Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: i opened up hell  (Read 1672 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: i opened up hell
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 09:11:05 pm »

But that just murders your framerate. No matter how you slice it, opening up HFS means something's going to die.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 12:43:38 am »

Truth.

This isn't minecraft, this is real.

If only minecraft's nether were filled with DF demons.
And that they could enter portals.

And they were as silent as Creepers...

Hmm.. I say they should be way noisier than Ghasts.
So that you KNOW youre screwed from miles away.

"Horrifying screams come from the darkness below."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 12:54:10 am »

MC is getting some new nether mobs, but I like to think that DF demons are extremely large and confusing.  They don't just strike with an arm, they send whirls of curved light around you that confuse and disorient, and you've not even sure what's killing you or what to do about it.  Not just "something bigger than the last enemy" but "something otherworldly that requires a new combat doctrine."

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 01:27:49 am »

MC is getting some new nether mobs, but I like to think that DF demons are extremely large and confusing.  They don't just strike with an arm, they send whirls of curved light around you that confuse and disorient, and you've not even sure what's killing you or what to do about it.  Not just "something bigger than the last enemy" but "something otherworldly that requires a new combat doctrine."

This was the only thing I could think of, reading your description. Only 150' tall and covered in dorfbits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 01:33:46 am »

That would be thoroughly confusing, to say the least.

It does worry me, that you think about that often enough though...

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 01:47:37 am »

This was the only thing I could think of, reading your description. Only 150' tall and covered in dorfbits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks like a hellish nightmare to me.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 04:20:45 am »

They don't just strike with an arm,
Solely from that phrase, I remembered the demon spiders when I first breached in DF2010. It's quite the sight to imagine spider martial arts, with all 8 legs quasi-systematically turning your dwarves into paste.

Then I read the rest of your sentence. If I was in Toady's position, I'd secretly buff the demon generator (or the mere presence of a breach itself) to also include attacks/interactions that mutate/curse your dwarves based on the work done for the next version.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.
Pages: 1 [2]