Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I have never seen a thief  (Read 2555 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: I have never seen a thief
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »

Is it possible for a theif to steal an item undetected?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 03:34:32 pm »

Is it possible for a theif to steal an item undetected?
Only until they reach the map border. Then it gives you the announcement.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 03:42:09 pm »

I had a Fortress i was next to the strongest Goblin Civ in the world. No thieves or childnappers after he stole one kid.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 07:47:33 am »

Goblin thieves usually generate a "Snatcher! Protect the children!" message when discovered.

In my limited experience, they never steal anything or make off with babies, though, unlike the goblin baby snatchers of the past...they usually just get noticed by a cuddly kitten, stab it, and run off the map before your military can respond.

I've had a grand total of one baby stolen. The snatcher was discovered by a mother carrying an infant. The snatcher stabbed her in the arm, causing her to drop her baby, which he then ran off with. What's more annoying is that they end up killing off my dogs early-on.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:27 am »

I've had a grand total of one baby stolen. The snatcher was discovered by a mother carrying an infant. The snatcher stabbed her in the arm, causing her to drop her baby, which he then ran off with. What's more annoying is that they end up killing off my dogs early-on.

I had a mother with baby discover a snatcher once. The snatcher stabbed the baby. The mother dropped the baby and ran away. The snatcher also ran away.

I didn't know whether to scream "what kind of a mother are you?" or "what kind of a snatcher are you?"

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:02 am »

I had a mother with baby discover a snatcher once. The snatcher stabbed the baby. The mother dropped the baby and ran away. The snatcher also ran away.

I didn't know whether to scream "what kind of a mother are you?" or "what kind of a snatcher are you?"

Mothering 101: If your baby gets stabbed, don't drop it!

Snatching 101: If a mother drops her baby, grab it. It'll have a better life if it's not raised by an alcoholic midget.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 08:46:23 am »

Don't bears steal booze? I think I once had ice bears coming for a stash in a remote construction site, nicking some of it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 08:51:59 am »

In one of my forts, I got so sick of babies being stolen/killed, that I built a heavily-guarded nursery
and locked all the mothers in there with their tots.
The last straw was when a lazy hauler decided to have a nap by the river with her baby... Just when some goblins attacked.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 [2]