Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demon companion.  (Read 2558 times)

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
Demon companion.
« on: October 09, 2011, 01:12:04 am »

I was travelling in adventure mode, going to the capitol, which is a castle for quests, and find there are two demons in the keep, which I think as odd, normally it's only one, so I have a look and one is the human civilisations law giver, normal(ish) and the other is labelled prisoner, which is a title I have not encountered before.
Intrigued I talk to him and ask that he join me, to which he says something along the lines of:
"Yes take me away from this place!"
So now I have a 15 foot* coyote death man that spews forth flames!
Oh and the human civilisation couldn't care less.

*or however tall they are.
Edit. Turns out they are the size of a house...
HEY BC!
COME AT ME BRO!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:18:53 am by Edmus »

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Demon companion.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 01:14:09 am »

I think they are several hundred times bigger than a dwarf, so about the size of a house.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 02:01:10 am »

Wait, so demons are the size of houses. Dwarves are about 3-5 feet tall. Yet somehow, dwarves can manage to defeat a massive army of the house tall demons using cave ins, spikes and sometimes millitary force?

....Only in dwarf fortress. Also, good job at having a coyote demon partner. Any ambushes should just run away really really really fast. Or they could, but they are too busy being burned and stomped to death.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:54 am »

Wait, so demons are the size of houses. Dwarves are about 3-5 feet tall. Yet somehow, dwarves can manage to defeat a massive army of the house tall demons using cave ins, spikes and sometimes millitary force?

....Only in dwarf fortress. Also, good job at having a coyote demon partner. Any ambushes should just run away really really really fast. Or they could, but they are too busy being burned and stomped to death.
Until a creature of the night stabbed me in the head, but I know where he lives, I'll pick him up with my next adventurer.

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 02:12:48 am »

Night creatures tend to just kick me in the face and im down.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:57:22 am »

I was travelling in adventure mode, going to the capitol, which is a castle for quests, and find there are two demons in the keep, which I think as odd, normally it's only one, so I have a look and one is the human civilisations law giver, normal(ish) and the other is labelled prisoner, which is a title I have not encountered before.
Intrigued I talk to him and ask that he join me, to which he says something along the lines of:
"Yes take me away from this place!"

*or however tall they are.
Edit. Turns out they are the size of a house...
HEY BC!
COME AT ME BRO!

Yeah this happened to someone else, the demon GAAAAAWDS must've made the 'umies angry somehow, and they locked 'em up.
Then you found them, and they kicked ass. On the other hand, the other guy's demon just gave him nasty syndromes.

Blizzlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 10:58:42 pm »

Night creatures tend to just kick me in the face and im down.

ME TO!!!

My last death was like that, I was strangling a night creature(And winning the fight) when BAM!!! He kicks me in the head fracturing my skull and bruising my brain killing me...That filthy bastard!

I got my revenge though, on my current adventurer...It felt so good....
Note to all: Do not give alcoholic midgets swords that can cut the face of god and then make them march around in their undies.
They don't like that.

Ultima Ratio Regum

• Bay Watcher
  • Games academic and "Ultima Ratio Regum" person
    • View Profile
    • Ultima Ratio Regum
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42:06 am »

Seems handy. If you turned on the humans in that city, I wonder if the demon would instantly turn on you and start defending them, or whether the humans would turn on you if they saw you attacking their apparently-beloved demon. Or neither, and they just really don't mind each other's existence...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 09:01:48 pm »

Seems handy. If you turned on the humans in that city, I wonder if the demon would instantly turn on you and start defending them, or whether the humans would turn on you if they saw you attacking their apparently-beloved demon. Or neither, and they just really don't mind each other's existence...

I think that when historical figures get imprisoned by a civ, their allegiance switches to the civ imprisoning them. So, your demon might attack you if you do that, or at least, stop talking to you.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:46 am »

Get him a wife and raise a demon baby army.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.