Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dungeon Denizens - A Card Game  (Read 4859 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Denizens - Polling for artist interest
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:03:11 am »

i havent had much time, i wipd this up in half an hour today, i'll get a proper scan and add some color to it, is this close to what you wanted?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:37 am »

Looks pretty good! I think once it's been cleaned up an colored it'll be reasonable representation of the Grunts.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »

I've started a blog over on board game geek about this project. I'll be slowing adding stuff over time, but if you're interested feel free to check it out.

I'm hoping to have a good post there at some point to show off the art that people are making!

Speaking of which, remember that the art is going to be going in a space roughly the size of the art section on a magic card. I'm not sure the exact dimensions of that right now, but I think it's somewhere around 2"x1" area. I'll try to get that figured out sometime soon, but I'm still working on the layout of the cards.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

I'm very interested in this project.
I've always liked doing backgrounds more than actually drawing figures.
Think I could take a stab at narrow bridge?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »

Feel free!

Got to play a game this weekend, so I'm planning on putting a Session Report up over on the blog. Should be up in the next few days.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »

Session report is up. Hopefully it's an interesting read.

If anyone wants an interesting picture to try, I'd like to see what people can do with the Dyansauri Berserker. He got a lot of use in that game, single-handedly taking on some of the early game Fortifications. Dyansaurai are humanoid dinosaurs. Roughly human-sized, with a crest of feathers on the head and a fan of feathers at the end of the tail. Their colors are a mix of blues, reds, and greens although not all individuals have all 3 color types. They use crystalline weapons and armor. Blood red for the weapons and dark blue for the armor.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 09:59:33 am »

I have another session report posted if anyone is interested.

The game is starting to shape up nicely. Still lots more testing and tweaking to do, but I've really been able to start seeing what works and what doesn't. Also, we've gotten the 4-player game down to a reasonable 1.5 hours with the latest set of rules changes. It's fast and brutal in that set-up, which is pretty cool. The really nice thing is that extending it to get a longer, more relaxed game is simple to do.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »

Game is starting to shape up nicely. I think I'm going to get to the point where I can print out a prototype version of this.

Anyone have any art done at this point? I'd love to start playing around with card design using some of your art instead of stuff ripped off the internet.
Come play Mafia with us!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 02:46:52 am »

I may have time to attempt some art tomorrow or this weekend - possibly Narrow Bridge or Floor Spikes. Essential questions:

What is the form factor/size of the card back art? Do you have any designs in mind? Do you want them to be in full-colour, or would monochrome do?

Would you be fine with monochrome for any art?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 10:23:48 am »

Cards will be 2.5 in. x 3.5 in. The Art area will be 2 in. x 1.5 in.

Monochrome is ok if it really fits a card well, but I'd prefer full color for most things.
Come play Mafia with us!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 10:58:30 am »

Posting to follow.

Read your sessions and it sounds like your having a lot of fun with this.

I like drawing monsters, so I would be pleased to help out if appropriate, I'm not sure if my drawings would fit stylistically though with what you are after ... they would probably look more like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

or this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

than the better rendered stuff that some of the other guys are doing around here. Let me know! I'm not sensitive, so feel free to tell me where to stick it!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:25 am »

That second one isn't too bad. Want to try giving one of the monsters I've mentioned a go?
Come play Mafia with us!

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 04:42:02 pm »

it seems my digital rendering skills are severely rusted. it's a pity, because my draughtsman skills are awesome, so i'd be willing to work with someone more comfortable in digital colouring if they feel their drawings aren't up to the task

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2011, 04:01:56 pm »

Posting a work in progress of a bash at the Dyansauri.

A long way to go still (i.e. he needs teeth, colouring plenty to do and I need to think about the armour a bit), but the basis of what I am thinking is there.

I tried the squirlvirines but I can't pin down the movement of a group of squirming squirrely wolverine things.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2011, 10:59:06 am »

Shaping up pretty well. Although I imagine more of a crest of feathers on the head than just a blue skull-cap looking thing. Unless that's just an early attempt at a helm?

In any case, I look forward to seeing how it turns out!

Also, Third Session Report is up

Game is progressing nicely. Now that things have settled a bit I'm actually making up more of the cards to play with. Should be fun to play with more than just Humans as the Overland race!
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 [2] 3