Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33g] Different trader, same wounds.  (Read 416 times)

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[33g] Different trader, same wounds.
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:43:00 am »

The human traders came one year, and after a while I noticed that one of them had 2 lower leg and 2 knee injuries - one on either leg, both yellow. I suspect it was because he was wearing sandals(!) when he came to visit my perma-frozen glacier fortress (the trade depot is outside). It's possible he also had a fight with a kobold thief, but I don't think that's the case.

Anyway, the bug is that now, every year, a trader arrives with those same injuries. not the same trader, no - he has a different name and is wearing different items each time. But each time, without fail, one human trader has the same yellow lower leg and yellow knee injuries.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
Re: [33g] Different trader, same wounds.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »

Sounds like the data gets saved, but loaded by the wrong entities.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »

It would be kinda tricky for it mix up a name and a body the way it loads.  If you're sure it's not an injury that happens from the cold each time, I can take a look at the save.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »

Whoops, didn't notice this got replies.

I'll play it some more and see if any of them have the wound when they enter the map, and get a save of it if he does.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 10:19:00 am »

Well, I played another year and yeah it must be the cold doing it because none of them started with any wounds. Unfortunately the goblins attacked this time, and killed pretty much all the traders so I didn't get to see if another one ended up with the same wounds or not.

So the bug is that sometimes the humans don't dress warm enough when they visit cold forts.. though I checked and didn't notice anything different that the wounded ones were wearing vs the healthy ones (except the sandals the first time I noticed it, which was never repeated).

RustedAxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 11:14:00 am »

clothing affects warmth?

Also, on a side topic, why do animals that I brought with me (horses, dogs, camels) not die on the cold when traders arrive with animals that died from the apparent cold?  Are the traders just taking a different route or what?