Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Rage about Rage  (Read 3500 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Rage about Rage
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 06:26:07 pm »

The few people over on SA who've been getting it to run well are loving it. The way the enemies react seems to be one of the plusses - there seems to be some real weight to your weapons, especially the shotgun, and they don't just ragdoll when shot but maintain momentum. Can't wait to try, once ATI gets their act together - it sounds more and more like that's the primary culprit, ATI's consistently bad OpenGL support.

Edit: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=351811

New ATI drivers, apperently fixing tearing, artifacts, and many other issues.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:08:11 pm by Tilla »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »

yup new driver fixed it for many, and made it much much worse for others. :(

Have to tell you, having tried the weapons, the only one that feels like it has any weight is the sniper, unless you are using alternative ammo on the other guns. The physics in general acti like a game from 2006 tbh. Invisible walls pop up when driving and you just come to an instantaneous stop without any other effect. Speaking of invisible walls, you can't jump over even the lowest of railings and are forced along every path the game wants you to.

Best thing about the game, when sitting still the world looks pretty cool and the different enemies have cool design. The worst thing, the programming. This is not a well designed or programmed game. That's all that can be said I am afraid. Hoping it at least gets better with support.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 09:07:09 pm »

Eh, well, there's always mods. It's based on the UnReal engine, right? It has craptons of mod support... I think.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 09:08:18 pm »

Eh, well, there's always mods. It's based on the UnReal engine, right? It has craptons of mod support... I think.
No, this is the new iDtech engine 5.

Personally I can't see how anyone can't like the gunplay and the way enemies react. It seems cooler than any other game I've seen.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »

it's a matter of playing instead of watching. I'll listen a little more to reviews from people who have played the release client.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:58 pm »

Ah, well, there's my own ignorance showing.

Personally, I automatically just have to give any game that doesn't include space-marines a 0/10, so I'll probably not be playing it anytime soon.

echonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:43 pm »

Personally I can't see how anyone can't like the gunplay and the way enemies react. It seems cooler than any other game I've seen.

Yes!  That's what is keeping me playing.  Honestly my biggest gripe is that there's too much driving around and talking to townsfolk and not enough blowing the heads off of bandits and mutants!

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 11:44:36 pm »

Ah, well, there's my own ignorance showing.

Personally, I automatically just have to give any game that doesn't include space-marines a 0/10, so I'll probably not be playing it anytime soon.
It has space marines, in the form of bobbleheads of the Doom guy :D

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 08:01:11 am »

See, the problem everyone has to begin with is the fact they bought an ATI card. No games and ATI cards seem to ever go well together at first and sometimes ever. Hence I buy Nvidia, even a few year old card like mine is still good to run every new game.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:55 am »

Nvidia cards have problems with games too, just fewer of them. I have made the switch, it's just not worth the difference in cost anymore.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2011, 11:30:01 am »

I spent enough hours on Borderlands, I didn't get it because geez...talk about ugly landscapes.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 01:12:29 pm »

I wrote a mini-review on the steam store. If you are my friend on steam you can see it there.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 01:23:41 pm »

Borderlands pretty much guaranteed I won't play this either. I think I can say I'm officially bored of your standard post-apocalyptic setup. I can't take any more rusted corrugated iron structures, guys with copious amounts of man boob showing through their leather and animal-hair lined psycho suits or sterile wastelands, or generic mutants. Just like Oblivion kind of set the new "must be more interesting than this" standard for open world RPGs, I think the baseline has been set by Fallout (for an RPG) and Borderlands (for anything more action-y.)

Every time I see a post-apocalypse desert wasteland, all I can think is "Where's my Stalker 2?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

Every time I see a post-apocalypse desert wasteland, all I can think is "Where's my Stalker 2?"

Its coming on consoles! Didn't you hear? *cries*

I love my Xbox and everything, but that really makes me weep.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 03:56:00 pm »

It could be worse. It could be a console exclusive.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4