lots of money to use to foment rebellion.

Time to stop ninnying about! Time for action!

Simple pleasures; for me suffice!
A love of freedom is not a vice.
A love of freedom, yes! and democracy too!
We can love them better, when we are two.
We must always strive to forge ahead,
Lest freedom's flame droppeth dead;
Lest democracy floateth away into the air:
And striving is easier, when we are a pair.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2011, 07:35:21 am »

Listen around for more rumors.
If the guards cannot find a cart with smuggling goods, then why do you think I could?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:26 am »

"I am not my friend. You think our clunky Goverment woul' be clever enough for this kinda thing? I dun think so. Name's Conrad, I share soma yer views obviousla'. How about we find a meeting place tha's a little less exposed for further discussion ya?"
Raggle Fraggle

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »

((The charity I made with that priest.))

Excellent. Meet with these shopkeeps and plan with them a donation drive/ charity. After doing so, return to the University and see how my followers are doing. Get Ann and John to post posters all other the city about donation and charity and helping the poor.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:06:04 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

((The charity I made with that priest.))
Sorry, don't remember that. All I remember is the poorhouse thing he was building for you.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2011, 02:57:28 pm »

Make sure that there are no types of people that would cause horrible things to happen, then put my heart and soul into performing.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2011, 09:04:51 pm »

Think of a good story to tell them to make you look good, if I cant, say that the kid took a weapon and could have hurt people.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 9: Schooling and scheming.
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:38 am »

Turn 14: Suspiciously lucky.

1. London- Tersr

You listen as the boy recounts the tale, although he seems to miss out the mention of him being a thief. HE says that you chased him, unprovoked, through the streets.
"Quiet in the court! Now, what do you have to say for yourself?"
"I was just walking down the street when out... When all of a sudden...erm..." (2) You forget your speech entirely, and default to the only thing you remember.
"That boy is a thief!" (1) The court gasps, and the judge shakes his head. You cannot even hear your own protests over the following rabble, and accept defeat.
The judge sentences you to [2 turns] in jail.
When in jail, you can only plan for what to do when out. No actions can be taken in jail, except talking to fellow inmates and guards.

Spoiler: Aaron (click to show/hide)

2. Oxford- micelus

You meet with all the shopkeepers who were on the list, (5) and easily persuade them to put their money into a donation charity for the poor. Shaking the hand of each as they leave, you then head to the university, to check up on your following. (6) They are getting a little eager, and you hear there has been some trouble from a few of them, but they are mostly just spreading the word. (5) Ann and John easily carpet the city in posters, and you believe they will certainly make the public feel for the poor.
Another day well spent, you head back home.

3. Manchester- Ultimah

Not satisfied, you continue to listen for rumours.
(5) Somebody tells you of the abandoned dungeons beneath the city, inhabited only by bandits now. According to the barkeep, many speak of a great treasure the bandits stole, and are hiding in the catacombs.

Spoiler: William Bucket (click to show/hide)

4. Cardiff- Riccto

"Somewhere private? Ah yes. How about my house?" You agree, and the man leads you through winding streets (5) to a large mansion, in the upper part of the city. Trying to hide your pleasure, you follow the man inside. He opens the door and shouts down the echoey entrance hall:
"Bert! I will be having a guest for dinner."
After an hour of small talk a bell is rung and you are bustled into an elaborate dining room, the table laid with platters of ever food imaginable.
Over this, the man decides you can talk.

Spoiler: Conrad (click to show/hide)

5. Dublin- Sinpwn

(4) You easily find a space in the bustling city without any guards or upper-class idiots, and begin to play your song. (5) The large numbers of working-class men around you tip you lots and some even seem to hear your song. You make 3 money units.

Spoiler: Conchobhair (click to show/hide)

6. Edinburgh- lawastooshort

Putting on a nice suit and tie, you head out to a salon. When you arrive, you look and ask around for the type of person you want to meet. (5+1 luck bonus) You quickly spy an ideal target, a woman sitting in a corner alone, sipping a drink. Going for the spontaneity look, you walk up to her table, go down on one knee and recite your poem.
(3) She really likes your poetry and, after a quick chat, she agrees to meet you again tomorrow.

Spoiler: Isaac Chesterton (click to show/hide)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Revolution: What may have been. Turn 14: Suspiciously lucky.
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2011, 03:13:39 am »

Time for the big one then.

Find out what the problem is. If it is anything violent, then go and meet with the troublemakers.

Send out Ann and John out of the city and into the surrounding estates of the nobility and the farmers. Tell them about the events brewing in Oxford.

Check when the next mayoral elections are and register my name for them. Organise a proper group. We shall be called the Open Hand Society. Our goal: the betterment of the quality of life in Britain. We shall do this through ways of peace, the way of reform and the way of charity. Allow anyone to join. Hold an inaugural meeting of the group. My followers, the poor, and the shopkeeps should join, hopefully.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:49:16 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2011, 03:46:40 am »

Eavesdrop on a few people and see if any of them feel that they are being treated unfairly by the ruling class. Pay said oppressed people to spread ford of these issues to their fellows.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2011, 08:08:06 am »

Oh yes.

Except from eating and sleeping well, spend the entire intervening time composing an extremely romantic poem about how giving me lots of money is good for liberty! Then go to meet her!

((I'll see if a poem comes to mind. And hopefully a better plan of what to do with the money. Perhaps I should just marry her and settle down.))

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:28 am »

Talk to the inmates, work on my talking skills.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12