Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Damn You, Broker!  (Read 2069 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Damn You, Broker!
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:42:52 pm »

I turned off everything in the labor menu, including all the hauling jobs, but my broker still insists on carrying socks to the depot rather than trading. The traders are going to leave soon and I won't get my trade. I know I can allow other dwarfs to do it, but he's the one with the skills!

I seem to recall it used to be that if a dorf had all hauling labors disabled, they would not bring items to the depot for trade. Why was this changed? Is there any way to get his ass over there so I can trade?

Inkster

• Bay Watcher
  • Lost in time
    • View Profile
Re: Damn You, Broker!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:46:57 pm »

Did you turn off throw hauling labors after you set the trader to go to the depot? He can have jobs queued up that he will finish whether the labor is enabled or not, I believe

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:49:32 pm »

If you must trade NOW either everything ordered hauled to depot must be there or your broker must be burrowed in just the depot, so he can't leave to haul.  Or, allow anybody to trade.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

You could just unmark for trading everything not already in the depot...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 03:51:38 pm »

Set all dwarves to trade, you can see values as long as you HAVE A BROKER, he dose not need to be there

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 04:44:58 pm »

Set all dwarves to trade, you can see values as long as you HAVE A BROKER, he dose not need to be there

Actually you need a dwarf with the appraiser skill, which gets experience whenever a dwarf opens the trading menu.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 05:20:11 pm »

Actually you need a dwarf with the appraiser skill, which gets experience whenever a dwarf opens the trading menu.
Are you sure? I trade all the time with random peasents and can still see the values. Maby it was my broker disguised as a cheesemaker......

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 06:07:12 pm »

Who are you trading with? As long as it isn't dwarves (as this would be counterproductive) take apart the depot and you can get everything for free.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 06:42:52 pm »

Who are you trading with? As long as it isn't dwarves (as this would be counterproductive) take apart the depot and you can get everything for free.
IIRC, the civ will consider that robbery.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 06:45:31 pm »

IIRC, the civ will consider that robbery.
They only consider it Robbery if you actually seize the items - if you deconstruct the depot, they'll consider it a Disaster, but their reaction will be the same either way.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:54:44 pm »

Sure, they may go to war with you, but isn't that what you really wanted anyway?
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »

Sure, they may go to war with you, but isn't that what you really wanted anyway?

If you're going to war, you may as well do it the ol' fashion way. By using your military to greet them. With sharp and/or blunt things.
That reminds me of a Let's Play, in Genesis mod, where the player kept killing the Sylvan elves for about five years, and they kept sending caravans...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »

If you're going to war, you may as well do it the ol' fashion way. By using your military to greet them. With sharp and/or blunt things.
That reminds me of a Let's Play, in Genesis mod, where the player kept killing the Sylvan elves for about five years, and they kept sending caravans...

Maybe they were sending the caravans to find out what happened to the previous ones?

They found out, but didn't live to tell about it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 07:20:40 pm »

Maybe they were sending the caravans to find out what happened to the previous ones?

They found out, but didn't live to tell about it.

I figured Sylvan Elves were just really, really dense. And that Dusk Elves didn't like them, considering they were welcomed to trade and always saw the slaughter of the Sylvans.
Pages: [1] 2