Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: General Sims Series Discussion  (Read 12901 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: General Sims Series Discussion
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2011, 10:28:46 pm »

So got the new Pets Expansion and I am somewhat impressed and annoyed.

Annoyed because I played my Sister's save and dug with the new dogs...

Three ingame days and I essentially got her over 70,000 dollars for digging.

Honestly EA I don't play the expansions to break the game. At least let me work for it.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2011, 11:40:03 pm »

I know, right? My cat army constantly finds rare stuff like Red Assassin bugs which sells for a ton. Not so much as with dogs though. Just wow ...

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2011, 11:44:09 pm »

You know what? It's time to make a dedicated cat-bug factory, for kaching.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2011, 11:49:22 pm »

I had no problem with an alternate way to get money or even if the Dog or Cat was comparible to top level job, even if it is MUCH easier, but a single dog can make more in a day then 8 top ranked sims could make in a week if you get lucky.

All they had to do is make the Super metals, that were originally a secret, and Super gems, that were also originally a secret, even more rare so you wouldn't find so many.

You know what? It's time to make a dedicated cat-bug factory, for kaching

Dogs are where the money is at if you have the World Adventures expansion too. Since Dogs can dig up Supernovium (8000), Compositorium (7000), Soulgem (3000-5000), and Tiberium (30,000). (Note that metals can be x2 if you have the Collection reward finished)

---

You know what I'd want in the next expansion? some way to organise HUGE super inventories. Right now my sim carries TONS and TONS of objects and simply activating it in the object sensitive objects takes forever.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:16:34 am by Neonivek »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:50 am »

Eh, I just dump all the inventory crap into WA chests.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2011, 12:51:16 am »

Eh, I just dump all the inventory crap into WA chests.

My inventory is too massive for that.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2012, 09:52:36 pm »

Bump because I need some help.

Anywho, I'm trying to get SimLife to work on my laptop with Windows 7 installed using DOSBox. I'm doing exactly what I did with my XP desktop, yet it doesn't work. Nothing happens, take a look:

Then I get stuck with

and then nothing ever happens. Never. I've done this process at least a dozen times on my XP desktop, yet 7 refuses to cooperate.

Can anyone help?

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2012, 04:27:39 am »

Would it be ok for me to upload my working copy?
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 10:54:53 am »

I'm tempted to make a guy who adopts lots of animals and then sacrifices them to become friends with the Grim Reaper. But I don't think I have the patience for that.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »

I'm tempted to pick this up, but am still indecisive, partly because of the steep price tag when going with anything but the bare-bones game. Could anyone answer a few questions?

1. It it possible (aside from using Steam) to avoid touching the Origin client even with the newest expansion, without missing any features of the game beside auto-patching?
2. Is anyone playing this on Steam, and if so, how well does it work? The Sims 3 forums on Steam are chock-full of "this doesn't work, that isn't recognized" posts so I'm a bit wary of picking it up there.
3. How buggy is the game in general? I heard some bad things about this and the state of customer support.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 08:22:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks like you're trying to run a windows executable in dosbox. Look and see if there's a simple "SIMLIFE.EXE" in there or maybe something else, possibly even a .bat file, without the W. Some games around that time period came with separate windows and dos executable files. I know SimIsle also did this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 08:18:59 am »

Base The Sims 3 is modestly unbuggy but still has issues that mostly can be fixed with cheats. (I have no problem using cheats to fix some glitches). Plus many of the glitches are relatively harmless.

Each expansion adds a lot of unpatched bugs that they still havn't even attempted to fix... a few which can corrupt and destroy your game.

I like The Sims 3 but the glitches are just unacceptible.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It looks like you're trying to run a windows executable in dosbox. Look and see if there's a simple "SIMLIFE.EXE" in there or maybe something else, possibly even a .bat file, without the W. Some games around that time period came with separate windows and dos executable files. I know SimIsle also did this.
SimLife doesn't, though. The only things there are 2 incompatible ("INSTALL" and "LIFSETUP") and another incompatible executable named "_IMLIFEW"

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2012, 03:45:15 am »

Screw this, it's abandonware, run dosbox.exe to play http://www.mediafire.com/?wm45sz23o3j5n95
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2012, 11:58:07 am »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8