Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Chronoporters  (Read 3568 times)

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Chronoporters
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »

Hello .:name:..

I am .:name2:. - and I was sent here to explain the .:rules:. of these .:times:..

Everything you see before you is set to change one day, changed by events in the future and motives in the past.

Today though, we have some .:control:. over our .:fates:..  Some thing are forever, they are bold markers of time - but .:other things:., shown to people who have the power can be altered.   .:You may see them:. as .:dots in the timeline:., seeing them as one thing today, but maybe something entirely different tomorrow.

There is a .:great trouble:. in this world right now.  Some .:people:. can see these .:spotted times:. as well, and can manipulate them as they see fit, just as .:you:. .:can:..

The .:King:. is .:dead:. - or rather - he was .:never born:..  He was the first society knew of to have this power - and he tried to keep a grip on it knowing the .:pure evil:. that could be done with it.  His power .:lingers:. though, as the time waves have yet to fully propagate.  He built .:redundancies:. for himself - planting .:seeds:. to keep him known.

It is up to you to change time again.  We .:don't know what will happen next:., but it will happen soon.   Whoever .:stopped:. the King probably had a lot of powers and resources to get through to him and his ancestry.   For all we know it could be one of you, or maybe he did it to himself by accident mucking around in the deep past.   Your guess is as good as mine these days.  I was set to do this task from my birth, to watch the times - always to watch - never to act unless time started to unwind and change itself.   It has begun.

===================================================================
Rules: This is a time travel game.   Things in .:dots:. can be changed later in the future.  You .:will receive a notice:. when something changes as you can feel a propagation in time that can affect the result of a decision you may make in the future.

At first your powers are limited.   The King kept tight reigns on his subjects and their ability to manipulate time.   You can change one thing in a post of yours, which may or may not affect a post in the GMs writing.  It must be pre-planned though, and others can tell when you set a change.  You can start by only marking a single word.   As you progress you may get up to an entire fragment of a phrase.   When you edit something in your past, it must be something the GM quoted previously and you must signal the post to him by re-quoting.   The GM unfortunately won't give you the same courtesy as your change might not affect something for quite a while - or maybe your propagation failed.

Going through different timelines is possible as well - at first you are limited to going back only a few minutes - but a few minutes can change a fair deal of things.   Later you may be able to go days, years, centuries.   Who knows?

===================================================================

Character Creation:

Name:
Why you were picked for this mission:

Put 15 points however you like into the following (min 1, max 10)

BODY:
AGILITY:
SMARTS:
CHRONO:
CHARM:

Special Power: (Teleporter (freeze time and move) - Master of offence (No matter your time span, you deal more damage) - Timelord (Timetravel abilities manifest quicker) - Seer (know the future, prediction) - Multiplier (Don't cross the streams!) - Suggestions are negotiable if they fit into the theme of time and space)
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Chronoporters
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »

interesting, not sure I want to play, but I want to observe at least, and if not enough join I will make a character
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 08:34:11 pm »

I'll write up a character in the morning, as my characters suck when i write them in the night.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:27:41 pm »

I'll in this, looks interesting.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:28:07 pm »

Name: Stiric
Why you were picked for this mission: Stiric was picked due to his odd ability to quickly manifest new abilities. Although he was also picked due to his charm, which he used to work his way into the politics of the land, although he didn't get any power he did manage to learn a few things that he sold to the highest bidder.

BODY: 1
AGILITY:2
SMARTS:2
CHRONO:4
CHARM: 6

Special Ability: Timelord
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:34:05 pm »

Character Creation:
Name: .:Juliet Lecta:.
Why you were picked for this mission: She's very, very, very .:agile:.. Like, one of the .:most:. so of the time travelers. Since they figured they were going against .someone .:powerful:., they picked someone who would be able to hold their own in a .:fight:.. IT also makes her good for various tasks requiring .:fine dexterity:., of which thy figured there would be .:many:..

