Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need to find an old fort.  (Read 945 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Need to find an old fort.
« on: October 06, 2011, 09:02:20 am »

I had a pretty successful fort, but I eventually had to abandon. When I saw it in legends, it said a group of dwarfs migrated there AFTER the fort was abandoned? What does that mean? Is my epic fort more epic?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:24:37 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Errr.. What?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:14 am »

Please try to make your thread titles more informative.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:17:58 am »

Please try to make your thread titles more informative.
No.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:20:15 am »

This is an important observation. Too important to have such a non-descriptive, spam-like title.

After you change that.. You must visit your old fort in adventure mode see what circumstances they are living in there.
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 09:22:21 am »

After you change that.. You must visit your old fort in adventure mode see what circumstances they are living in there.
I've tried several times to find the fort, but I just couldn't. So I messed around with Dfmode, got my old save and made an adventurer in the active fort. I could, abandon again, though.

Anyone have any hints to find a fort?

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need to find an old fort.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 09:31:42 am »

Check out the historical maps in legends mode. Go to the year that world gen stopped, and you should see your fort pop up somehwere on the map as you advance the time frame with the + and - keys.

My latest forts:

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:38:20 am »

Check out the historical maps in legends mode. Go to the year that world gen stopped, and you should see your fort pop up somehwere on the map as you advance the time frame with the + and - keys.
My fort isn't anywhere to be found. I think turning it into lair with Dfhack did this...

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 10:09:01 am »

Ah, I bet turning into a lair was also why some dwarves moved back there.

My latest forts:

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 01:44:45 pm »

In legends did  the group of dwarves move in immediatly after the fortress was abandonned?
As far as I know the surviving group of dwarves normally form a new group in that fortress and tend to hang around in the area, maybe this is what you've seen?
Then again I've never heard of a case where a fortress was abandonned and turned into a lair. Was it a lair before abandonning or after?

Either way, to find an old place in adventure I simply find me the nearest peasant and ask him for the surroundings until he finally mentions the fortress, at wich point it's only a matter of looking at your map. In large worlds with lots of places to ask for this may take a while.