Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Chronoporters  (Read 3569 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Chronoporters
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 06:40:25 pm »

Minor note:  I'm a little surprised that no-one added moddable tags to their character descriptions!

...We could have done that? *facepalm* Well, all right. I'll get an image of Cade up ASAP, does it matter where it's from?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 06:54:23 pm »

Gengh, find a picture for Juliet please. If I like it, I'll say it's OK, if not, I'll find one.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 08:26:23 pm »

...We could have done that? *facepalm*
Ditto. Although since I didn't put up a character description, I guess it doesn't matter much. :|

That said! I do have a picture, after a fashion. Honestly, I'd prefer something a bit less... chibi, but I didn't have any luck in my image searches (why on earth "scruffy Italian woman" returns a picture of Tom Selleck is utterly beyond me...). I think it'll do, though, at least as a placeholder or something.

Might include a bio/description later. I think it'll take me a bit to figure out where to insert .:uncertainties.:.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:49 pm »

Gengh, find a picture for Juliet please. If I like it, I'll say it's OK, if not, I'll find one.

?
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »

I'll get an image of Cade up ASAP, does it matter where it's from?

Not really, you can choose whatever you like.  For consistency's sake I'd like pictures of humans over drawings though - but if drawings are all you can snipe that positively identifies with your character its all good.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 09:09:28 pm »

Meeeehhhh...
I'm going with a bit of a months-of-the-year theme here, and I don;t think that really fits July well. I'll find mah own I guess.
Ah what the heck that's fine. Completely fine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:11:24 pm by Powder Miner »

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 10:31:11 pm »

A picture, eh? Well, I guess this could work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:45:38 pm by Son_of_Orion »

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 02:26:30 am »

Hope I'm getting this more or less right; probably get a better feel for things as the game goes on, but I think the things in dots are pretty good possible targets for mutability. Also, duly noted on the "photos preferred" line; I'll see if I can find something, as I will feel a bit silly being the only one sporting a cartoon character.

A Brief History of Cassandra
Cassandra De La Mancha. According to Cassandra's .:parents,:. the name is a tribute to a pair of .:legends:. from another .:time.:. But if one were to ask Cassandra, it's just a pain in the neck. .:Nobody:. knows those stories anyway, and even if that weren't the case, the name just leaves Cassandra with a .:less:. prestigious legacy than her .:family's.:.

But, nobody listens to Cassandra. This is, Cassandra feels, an .:immutable:. truth of the universe. So, when she went to .:The Academy,:. she went there under a false name rather than her .:family:. name.

All in all, it was not so .:bad,:. at least at first. Cassandra's generally morose outlook earned her .:few:. friends, but her sharp intellect still served her well. It was only in her .:second:. year that things grew strange, as she found herself able to commune with other versions of herself.

She'd been peering, .:shallowly,:. into the time stream for a while now; it was why she'd gone to .:The Academy:. in the first place. So, perhaps she shouldn't have been surprised at receiving visits from herself--and perhaps she wouldn't have been, except that one alternate version of herself said some very .:alarming:. things concerning the .:fate:. of a certain .:King.:.

And Cassandra tried to tell someone, anyone who would listen, what was going to happen--or what had already happened, except that it hadn't already happened yet.

But, nobody listens to Cassandra. They might ask, especially now that it .:won't:. change things, but that's not really the same thing.

Of course, with the way things change, having one constant is almost a comfort.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2011, 09:32:22 am »

OK, I guess this guy will work.

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 09:57:03 am »

posting to watch as this looks interesting :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 08:22:24 pm »

A ripple in time has propagated itself!

I'll have an opening post up the day after tomorrow.

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »

Well? :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 09:30:40 pm »

If you can't manipulate objects while teleporting, wouldn;t that mea you wouldn;t be able to manipulate clothing and thus be unable to move?

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2011, 02:13:27 am »

Hmm.. This seems incredibly interesting. In for the waitlist, and will post character sheet here in a moment.

Also: you most likely project a small area, just large enough to affect your clothes while "teleporting."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Johann
Why you were picked for this mission: Due to .:fortunate:. circumstances, Johann has been able to use his abilities as a seer to gain several favors, a few of which he called in to be placed on the mission. What his reasons for pulling the strings for that are, despite his normally .:frail:. constitution, .:no one knows:..

BODY:1
AGILITY:3
SMARTS:6
CHRONO:4
CHARM:1

Special Power: Seer

.:I'll find a good pic later, when my eyes aren't blurry with the need for sleep.:.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2011, 03:32:18 am »

Seems that time wave rolled a 6. :p

Anyway, if the game's still on, I have a pic for Cassandra. Here ya go!
Pages: 1 [2] 3