Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Great Embark Plot  (Read 2211 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Great Embark Plot
« on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:00 am »

Fantastic little embark here. Not sure what the mineral properties are. Not alot to say otherwise, just this very second began this new fort but already i can taste the success radiating from it! If you want the seed/coordinates you will have to wait until i work out how to find them.

Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Great Embark Plot
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 12:55:42 am »

Incidentally it has boulders of Ebony on the surface, is this useful to me? I can't seem to find a way of harvesting...
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 01:43:37 am »

Beyond knowing what stone layers you have by checking their name, the only thing you can use surface boulders for is to smooth and engrave them to increase architectural value since they're a landscape feature and not something that can be removed. Same for driftwood.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 04:50:42 am »

Engraved boulders remembers me of From Dust's huts.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Andrej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:11:47 pm »

Nice site. Reminds me of the 2D version. If you get the Worldgen params I would be interrested

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 01:45:36 pm »

How far up does that cliff face go. and is it all sand/soil? Whenever I see natural, sheer cliffs I always think of marksdwarves lined up just inside the cliff face ready to cover invaders in bolts as they come, so natural stone is better in my opinion than soil.

(I know it's tactically wrong, since a more curved face is ideal to increase the number of shooting spots, but I just think the image of bolts flying out of a natural cliff face, as if the mountain were protecting itself, is an awesome one.)
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Andrej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »

Bump, I still would like the worldgen

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Oh. right. Er...hold on

Alright where is this thing hidden. I appear to have forgotten

also: By setting X/Y volcano variance to 3200 you can get maps consistent to this across the board every gen (with min volcano number set to 60 you can get...well. lots)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:09:16 pm by Wannazzaki »

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 04:12:43 pm »

If you do not turn that entire lowest edge into the most epic line of ballista I will be disappoint.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 04:16:24 pm »

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 04:17:26 pm »

If you do not turn that entire lowest edge into the most epic line of ballista I will be disappoint.

That would require me to tear down the wall im hiding behind, though i do have a long retractable corridor with magma beneath the floor. GO FORTH AND BE DISAPPOINT. For i am a coward.

ALSO. Turns out the Ebony boulders were trees. Fucking confusing when i started hacking them down! Still. It IS a nice material
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 04:22:54 pm by Wannazzaki »

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 05:29:36 pm »

How high up does that cliff face go?

I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »

I think it might be 30ish. Didn't actually count but its pretty sheer all the way to the peaks (They eventually turn into mountaintop points)

sarus92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 07:10:39 pm »

Thanks for the seed, Ive been looking for a 2d-esque style map.

Hoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »

any luck with the coordinates? i´m searching the world up and down without luck...
Pages: [1] 2