Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embark Area  (Read 825 times)

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Embark Area
« on: October 06, 2011, 02:28:23 pm »

So I currently have a nice fort going and it's in an area with a nice array of zombie and skeletal animals.  The problem is that I used the max embark area and I only get around 35 fps.  Is there anyway I can make my area smaller by editing things in the region folder?  Help would be very much appreciated.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Embark Area
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:41:30 pm »

Once you have embarked in an area, the site's size cannot be changed - if you want a smaller area, then you'll have to start over from scratch.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:43:55 pm »

This is a bit sad.  I figure I might as well play on it a little bit more but just to work them to death.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:45:42 pm »

Wait you used the max embark area with a fort going and you still have 35 FPS? What type of computer are you running? Now if it was just like your starting seven dwarves I could see that, but if you have migrants and you still have a fort that huge that's pretty intense.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.