Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mission : Impossible  (Read 2314 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Mission : Impossible
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 01:39:22 pm »

Look at the bronze colossus RAWs, should be enough there to help you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 04:00:21 pm »

shoot I was walking in here to see if someone has a hard mission, like build a fortress to steal one gem encrusted Adamantine item from a heavily armed fortress?

making god modded creatures depend on 2 things do you want temporal creatures where all physical attacks phase through them and give them syndrome attacks where they coat their victims in really hot or cold slime that if it doesn't melt them or give freezerburn it would cause necrosis?
or do you want a creature similar to a bronze colossus only with a high dodging skill(and fast heal rate) and [SPEED:1] like movements where nothing will be fast enough to hit it and if it does would do little damage.

The first one if you want a good chance nothing kills you other than chasms,cave ins, other syndromes and being seal in obsidian/ice and even then you can slap on [FLYER]/[FLIER] and avoid arm but then you might end up with a creature being a walking form of gas wearing clothes and armor killing stuff, the second one is easier to mod in but you end up with a high def stat with speed to out beat most of the creatures. while is good you can still fall into the same death traps above and the small chance of death by being chip away.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:10:26 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:46 pm »

How are you going to kill off the goblins, elves, and dwarves if you can't actually visit their towns yet?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »

How are you going to kill off the goblins, elves, and dwarves if you can't actually visit their towns yet?

Mod them to have human towns? Duh.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:59 am »

Rumrusher ought comment on that. He apparently understands how to convince DFusion to do anything whatsoever, and one of the many things it can do is change the site flags, somehow, which if changed to a human city or camp apparently causes everyone that's supposed to live there to suddenly appear, in the likeness of an old elven retreat. (wilderness, plus elves/dorfs/whoever lives there.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 01:53:41 am »

Rumrusher ought comment on that. He apparently understands how to convince DFusion to do anything whatsoever, and one of the many things it can do is change the site flags, somehow, which if changed to a human city or camp apparently causes everyone that's supposed to live there to suddenly appear, in the likeness of an old elven retreat. (wilderness, plus elves/dorfs/whoever lives there.)
wellllllllllllllllllllllll, if you want elf camps you need to test it to the historic event command, and that would plant a BIG red X in the area where the site was and spawn every one out side.
what I dream is someone to do research on this and make a command that rewrites the site layout to either this or figure out how to make custom site layouts for modders.
so that elves can have their tree houses dwarves with their toilets and goblins with their forts. sadly I can't do such research right now(kinda working out the kinks in OnFunction so that people can burn their hand to learn flight or breathe under water, or summon the power of the creator) as I'm working on getting modders the ability to convert creatures through wounds using Dfhack Dfusion.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 04:08:12 pm »

indeed, my big dream for DF modding was to be able to write site definitions as part of the raws.  Won't be happening in our lifetime, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 [2]