Appearance: Tall and thin with dark yellow hair and blue eyes, .:Moderately tanned:. white skin (as in still white, but darker white). .:Prefers to wear yellow or bright green clothing, or other neon colors.:.

AGILITY: 7
SMARTS:  3
CHRONO: 2
CHARM: 2

Special Power: Teleporter
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:37:28 am by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:57:22 pm »

In, will create character ASAP.

Name: Cade Sarra
Why you were picked for this mission: Cade's a decently strong, smart guy, even if he couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag, and wants to help people. He's also a skilled warrior.

BODY: 4
AGILITY: 3
SMARTS: 4
CHRONO: 3
CHARM:  1

Special Power: Master of Offense
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:10:09 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 10:41:25 pm »

May as well. In! Making Character soon.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:29:47 pm »

Now this looks interesting. Hope there's still a slot open, 'cause I want to join. I'll make a sheet by tomorrow, at the latest.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 12:11:00 am »

Name: Cyas Kialn
Why you were picked for this mission: Cyas was chosen for a reason... She was a seer, able to pierce through the veil of time with her eyes. Effectively, she could see the future. This is an invaluable weapon for any time-warper, to be able to see what will happen when you change things.

AGILITY: 1
SMARTS: 3
CHRONO: 7

Special Power: Seer
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 12:22:12 am »

Name: Cassandra De La Mancha
Why you were picked for this mission: I tried to tell them. Oh, how I tried to tell them. But nobody listens to Cassandra. "You're crazy," they said. "The King will live forever," they said. "Well, yeah," I'd say; "But there are so many forevers." Like the one that other me told me about, or tried to tell me about, and that I tried to tell them about. And now that one of the Cassandras turns out to be right, they listen. You'd think they'd have better timing, wouldn't you?

BODY: 2
AGILITY: 2
SMARTS: 6
CHRONO: 4
CHARM: 1

Special Power: Multiplier

Edit: Fair warning, if I made it in under the wire--I believe Cassandra is likely to bear certain remarkable similarities to Zathras. Though that may be the late-night talking. Hour of the wolf, and all that. ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:42:42 am by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Son_of_Orion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 01:38:56 am »

Oh man, this filled up fast. Well, I don't know how big the player list will be. Hope I can make it.

Name: Garrett Faulkner
Why you were picked for this mission: Garrett was chosen, not just because he is strong, but also because he is versatile. He proved that he could, given time, overcome a wide variety of challenges during his tests. However, Garrett's most outstanding skill does not involve violence. He has a knack for reading and manipulating people, which will come in handy during situations that require a more delicate touch.

BODY: 3
CHARM: 5

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 10:49:28 am by Son_of_Orion »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 03:32:34 am »

I'd be interested in the waiting list.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 03:57:45 pm »

nevermind can i just be waitlisted?
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 06:26:39 pm »

This should be enough, I like the talent spread.

I'll have an opening post up the day after tomorrow.

Name: Stiric
Why you were picked for this mission: Stiric was picked due to his odd ability to quickly manifest new abilities. Although he was also picked due to his charm, which he used to work his way into the politics of the land, although he didn't get any power he did manage to learn a few things that he sold to the highest bidder.

AGILITY:2
SMARTS:2
CHRONO:4
CHARM: 6

Special Ability: Timelord

Character Creation:
Name: Juliet Lecta
Why you were picked for this mission: She's very, very, very agile. Like, one of the most so of the time travelers. Since they figured they were going against someone powerful, they picked someone who would be able to hold their own in a fight. IT also makes her good for various tasks requiring fine dexterity, of which thy figured there would be many.

Appearance: Tall and thin with dark yellow hair and blue eyes, Moderately tanned white skin (as in still white, but darker white). Prefers to wear yellow or bright green clothing, or other neon colors.

AGILITY: 7
SMARTS:  3

Special Power: Teleporter

Name: Cade Sarra
Why you were picked for this mission: Cade's a decently strong, smart guy, even if he couldn't talk his way out of a paper bag, and wants to help people. He's also a skilled warrior.

