Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some questions on some strange events.  (Read 701 times)

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
  • Last Survivor of Bodicebent.
    • View Profile
Some questions on some strange events.
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:57:02 pm »

Hey guys, Necromunger again i have some questions to some odd problems.

1. Sometimes when dwarfs walk through doors and they are travelling to dump an item somewhere they just drop the dumped item in the door. :S
This causes the door to be stuck open. I cannot do anything to move that item from the door, i have made new dump locations forbid/unforbid dump/undump i cant get it out of the door.

The only thing that has fixed this for me is removing the door THEN Dumping the item.

2. Some of my dwarvern babies end up in the middle of nowhere, I found a baby at the bottom of a caravan by itself.

Troglodyte Strangles (Name) Baby by the throat. 

: (

3. Sometimes when I give my squads move orders and lets say there is 4 squads, 2 of the squads will go to the target and the other two squads will just piss off?????????
I literally see them just go *Station* somewhere else probably 150 tiles away.

4. My Veterans never heal from there nerve damage, they still kill their share EASILY on sieges but no one knows how to help them. They just flash yellow.

5. The Humans have sent there diplomat (Female) to represent the other 6 (Female) Leaders? Who would have guessed they would take control :P

Anyway all they do is organise a meeting with my baron and  spend some time in his personal quarters in a "Meeting" and then after a while she is like "Great place u got here" and leaves?

That's it for now, any help with any of these questions would be a great help, thanks

Necromunger.

for (Dwarf * newDwarf in dwarfArray){
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions on some strange events.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:01:56 pm »

For #4, by default, nerve damage never heals in dwarves. You have to edit raws to make it so nerves will heal over time.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:29:10 pm »

#1 Dwarves will collect stuff regarding stockpiles. If it's a piece of furniture or good, just expand your stockpiles. If it's something you don't want like a sock or something, it might not be dumped due to being forbidden or a dwarf owns it. Check it see if it's a {Shitty leather jockstrap}, as the {} indicate forbidden. If it's not forbidden, then a dwarf might own it. Use DFHacks 'cleanowned' function and a dwarf will dispose of the article of clothing.

#2. That's hilarious. Children make shit workers anyway, even in adulthood. Children are stupid and wander all over the place.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:34:52 pm »

Thanks guys and Mitch i think you were right about a dwarf owning the item.

I just found a goblins head on a tower lol.
Must have Arc"ed(?) up there.
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}

melphel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »

#3 - Were the other two squads that hang around somewhere else off duty when you issued the station order?  My only guess is that they needed to pick up equipment when the order went out, and they are just taking their sweet time getting ready.

#5 - Human diplomats don't do anything.  Dwarf diplomats would discuss trade agreements ans ask you what you want them to import.  Elf diplomats would just tell you to stop using wood die horrible deaths.  Humans don't care about any of that stuff, so they just show up, tell you how nice your stuff is, then bugger off.  The only time human diplomats do anything is if you were at war with them previously and then they are seeking armistice.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »

5. The Humans have sent there diplomat (Female) to represent the other 6 (Female) Leaders? Who would have guessed they would take control :P

Anyway all they do is organise a meeting with my baron and  spend some time in his personal quarters in a "Meeting" and then after a while she is like "Great place u got here" and leaves?

Maybe your human civ is female only and dwarves are the best... uh... genes donors.

Necromunger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 08:23:52 pm »

@melphel They already had all their equipment, they actually gather at another location. When you see it you can tell.

Group one gathers here and you can directly see the other two squads running off.
      [newDwarf cancelJob];
      [newDwarf Drink];
}

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:22 pm »

... Humans don't care about any of that stuff, so they just show up, tell you how nice your stuff is, then bugger off.  The only time human diplomats do anything is if you were at war with them previously and then they are seeking armistice.

I don't know if it still is in place in 31.xx, since diplomats are somewhat broken, but human diplomats used to spy on your fort, marking the location of traps that they saw. Then, if you got into a fight with the humans, they wouldn't set off the marked traps (but would be affected by new traps).

melphel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 08:57:51 pm »

oh yes, I forgot that.  They most certainly do still do that in 31.25.  Don't all diplomats do that though, not just the human ones?

Usually, I kill any foreign diplomats regardless.  Then start constructing upright spikes.