Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: General Sims Series Discussion  (Read 12903 times)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: General Sims Series Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 04:29:14 pm »

For this being a Sim- games thread, how could we not mention the best one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »

Love me some SimAnt. Best in the series imo.
Also found some enjoyment with SimFarm. I wish they had gone on to make more non-city themed Sims.

I never played any The Sims games. A while back, a friend had me very close to trying Sims 2, but I had other games to play and just never took the plunge. A good review and a reasonable pricetag could probably get me into the game now though.

Reiina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 04:58:20 pm »

Hmm reading this thread I was imagining how awesome the sims(sims 1,2,3) could really be if...

Evil wasn't so cheesy
-Reach the top of the criminal career? You can use hitmen to kill your enemies(fanatical hitmen who won't rat you out).
-You can hire hitmen to kill a target with lots of $(Risk of getting caught).
-Got caught stealing/a hitman was caught and ratted you out? You spend several years in prison.
-Booby Traps!

Just from that you can imagine that a single parent's kid would end up with the other parent if you have to spend several years in prison, or with distant family/social services. Also vendettas between 2 families. Extorsion!

I was just thinking about evil because it always felt really disappointing(and I tend to like evil in my games :p) but about any part of the game could really be improved really.
Scientist? Make more and more awesome machines as you go! Manufacture drugs(breaking bad style :p).
Political career? Pass laws that affect the world.

There is so much possible depth that is unexploited because they had to keep the age rating low or because of sheer laziness.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

Love me some SimAnt. Best in the series imo.
Also found some enjoyment with SimFarm. I wish they had gone on to make more non-city themed Sims.

I never played any The Sims games. A while back, a friend had me very close to trying Sims 2, but I had other games to play and just never took the plunge. A good review and a reasonable pricetag could probably get me into the game now though.

I remember when I first played simfarm as a small child... It was a pure mindfuck to me. I still don't know how to play it.

SimEarth was a freaking awesome game too. I'm waiting for a good sequel, hence not spore.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:05:54 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 05:50:41 pm »

I remember one of my favorite creations in the sims 3 was when I tried to make Noximilien. Spent all time tinkering, never sleeping thanks to cocktail mixing, eventually got a time machine and fooled around with it while slowly building up my house. Eventually I ended up with a kid from time travel and I got bored of having to manage two sims, I really wish they had a mode where you manage only one of the sims in a house, kind of like how Sims 2: University was.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:16 pm »

I remember one of my favorite creations in the sims 3 was when I tried to make Noximilien. Spent all time tinkering, never sleeping thanks to cocktail mixing, eventually got a time machine and fooled around with it while slowly building up my house. Eventually I ended up with a kid from time travel and I got bored of having to manage two sims, I really wish they had a mode where you manage only one of the sims in a house, kind of like how Sims 2: University was.

You just have to be careful not to get knocked up in this game. It's not THAT hard to avoid.  :P

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 05:55:21 pm »

You just have to be careful not to get knocked up in this game. It's not THAT hard to avoid.  :P
No, you just randomly get a kid from time travel sometimes. There's like nothing to do about it, I actually tried to starve the kid to death and child services never came and the kid wouldn't die or something, if I remember correctly.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:21 pm »

Starving is stupid. It's much more fun to burn the children to death, then their ghosts come back red and on fire.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:33 pm »

their ghosts come back red and on fire.

If only ghosts in DF could do that.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:24 pm »

Urist Mcsadsack has been battered by urist Mcdead, ‼ghost‼!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:24 pm »

SimAnt and SimFarm and SimEarth and SimLife and SimFuckYeah!

At least with all those you got a complete game and didn't have to pay $40 for an elevator.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 06:55:09 pm »

Pirates don't.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 07:21:11 pm »

Never understood the attraction to the standard Sims games.  I can poop in real life, thank you very much.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 07:27:36 pm »

Never understood the attraction to the standard Sims games.

It's like a small version of DF, just without magma and you can directly control your subjects.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:46:58 pm by Ultimuh »

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

Starving is stupid. It's much more fun to burn the children to death, then their ghosts come back red and on fire.

May I sig this?
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8