BODY: 4
AGILITY: 3
SMARTS: 4
CHRONO: 3
CHARM:  1

Name: Cyas Kialn
Why you were picked for this mission: Cyas was chosen for a reason... She was a seer, able to pierce through the veil of time with her eyes. Effectively, she could see the future. This is an invaluable weapon for any time-warper, to be able to see what will happen when you change things.

AGILITY: 1
CHRONO: 7

Special Power: Seer

Name: Cassandra De La Mancha
Why you were picked for this mission: I tried to tell them. Oh, how I tried to tell them. But nobody listens to Cassandra. "You're crazy," they said. "The King will live forever," they said. "Well, yeah," I'd say; "But there are so many forevers." Like the one that other me told me about, or tried to tell me about, and that I tried to tell them about. And now that one of the Cassandras turns out to be right, they listen. You'd think they'd have better timing, wouldn't you?

BODY: 2
SMARTS: 6
CHRONO: 4
CHARM: 1

Special Power: Multiplier

Name: Garret Faulkner
Why you were picked for this mission: Garret was chosen, not just because he is strong, but also because he is versatile. He proved that he could, given time, overcome a wide variety of challenges during his tests. However, Garret's most outstanding skill does not involve violence. He has a knack for reading and manipulating people, which will come in handy during situations that require a more delicate touch.

BODY: 3
CHARM: 5

More class details:

MaO - Pretty self explanatory - bonuses are seen in most combat rolls!

Seer - You possess the ability to see changes before they manifest themselves, and have a certain pull in tangling between time webs.  Information can be fed to you if requested.  At the beginning just seeing the things are your forté - but with development cause and effect will be understood from short to long term.   Ever think about crushing a butterfly in the days of great dinosaurs?   You will come to know the exact impacts.  Occasionally on a high roll you might be PMed with some info that will be up to you to dismantal and reformat into your posts!  (or keep at secret knowledge, some futures are best left untold for in their telling can alter their very existence.)

Timelord - You draw from a higher level of Chronopower.  You can move through time twice the distance with half the recharge time.  You have the best chance at undoing actions that lead to undesirable outcomes and as such you automatically start with the ability to tag two single words in your posts (or one sentence fragment).

Multiplier - You possess the ability to draw a future version of yourself to the present. You MUST NOT be in the same position as another version of yourself though, else chronofragging will occur.   The greater your powers grow the more distant into the future you can draw from, which means the longer your future can be before you.  Also - the greater your powers grow, the more future versions of yourself you will be able to draw upon at the same time.  At the beginning you can draw somebody from one turn in the future for one turn.

Teleporter - This title is somewhat misleading - but its effect looks the same to the outside world.  You aren't so much teleporting as you are freezing time and moving.  There is a certain caveat to this ability though - You must physically be able to move where you're teleporting.  You cannot just teleport to inaccessible places.   Also, you cannot directly manipulate objects while time is frozen - so actions like picking up objects, opening doors, attacking, etc. remain impossible unless you unfreeze time/run out of chrono.  You have enough power at the beginning to teleport as far as you can walk in one normal RTD turn.

In terms of waitlisting, characters are not intended to be immortal in this game - I have no moral issues with killing people off if they get unlucky rolls or do suicidally dumb things.  Since there is a time travel mechanic involved people can be saved from past actions if a right correction is done - so its really hard to say if there will be a fast turnaround or if no one permanently dies at all.  I figure people will have better chances at bringing others back once they progress and "level up" their stats a bit throughout the game.  Current waitlist order is  Firelordsky then lawastooshort.

Request:  Please go through google and find a picture for your character and post it in this thread whenever you can!  If not I'll find one for you.   My gameplay style involves some image searching.  I'll re-size them to some standard for the purposes of chat/action/etc.   If I had the talent I'd draw things out but alas I am a searcher and not a maker!

Minor note:  I'm a little surprised that no-one added moddable tags to their character descriptions!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 08:21:15 pm by DinosaurusRex_x »
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!
Pages: [1] 2 3